PDA

View Full Version : Old Style Water Bed sacs

98outback
05-02-2012, 08:37 AM
I have an old water bed style fat sac that came in my supra that has separated at one seam about 1/4 inch long. Can this be fixed or should I just trash it. I was going to sale it if it is something somebody could fix. It is the blue water bed style that goes in the zip up bag.

98outback
05-02-2012, 08:39 AM

Salyers
05-02-2012, 08:42 AM
I wouldnt try to repair it. If its possible, upgrade to the fly high sacs! U won't regret it!

sandm
05-02-2012, 08:42 AM
personally, I'd trash it. would not be worth the potential aggrivation of that seam blowing out as you took a roller, all the water spills over the boat/engine and now you have no ballast for the rest of the day on that side.
not worth it to me..

with that being said, I'm sure that some of the contact cement and patch kits you can buy for waterbeds would seam that up and would probably hold for a while.

Nobodyrides4Free
05-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Tried to repair mine, Not Worth the aggrivation like SandM said. Its like impossible to fix. I tried several different adhesives ,NEVER held. So last week I clamped off until my new sac gets here and then another part of the bag started leaking so I trashed it.

Wakemakers still has the discount for us, my new sac will be here today.
Code: MOOMBAOWNERS