PDA

View Full Version : Krypt EQ defects cause delay

98outback
05-03-2012, 10:08 AM
I emailed Ken today to get a tracking number since the last time I talked to him said they would ship end of April. They have not shipped and he said there was a defect so now it will be another 60 days. He said they sent out an email on Monday to let the people that preordered know. I did not receive an email. Another 60 days. Really. I guess that's what I get for going cheap. Should I just cancel my order and get a WS420? I would go with the Exile but need the mic.

E4NASH
05-03-2012, 11:02 AM
I say cancel and go with the WS420. In my experience with electronics you get what you pay for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfeman131
05-03-2012, 02:47 PM
There are a lot of good products out there, but most of the marine audio that is top-of-mind on this board isn't manufactured in the States. The best stuff is made in the USA and others take this and get it reversed engineered in China. Some diguise this by stating "Designed in the USA." Uh, huh.

Others may make certain components or pieces but not everything. They find a manufacturer/supplier in China that has a product with the specs they are looking for and then make simple changes like different knobs and screenprint a cool logo on the chassis. Oh, and they jack the price up 3 to 10 times.

Is this the case with Krypt? I can't be positive, but why 60 days? Slow boat from China is my guess.

Need more? Check out some of these links and see if anything looks familiar.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9002_Boss-EQ1208.html

http://www.avantalk.com/products02.php?id=62

http://www.absoluteusa.com/component/zoo/item/eq-400.html?category_id=30&Itemid=669

wolfeman131
05-03-2012, 02:48 PM
If my answer wasn't clear from above, go with the WetSounds.

E4NASH
05-03-2012, 02:50 PM
If my answer wasn't clear from above, go with the WetSounds.

Don't ya think this would've been sufficient??? Sheesh!

Nobodyrides4Free
05-03-2012, 02:51 PM
98outback, Im in the same boat as you! HaHa... $299 for the WS420, dont have the cash right now to spend the extra 200. Undecided still...... Me and my buddy both ordered them so we could link the boats now we have to wait till probably the 1st of July before we even get them. I could spend a little more but 200, No.
I should have posted it last week when I found out , sorry.

Let me know what you decide......

KG's Supra24
05-03-2012, 03:01 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DD5UHN6OVLA/T5ByxsRErMI/AAAAAAAACNc/NpwRQeWises/s1600/surprised+face.jpg

wolfeman131
05-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Don't ya think this would've been sufficient??? Sheesh!

No. If I thought so, I wouldn't have bothered typing the rest. I like being an informed consumer. I like others to be at least aware of what they may be getting into and I'm simply helping to support your comment of "In my experience with electronics you get what you pay for..." Imported Chinese stuff may not be worth the $200 upfront savings if you:

a) never receive what you ordered
b) end up having to buy a new one or different one because of a "defect"

you da man
05-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Go Wetsounds if you need the mic otherwise Exiles new EQ looks really solid as for features. I love my WS420.

98outback
05-03-2012, 04:17 PM
I wonder if we could get a group buy on the wet sound equalizer? Would anyone be interested in that?

jpetty3023
05-03-2012, 04:36 PM
I'd be interested

Sent from my home phone..

E4NASH
05-03-2012, 04:40 PM
I'd be in!

Salyers
05-03-2012, 05:20 PM
I'd be in!

sandm
05-03-2012, 05:28 PM
There are a lot of good products out there, but most of the marine audio that is top-of-mind on this board isn't manufactured in the States. The best stuff is made in the USA and others take this and get it reversed engineered in China. Some diguise this by stating "Designed in the USA." Uh, huh.

Others may make certain components or pieces but not everything. They find a manufacturer/supplier in China that has a product with the specs they are looking for and then make simple changes like different knobs and screenprint a cool logo on the chassis. Oh, and they jack the price up 3 to 10 times.

Is this the case with Krypt? I can't be positive, but why 60 days? Slow boat from China is my guess.

not quite sure what you're trying to say with this.
seems like a slam on most all audio companies for getting stuff made in china, but that can't be as that's where everything comes from anymore from cheap krypt products to everyone's beloved ipad/iphone. it's a fact of life anymore.

to the op, it's 2 choices. wait for krypt to get the product in or buy the "original" for 2 bills more. you're budget will answer that question. a group buy on wetsounds products might be possible, but I'd be highly surprised to see a price anywhere near what krypt is. no need for them to really offer one now as they have the market.
Krypt is simply doing what many others do. taking a good design, copying it and selling it for less. the downside is that they most likely do not have the original specs so they find a chinese company to pull it apart and copy it. not an exact science and not ethical, but fills a need. it can take time to pull this off. most likely the first supplier they had folded or went on to other products. they found a new supplier but they haven't cracked the wetsounds code yet.
slow boat to china is a misnomer in today's world. we see our products in around 16-18 days from china to seattle. granted it depends on the port, but I would bet the statement of defects relates to assembly and is accurate.

98outback
05-03-2012, 07:34 PM
I will work on this tomorrow.

dusty2221
05-03-2012, 07:40 PM
You might save yourselves some headache and just contact David at Earmark.

98outback
05-03-2012, 08:08 PM
It looks like there are some interested so I will call him tomorrow and see what he can do for us.

viking
05-03-2012, 11:39 PM
that's a bummer. Glad I jumped on the sale a few months back. Got it in about 4-5 days and at $79 who can argue. At that price who cares :)

jmvotto
05-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Viking I did the same. I did get my ws420 in the low 2's a couple years ago, from. 299 msrp version 2 I believe.

Nobodyrides4Free
05-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Would love a WS420 for the boat instead of Krypt eq. If the price is right Im in. I just think about $$$ spent this year already!
Spider cracks and New swim deck brackets $800 Ouch
Fat Sac $155
Krypt EQ $100
New rim and tire $140
EXile Hippity Hops $70
Blood, sweat and alot of man hours $$$$$

Family, Good friends, and Fun on the lake, ,,,,,,,Priceless....

you da man
05-04-2012, 10:25 AM
All interested members for the WS-420 send me a PM...I've got something going.

wakeupcall
05-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Did anything happen with this group buy? You da man's mailbox is full.

Thanks

E4NASH
05-07-2012, 11:05 PM
I tried to reply to his PM and got the same message. Must be a pretty hot topic right now!

Bbarri2
05-07-2012, 11:40 PM
98Outback and any others in this situation...I was in the exact same boat and happened to call Krypt to check on shipment status the same day they found out there was a defect and it would be 2 months. They gave me the option to wait, or get a refund. I opted for the latter and they immediately let me cancel my order and refunded me the full amount that I had paid. My WS420 is coming in this week...

I by no means am intending to bad mouth krypt...they did great and refunded me immediately, no questions asked...which is my point. I just couldn't wait 2 more months. I hope they get it fixed coming up, and get their product out there. I just wished I had waited to order possibly with y'all on the WS420 group buy. Good luck with getting that too...would be a sweet deal.

you da man
05-08-2012, 12:52 PM
I cleaned my inbox if anyone is interested in the WS420