PDA

View Full Version : Swivel Board Racks

mfogt
05-01-2012, 12:05 PM
I have recently purchased a new 2012 LSV. Owned a 2004 LSV since 2010 and was very happy to decided to upgrade. New to the Forum as a member, but have enjoyed the many useful posts to this point.

Question for anyone who might know is what is Skiers Choice doing about the new Swivel Board Racks. When I was looking to order in November, I noticed the Racks can't fully swing inboard to the boat to the fully locked position when on the new Oz tower and actually scratch it while rotating. I saw a Skiers Choice Rep at the local boat show and he said they were aware of the issue and working on it. Took delivery of my 2012 in early April and it still is not corrected so the Dealership put on a pair of Fixed Racks in the Interim. Local dealership(Premier Motor Sports) has been good about saying they will get me the new/corrected racks when they are available, but they are not hearing anything from Skiers Choice. The Swivel Racks are at a value price(compared to other manufacturers) and my wife especially is excited about the function, but we are not hearing anything from Skiers Choice about the fix. Any insight into when the corrected racks will be available or a contact name/# for Skiers Choice would be great.

I do love the new LSV. Just this one issue to correct.

On a side note. I also looked heavily at Mastercrafts when I was looking to upgrade as a majority of my lake community has them, but could not justify the increased price of at least $35,000 for a similar style/featured boat. I have been in and riden both. Mastercraft is great, but so is Moomba, just a little less bling.

wolfeman131
05-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Matt,

Awesome choice! Now, get some pics up before you begin to be unmercifully ridiculed by the rest of us. We love pics of folks boats!

I didn't notice the racks on my 2012 Mojo rotating in so far on the Oz tower that they would scratch it. I'll admit, we only pulled them in 3 or 4 times this past weekend, but I'll try and get to the dealership here in Atlanta and check on this more closely. I'll also zip a note off to SC for both of us and keep you posted.

Thanks.

jmvotto
05-01-2012, 04:42 PM
those racks mad by menace sports only rotate 160 to 170 degrees or so, that sticks that it strached the tower. hopefully it will get fixed soon. mine on the v2 dont hit the tower but the v2 mounts has been around longer... dre will get you the answer.

mfogt
05-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks Wolfeman. Here is a Picture. It was when I first got it and the Speaker location has since moved(can't mount speakers across the forward center bar or they hit the I/P, Glovebox, seat when Oz tower is folded) The Dealership and I both know that now as they had to replace the tower due to the big holes they drilled.

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14075&d=1335905354

Greg C.
05-01-2012, 06:41 PM
I noticed mine hitting a couple weeks ago. I first thought they were mounted too far forward allowing the rack to contact
the tower before reaching the fully stowed position. Looking closer, they are mounted about a far back as possible, any
further and the backing plate on the back side will get into the weld. I would be interested to hear the fix, fortunately we
noticed it with only minor spots on each side and have adjusted by not rotating the rack past 90 degrees.

jmvotto
05-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Here is a pic of mine in towards the boat as far as possible. Pretty big gap.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/jmvotto/IMAG0200-5.jpg

wolfeman131
05-06-2012, 09:44 AM
V2 vs Oz tower there JV. Found the bottom of the plate that holds the forks has made contact with my tower. It's the "point" that is used to hook the bungee.

mfogt
06-04-2012, 12:34 PM
V2 vs Oz tower there JV. Found the bottom of the plate that holds the forks has made contact with my tower. It's the "point" that is used to hook the bungee.

Drew, any word back from Skiers Choice. I heard from my dealer they are changing/revising them for 2013 and that is what they are going to get me, but give a loose "month or so" commitment. They don't seem to be reating very quickly to a problem that is on every boat with OZ Tower and Swivel Racks.

Let me know what you have heard.

Matt

moombadaze
06-04-2012, 01:26 PM
The new boat I was looking at on the showroom floor has the Oz tower with the swivel racks and its allready scratched the tower. Pretty disapointed in that.

wolfeman131
06-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Matt,

I'm taking the boat in tomorrow for the 20 hr service and will inquire again. I'm guessing I hear the same as you, especially if it took any new tooling, etc on the suppliers part. Remember, this isn't GM with thousands of employees (SC or the rack suppplier) and since it isn't a safety issue they have some time available to be diligent and get it properly corrected.

moombadaze
06-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Drew, when Im up your way next month lets pop one of my racks off and see if it would hit when on the Oz tower, we dont have to bolt it down but can just hold it up in place and see.

wolfeman131
06-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I don't think it would as yours are mounted to the tube where the OEM are mounted to one of the horizontal cross bars. I think that had the mounting plate simply been longer, the issue would have been avoided. I could be mistaken in my assessment. Either way, I'm sure a fix is in the works.

kaneboats
06-04-2012, 02:20 PM

Sweet looking MOOMBA!!!!!!!!

06-05-2012, 10:17 AM
I was at the boat show in January or Fenruary and sat in the new Mojo with Rick Tinker himself and we pointed out this problem to him and he personally said that they knew about it and were working on a fix and my buddy's Mojo would not have this issue. He got it a week ago and he does have this issue too.

mfogt
08-02-2012, 03:11 PM
New 2013 Swivel Racks are in and getting placed on my 2012 LSV with Oz Tower today. Can't wait to see them. Will post pics and confirm the hitting issue is gone(assuming it is based on Drew's evaluation of the 2013 LSV he saw in person). My dealer replaced them for free as I had pointed it out prior to even getting the boat. I would recommend anyone with the Oz tower and the original 2012 Swivel Racks see your Dealer quick to get them on board to replace them. Will confirm, but per Drew the the 2013 Racks are nicer than the 2012's beyond the fact they don't hit the tower.

I would also be aware of the old ones making their way to Craigs list and Ebay from Private Sellers and Dealers

-Matt

wolfeman131
08-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Matt,

I think you will be very pleased.

However, I am NOT as I don't have the new ones on my tower yet!

I knew I should have stolen them off that boat in Nashville.

jmvotto
08-02-2012, 04:39 PM
is this a warranty replcement. semms like it was and enginerring error...

wolfeman131
08-02-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm assuming so, but you know what they say about assuming. . .

Greg C.
08-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Drew, have you contacted Atlanta marine about the replacements, if so what was their response?

wolfeman131
08-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Yep, checked in today and Cynde has a call into SC.

Have another Mojo owner on Sinclair that needs theirs, a set for you and mine make 3.

Who else on here bought thru ATL Marine?

C.Hern5972
08-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Well im glad i opened this thread. I am waiting on swivel board racks and i will definately make sure they are the new ones. If not they better warranty the ones i have and get me the new design. Ill be calling the dealer today.

C.Hern5972
08-03-2012, 06:54 AM
Thanks Wolfeman. Here is a Picture. It was when I first got it and the Speaker location has since moved(can't mount speakers across the forward center bar or they hit the I/P, Glovebox, seat when Oz tower is folded) The Dealership and I both know that now as they had to replace the tower due to the big holes they drilled.

beautiful boat

wolfeman131
08-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Well im glad i opened this thread. I am waiting on swivel board racks and i will definately make sure they are the new ones. If not they better warranty the ones i have and get me the new design. Ill be calling the dealer today.

check out my pics in the 2013 LSV thread. The new ones have a pull up knob vs a removable pin to rotate. Easy to spot. If they have the old ones on your boat, remove them immediately and have them put fixed racks onuntil they can delvier the new ones for you.

Greg C.
08-03-2012, 04:25 PM
check out my pics in the 2013 LSV thread. The new ones have a pull up knob vs a removable pin to rotate. Easy to spot. If they have the old ones on your boat, remove them immediately and have them put fixed racks onuntil they can delvier the new ones for you.

For some reason I only get red X's instead of the pictures, any ideas.

Brompton
08-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi All,

I am new to Moomba, inboards (v drives) and have a new 2012 LSV also with the scratchy swivel racks. I am following this thread with interest. Is it general consensus that they should be a warranty replacement?

Will post pix of new boat once tower speakers and sub are installed.

Good to join the gang-

Andy

mfogt
08-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Sorry for the delay to all in posting. Did get the new 2013 racks. I am glad to confirm in fact that they do not touch the tower(unless you pull the pin when in the inboard position and force it to the tower, but at that point it would be your own fault). They do stop automatically at the full open and full in positions by the return pin. Couple of things to note about them.
1. There are a ton of set screws that make them up. I had to tighten many of the screws so they did not rattle. Now that I did, they seem pretty rigid.
2. I also added a bit of lubricant to the pull pin and swivel to aid in there function and make them smoother.
3. They do add overall height to your boat when the tower is folded as they sit more rearward in the boat. Made for a very tight fit under my garage trim and they have to be folded in. 8ft Garage door probably would be too tight.
4. Not a big fan of the Bungee Strap attachment when wrapped around the boards. A bit akward to fully secure.

Thought I would close out my original issue. In General, I like them a lot. Swivel Racks help a ton, not only to load/unload boards, but when docking to a tall dock or tall posts, it allows you to get you Racks/Boards out of the way.

Any other questions about the 2013 Racks, let me know.

Matt