PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to All!

Bbarri2
05-01-2012, 04:41 PM
I recently purchased my first boat, an '08 Moomba Mobius LSV. I immediately began working out little bugs, fixing things, and looking for mods to do...and this messageboard has byfar been one of the best tools I could have asked for. Everything I've wanted to know about my new boat, plus much more I never thought of, I have found here thanks to all of you.

Additionally on my third trip out with the boat, I experience the oh-so-common vapor-lock issue (which I was previously unaware of). I was at a dock/bar with 11 people loaded up ready to go back out on the water...when suddenly the boat won't start. After troubleshooting for 5 minutes I decided it was either too much or too little fuel. On a whim I pulled out my phone and searched here on the forums, and low and behold I immediately have a solution. Cooled the fuel-pump off, started the boat, and off we were.

So thank you to everyone on here for all of the help/information, as well as saving the day for my friends and I on our first vapor-lock experience (plus they thought I was a genius when I found the solution so quickly--thanks to this message board). I hope to give back and start helping others in the future the way you all have helped me.

Sincerely,

Brad

bergermaister
05-01-2012, 04:44 PM
I was at a dock/bar with 11 people loaded up ready to go back out on the water...when suddenly the boat won't start.

Weren't you just a little tempted to go "Alright, everyone get out and push" ?

Welcome aboard - glad to have you here!

kaneboats
05-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Great story! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on the Moomba. Hope you find a home on here.

wolfeman131
05-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Great to have you join us, Brad!

Glad this motley crew could help out.

Now, get some pics posted of your ride!

WaterBullDawg1980
05-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Glad you are part of the family. Have they told you about the initiation? ***oooopsss*** Sorry, I may have spoken out of turn. I'll let Kane, Newty, Berg, Daze, or Drew finish this one..............Just get to your happy place buddy.........

KG's Supra24
05-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Welcome aboard. Pics!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bergermaister
05-02-2012, 12:43 AM
Glad you are part of the family. Have they told you about the initiation? ***oooopsss*** Sorry, I may have spoken out of turn. I'll let Kane, Newty, Berg, Daze, or Drew finish this one..............Just get to your happy place buddy.........

Shut up dude! You're going to scare him off before we even get a chance to, uh..... What was the question again?

KSmith
05-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Welcome to the Moomba clan! Tune in next week to see who gets voted off the island ;-)

patrick232
05-02-2012, 08:21 AM
After we had the issue we started to open the engine cover after running in hot weather. It will let the heat escape before vapor lock can happen. Just wish there was a auto off blower that we could sent once boat is docked.
Hope you enjoy your LSV and welcome to the group

Bbarri2
05-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the welcoming guys....and I was thinking my "initiation" was the vapor-lock issue lol.

kaneboats
05-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Nope. You have to give all of us FREE pictures of your boat.

This might come in handy:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?5629-How-To-Post-full-size-pictures-in-a-thread...

DOCDRS
05-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Congrats on the ride and welcome to the forum