PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Problem

brinker44
05-02-2012, 10:50 AM
I took the boat out for the first time this year and didn't get to have much fun. After passing the buoys I was able to throttle up, but as soon as I backed off it wouldn't accelerate. The boat would only go idle speed. I shut the boat off and restarted. After doing this I was able to throttle up once again, but could only go idle speed after I backed off. I'm assuming it is something to do with the moomba cruise... The cruise LED stays dimly lit and does not brightly illuminate when I try to turn it on. Has anybody else had this issue?

P.S.- 2007 Outback DD w/ 325FI

mmandley
05-02-2012, 11:43 AM
I have not but i think your on the right track. I think you might want to find the fuse for the cruise, or the harness and unplug it, then try your boating test again. If everything works then you know the cruise is not shutting completly off for some reason.

brinker44
05-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Ok, took the boat out again today and wanted to provide an update. It doesn't seem to be a cruise issue. I unhooked the Moomba Cruise and it was still having the same issue. I am able to start the boat and drive it as I normally would... However, whenever I go back to Neutral, I am only able to idle after that. If I shut the boat off and restart it, I can drive as normal again. Moral of the story is, I only have the issue when I put the throttle back into the neutral position. After that, I can't accelerate unless I restart the boat. ANY help is appreciated!

mmandley
05-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Interesting, honestly it sounds like something in the boats computer. You should see a computer with several connections right on the back of the engine, above the transmission.

csleaver
05-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Maybe check the electric throttle control (thottlemate). If it has loosened up inside, it may not make good contact and won't allow the ECM to control the throttle body motor correctly. It is either integrated into the throttle handle or actuated by a cable and mounted on the engine.