PDA

View Full Version : transducer location

Ironcross25
05-01-2012, 10:51 PM
what is a good transducer location? I bought a faria with the transducer that glues to hull. I was thinking of putting it across from the speedo wheel just behind the drain plug

bergermaister
05-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Behind the drain plug? Last time I put one in the instructions said you want nothing in front of it that will possibly cause bubbles or cavitation under the hull (while underway) which will throw off the readings. Stupid little thing but makes all the difference in the world.

mmandley
05-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Yes as Berg said, it needs to be in front of anything that can cause bubbles or water disturbance.

You can place it a few inches behind the speedo wheel, i placed mine directly in front of the speedo wheel.

Ironcross25
05-02-2012, 11:59 AM
I didn't mean right behind te drain plug. Thanks for the input. I think I'll try behind the speedo wheel.

harmsway
05-02-2012, 08:19 PM
I have a DD and placed mine about 6-8" in front of the speedo wheel. Used it all last summer no problems at all. I also used clear automotive silicone to adhere the transducer to the hull, that way if the transducer ever needed to be replaced I would be able remove it without damaging the hull. If you would like I can snap a pic for you.

Ironcross25
05-05-2012, 12:12 AM
got it installed tonight. the worst part was fishing the wire under the dash. I used some extra 14-2 wire and fished that then taped the transducer cable to that and pulled thru. shimmying under the dash was interesting. thanks again for the input guys!