PDA

View Full Version : Exile ZLD EQ Group Buy

dusty2221
05-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Hey fellas, with all the talk of the WS420, Krypt, and ZLD I figured we should just get a group buy going for a ZLD. This will be similar to the Exile Buoy Balls, I have a Coupon code that you can PM me for. The coupon code will expire this coming Wednesday, May 9. The units will not ship until the end of the week once the buy is over. The buy includes both the stand alone ZLD as well as the kit which includes everything needed for a fresh new install.

If you aren't familiar with the ZLD, here is a little tech video explaining the basics of it that Brian filmed.
http://vimeo.com/40633003

This is a great opportunity to add a quality EQ to your system at a great price. Here is the direct link to Exile's site so you can see for yourself. http://exileaudio.com/store/index.php/amplifiers/signal-processing.html

Pm me for the code or with any questions I might could help with.

http://exileaudio.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/600x600/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/_/s_005e_1.jpg

kaneboats
05-04-2012, 11:42 AM
I feel like I'm in a time warp again. When is Wed. April 9?

wolfeman131
05-04-2012, 11:44 AM
It's in 2014. Nice, got some time to decide on this one!

dusty2221
05-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Ugh. Edited. Thanks, you esteemed gentlemen who are so much smarter than I am.

sandm
05-04-2012, 11:58 AM
don't really have the money for this right now..

I really want it..

don't really have the money right now..

I really want it..

ok, pm sent :)

wolfeman131
05-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Ugh. Edited. Thanks, ya jacklegs.

watch it! remember, I can always edit it back to the way it was . . .

kaneboats
05-04-2012, 12:06 PM
watch it! remember, I can always edit it back to the way it was . . .

Yup, there's proof in post #4 above.

Cigars n scotch
05-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Dusty did you get KG's permission to go Exile instead of WS like he recommended in the other thread on Krypt?

(sorry I had too, wanted to jump in on the friendly ribbing that goes on)

On a serious note, I hope this coupon code deal is not such a great deal for you guys that I will regret getting it on the preorder price and not waiting till this (ahem ahem Brian from Exile). Just playing, you guys who purchase it will be thankful you did. I love mine. In glad I found that thread a while ago and got introduced to the ZLD, I don't know what I'd do without it.

KG's Supra24
05-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Way to ag it on cigars.

Dusty runs a full blown exile system, though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

you da man
05-04-2012, 01:47 PM
don't really have the money for this right now..

I really want it..

don't really have the money right now..

I really want it..

ok, pm sent :)

If you don't have the money now, Earmark sells it for $140 everyday so no worries (Moomba pun lol)

jmvotto
05-04-2012, 03:02 PM
If you don't have the money now, Earmark sells it for $140 everyday so no worries (Moomba pun lol)

I thought i checked the site the other day and it was 200... hmmmm

you da man
05-04-2012, 03:57 PM
I thought i checked the site the other day and it was 200... hmmmm

I remember when the WS420 could be had for just over $200 on sale a couple years ago. Demand and/or competition dictates price I guess.

dusty2221
05-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Just a followup to this..

In March when we hit the water for the first time this season I noticed hiss in the tower speakers that I did not remember last year. I have spent a few hours trying to isolate every component and identify how much natural buzz each component owned to identify what the main source was. All signs have pointed to the Krypt that is now a year old. I finally stuck my ZLD in, instantly the hiss is gone. I have no more white noise in the system now than what each component put out when everything was isolated to test each thing out.

So glad this is finally resolved. With the other thread about white noise and hiss with the Krypt I thought this may help. Anyone out there suffering with the noise, I would certainly look into a better quality EQ if the noise starts driving you nuts. I know tons are happy with the WS-420, the Kicker product Phil mentioned, and now I can vouch for the ZLD in the quiet department. I don't have any factual/in depth noise test like some of the audio pros could produce, all I have is the "seat of the pants dyno" so to speak to gauge it. With my Krypt installed, you could stand next to the boat while it was on the trailer and hear the hiss without trying. Now....silence.

FWIW, my towers were the only source of hiss,both the HLCD and the Surf Speakers. The in-boats were silent.

bergermaister
05-21-2012, 12:28 PM
I have a brand new Krypt EQ sitting in the box still waiting to be installed. Looks like now I'm going to have to test before committing to a full installation. Hmmmmmm

ChrisK
05-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Dang... I was hoping that wasn't the solution to my problem...

dusty2221
05-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Chris, I tried everything under the sun to show me that it wasn't the krypt. Unfortunately, it was. Fwiw, I had zero noise last year that I can recall. This year we noticed it on day 1.