PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Boatmate Trailer Actuator Install

sj808
05-03-2012, 10:42 PM
I left the emergency breakaway cable attached to my truck and it broke off when I pulled away. Did a little research and it sounds like I need to remove the actuator to replace this cable. Does anyone have a link with step by step pictures of this being done? Sounds like bleading the breaks will be the most difficult part? I am going to attempt this weekend and need all the help I can get.

Thanks!

Bob

2004 Moomba Mobius LSV

rsinger
05-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Does this help?

http://www.ufpnet.com/Portals/0/PDFs/A-60,%2075%20_%2084%20Actuator%20Maintenance.pdf

It was under the How to topic.

sj808
05-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Doesn't have a lot of pictures, but it looks like all the instructions are there. Thanks Ron, appreciate the help!

Mikey
05-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Without going through the whole instruction manual posted. I replaced my actuator selenoid last year and really was not that hard. I almost believe for what you have to do you may not have to disconnect the brake lines ,and therefore not have to worry about bleeding the lines. Its actually pretty straight forward once you get the unit separated ,removing the c clips and pins then it all opens up and i believe the breakaway cable wraps around the whole internal unit.

Mikey
05-04-2012, 07:04 PM
If you do disconnect the brake lines bleeding brake lines will be necessary.I talked to my local dealers mechanic and he explained how to do it all and a few tricks. They were booked up and so it was just as easy for both of us for me to do. I'm not a mechanic, just a little time and patience, and new fluid and parts . Good Luck.