PDA

View Full Version : Pro Wakeboard Tour - Acworth, Ga 5/19

E4NASH
05-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Anyone going to this? We've never been on Allatoona but we may put in for this and see if we can watch the competition from the water.

Anyone interested in a Moomba meet up here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaterNoob
05-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Can't wait for the Tour to hit here, Monroe Washington June 29th & 30th! Our company will be vendoring the event this year so hope it's another good turnout...

KSmith
05-09-2012, 07:55 AM
My wife and I will be there, possibly my step son and his gal, but we'll be onshore.

You can see pretty good from the water, they have a massive inflatable barrier they set up beyond the flaoting ramps and rails they bring in. There is a no cross line where tons of boats raft up out there but it gets crazy. The rafted boats drift, cross the line and the cops have to herd them all back across the line, usually at least two double decker party barges tied together with their own club ready sound systems blasting...

If you go land based they run a bunch of hay ride type trailers back and forth between downtown Acworth to the event at Dallas Landing. I've scheduled Thursday & Friday off. They usually start the practice and qualifications Thursday and then things get more interesting Friday with quarter finals and Saturday is the main event. After the competition the do some exhibition stuff like double ups and what not. Then the party moves to downtown Acworth for the awards and massive block party... got the roads roped off from traffic...

yz 2smoke
05-09-2012, 08:31 AM
We are going...I've never been to the comp and only to the lake once. We plan on boarding in the am and then go check out the event. It would be cool to meet some Moomba/Supra folks.

Suprahunter
05-09-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm still on the fence . I'm not sure I want to expose my boat to all the traffic and crowds on an unknown lake . If it was at Lanier I would go for sure.

KSmith
If we came out on Thursday would we get a good look at the event without the crowds? I dont think I would bring the boat though. Is the park dog friendly?

KCMobius
05-09-2012, 09:23 AM
We will be going to the Tour at Table Rock Lake. Never been to one but look forward to it.

KSmith
05-09-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm still on the fence . I'm not sure I want to expose my boat to all the traffic and crowds on an unknown lake . If it was at Lanier I would go for sure.

KSmith
If we came out on Thursday would we get a good look at the event without the crowds? I dont think I would bring the boat though. Is the park dog friendly?

Yeah your boat might be okay with a couple sets of Brian's Balls ;-) But it is a bit much for me so we stick to the shore. Plus on shore you can visit the vendors tents and what not. You can also take the shuttle back into town if you want to grab lunch or whatever. We always bring chairs when shoring it so we have a place to sit and relax.

Anyway, yes Dallas Landing Dog friendly, must be on leash and owner must attend to doggie deposits. There are nice picnic areas and then the beach. It is fun to set the chairs out in the water on the beach for awhile to keep cool but eventually we get crispy so we move towards the tree line and shade.

Well Thursdays are a bit slow for most people but Fridays are pretty good mix of action and smaller crowds. Friday if you get to Dallas Landing early you can just pay entrance fee to the park and find a place to park where as Saturdays you have to park downtown and take the shuttle trailers. I like Fridays but not all the vendors are set up, but you can usually get a place to park in the park and there are picnic tables and whatnot, bring a cooler, chairs, picnic and you're set for Friday. Same for Thursday but Thursdays are usually pretty slow, hardly any crowds to speak of, and the riders can take paractice runs and eventually there used to be some qualifying done.

They are only listing Friday events this year so Thursday may be even slower than usual.

Friday, May 18

8:00 AM Junior Pro Men Quarterfinals
11:00 AM Pro Women Semifinals
12:30 PM- 6:00 PM Pro Men Qualifying

Saturday the party is ON.

KSmith
05-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Here's the full posted schedule

Daily Schedule

Friday, May 18

8:00 AM Junior Pro Men Quarterfinals
11:00 AM Pro Women Semifinals
12:30 PM- 6:00 PM Pro Men Qualifying

Saturday, May 19

10:00 AM Pro Men Quarterfinals
12:30 PM Junior Pro Men Semifinals
1:30 PM Pro Men Semifinals
3:00 PM Junior Pro Men Finals
3:30 PM Pro Women Finals
MAIN EVENT
4:30 PM Pro Men Finals
5:30 PM Big Air Kicker Contest
6:30- 7:30 PM Double Up Contest
9:00 PM Awards Ceremony- Off site at Block Party

Schedule subject to change

Venue Info

Dallas Landing Park
5120 Allatoona Drive
Acworth, GA 30101
Directions (Click Here)

E4NASH
05-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Well, looks like we are going in a camping trip with my parents to Carter's lake that weekend so we're out. My parents only come in town once or twice a year so we are going to go with them and their RV up to Woodring Campground...should be fun. First camping trip with the boat and first camping trip in a looooong time...

wolfeman131
05-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Sounds like fun, too!

Kapt'n - I may try and get over your way on Fri.

KSmith
05-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Sounds like fun, too!

Cool! I'll be somewhere near the 2011 Blue Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with chrome rims and a body armour cargo cage. Hopefully my newly ordered Moomba hat will arrive in time.

KSmith
05-09-2012, 11:40 AM
New XStar to debut in Acworth

http://wakeboardingmag.com/news/2012/05/03/mastercraft-debuts-new-xstar-at-first-stop-of-pro-wakeboard-tour/

E4NASH
05-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Sounds like fun, too!

If you are coming out this way we still going to meet to get those boards?