PDA

View Full Version : Mojo price

vkkovach
04-26-2012, 08:33 PM
I know I'm treading on thin ice,BUT! I have a question for those who have purchased a new mojo.How much did you pay and what options? The reason I ask is because I was going to trade in my 07 mobius LSV and upgrade to the Mojo. Don't get me wrong I love my Moomba,but I can get a loaded MB 23' with the 6.0 engine or a left over 2011 Malibu LSV from my local dealers for the same price quoted on the Mojo. The MB and Malibu have what seems like a more refined interior and even some more options than the Moomba. What am I missing? Thanks for your help!

wolfeman131
04-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. When I saw MB at the Dallas show and Malibu at the Atlanta show, neither of their prices included a trailer. The Mojo comes with a dual axle Boatmate as standard equipment.

In relation to the MB, freight may be playing a factor. My bet is that it costs more to ship a Moomba out from TN than up the CA coast. With the LSV, I caution you to think hard about how long you will have the boat. It may seem like a great deal vs the 2012's today, but no matter how nice you keep the boat, when you go to sell it the NADA is for a 2011 vs a 2012. That can easily cost you more than you save upfront.

I don't think it's fair to the dealers to tell you what I paid. I took advantage of the boat show deals, it's my 2nd boat purchased from them, I've referred a few folks, etc. I can tell you that I chose most of the available options including the 345 hp motor and my OTD price was still thousands less than a MB B52 with a trailer.

wolfeman131
04-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Oh, and it may not matter to you, but MB boats are not NMMA certified due to the fact they have no flotation foam b/c that's the void they use to flood the boat. It saves cost not having the foam or certification.

Greg C.
04-26-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm not going to share what I paid for my mojo but I too was quoted a 2011 wake setter with about 100 hours on it. I paid much less for my new mojo. The wake setter is more refined, more options, but the mojo fit our family much better. I do not like the wedge on the wakesetter. Our options include gravity III ballast, oz tower, zero off gps speed control, 330
horse indmar, underwater lights, depth meter. We really liked the supra and would have bought one had SC offered snap
in/out carpet in the supra. That was the one must for the practical one in our family. We have just over 20 hours on our
mojo and have had a blast. We are still learning but so far, no complaints. We were also much more comfortable with the moomba dealer than the others we visited.

viking
04-26-2012, 09:07 PM
If the malibu comes with the trailer and equally equipped for the same price - I'd go that route personally. 2011 or 2012 in my mind wouldn't make a hell of beans difference as I'd keep it long enough to wash that issue out. I love my boat too and probably stay with Moomba if it wasn't for local dealer issues. I've always been a fan of SC products and the price point of Moomba's is a major factor for me. But between the 2, no thinking twice about it.
Hard to believe the price's would be that close though??

Mobius22
04-26-2012, 09:14 PM
I would definitely heed Wolf's advice on the MB. Everytime I looked at one they would have a price on the back that didn't include a trailer. I just thought it was kinda shady and turned me off from them. I would definitely drive them all first before you make a decision. You won't get a feel for how good the Mojo is until you drive it. It's a great boat.

Salyers
04-26-2012, 09:15 PM
All I will say is I got a great deal and I could not have come close to affording a 2012 LSV23 wakesetter or a 23'MB(2012) Price was way off. Fit and finish in the Mojo, in my opinion, is the best yet in the moomba line. It is not that far off from the MB's or the Malibu. Not there but it's not worth the difference in price for me atleast. Plus I don't have an MB dealer close enough but even if I did would have still done the some thing. Remember the mojo is pretty much 23'. Just 6 inches off.

lsvboombox
04-26-2012, 09:18 PM
If no one is willing to help on the price they paid for a mojo then you should go with the mb or malibu. I'd be happy to help you with pricing had i bought one. Unfortunately all my local boat dealers are rip off artist and i find it cheaper to by a new boat elsewhere and have it shipped. Still cheaper than my local dealers.

Greg C.
04-26-2012, 09:18 PM
If its bells and whistles you want, the Malibu certainly has them. But if you want a great boat and save a lot of cash, the
Mojo is the way to go.

viking
04-26-2012, 09:19 PM
If no one is willing to help on the price they paid for a mojo then you should go with the mb or malibu. I'd be happy to help you with pricing had i bought one. Unfortunately all my local boat dealers are rip off artist and i find it cheaper to by a new boat elsewhere and have it shipped. Still cheaper than my local dealers.
Amen brotha - same around here.

If its bells and whistles you want, the Malibu certainly has them. But if you want a great boat and save a lot of cash, the
Mojo is the way to go.
I think the OP said that price was extremely similar. Again, I find that hard to believe? But if it's true...........that why I say Malibu.

lsvboombox
04-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Amen brotha - same around here.

I think the OP said that price was extremely similar. Again, I find that hard to believe? But if it's true...........that why I say Malibu.

Im surprised at the lack of help on price. I can see wolfs pov as he represents the company in some ways but everyone else help the dude out. Send him a pm with prices. The guys asking for help hook em up

Greg C.
04-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Agreed, but the difference between the two here was not even in the same area code. Even the difference between the
Malibu and the Supra was substantial and as I said, we were quoted a 100 hour, 2011 Malibu.

jpetty3023
04-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Dang dudes, I been tryin to negotiate with my dealer to on a mojo but we're a bit off when it comes to my trade in. I would also like to know what the going price is. I also understand wolfeys position being a semi-pro REP for his local dealer but C'MON man, inquiring minds wanna know bro(s)

Sent from my iPhone's cooler than your droid utilizing Tapatalk

jmvotto
04-26-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm not going to share what I paid for my mojo but I too was quoted a 2011 wake setter with about 100 hours on it. I paid much less for my new mojo. The wake setter is more refined, more options, but the mojo fit our family much better. I do not like the wedge on the wakesetter. Our options include gravity III ballast, oz tower, zero off gps speed control, 330
horse indmar, underwater lights, depth meter. We really liked the supra and would have bought one had SC offered snap
in/out carpet in the supra. That was the one must for the practical one in our family. We have just over 20 hours on our
mojo and have had a blast. We are still learning but so far, no complaints. We were also much more comfortable with the moomba dealer than the others we visited.

Underwater lights was an option. My 2012 xlv it was not an option. Hmmnn , what lights did you get with the factory option?

I went with two visions blue floods..ala newty dealer installed.

Greg C.
04-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Not sure what the factory option was, I tried to add them but it was too late. They were installed at the dealer. We went withe white.

maxpower220
04-26-2012, 09:57 PM
When looking into a boat purchase, I think about the cost to purchase, then to maintain (which should be equal amoung inboards), and then resell. I like my Outback just fine, but the first time I looked at Moomba (in the late 90's), I thought they were junk. If you cruise the different forums, you will find many people who have that same opinion ( and not just MC/CC folks). For me, the Outback was $18-25K less up front. Any loss of resell in the rear can't be that much. If the up front cost was the same, I would be in a different boat now.

jmvotto
04-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Not sure what the factory option was, I tried to add them but it was too late. They were installed at the dealer. We went withe white.

Gotcha, supra has them as an option , I thought Moomba was aftermarket only. Can't wait to see it got lots of great options. Agreed on the 345 surf engine, can't wait. I have to 750's and the 1180 in the center. Then the factory bags to play with... Come on summer..

vkkovach
04-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Ok thanks for the help so far. I think maybe a few more details on my end might help with my questions. The local Malibu dealer dropped MB last year and picked up Moomba this year.The Mastercraft dealer picked up MB. They quoted me 60k for the Malibu its a 2011 with 12hrs of course no choice of colors/options but it has almost everything. The MB is a 2012 for 62k including trailer.It's on the lot again no choice of color(can't order one,their production is sold out for the year) etc. it has the 6.0 engine that is a nice selling point for me. I do like the Mojo but I honestly feel the interior is nicer in my LSV,anyways they quoted me 59k for the mojo with the standard tower,snap out carpet,surf platform,apperance package,no swivel racks,no engine upgrade etc. Now I know there is some room in that price as there is in all of the boats,so whats really a better deal?
Thanks again!

Greg C.
04-26-2012, 10:07 PM
60k is a good number compared to what I was quoted. Your Mojo # is way off.

lsvboombox
04-26-2012, 10:09 PM
your mojo # is way off.

Ding ding ding

this is why he is asking for help

Someone useful will help the guy out.

jmvotto
04-26-2012, 10:12 PM
When looking into a boat purchase, I think about the cost to purchase, then to maintain (which should be equal amoung inboards), and then resell. I like my Outback just fine, but the first time I looked at Moomba (in the late 90's), I thought they were junk. If you cruise the different forums, you will find many people who have that same opinion ( and not just MC/CC folks). For me, the Outback was $18-25K less up front. Any loss of resell in the rear can't be that much. If the up front cost was the same, I would be in a different boat now.

I would agree if they we apples to apples on cost, but I don't believe they are. Last year looked at a nautique 230 and for that 2011 OTD was 86k list was 102k if I remember. My new loaded to the hilt 2012 xlv 23 ft Moomba was 20k plus less and a year newer. So I think the story is the same as when you bought your 08 outback.

The new mojo is high 50's low 60's the new g3 is 107k...

Mobius22
04-26-2012, 10:18 PM

And that's without upgrading the engine which is a must on that thing or adding other options. I've heard most are going 120-130K right now which is just crazy. I will take a loaded Mojo and a Ford Raptor over that anyday.

dusty2221
04-26-2012, 10:20 PM
I may have missed it, which model MB?

jmvotto
04-26-2012, 10:24 PM
I may have missed it, which model MB?

I would assume the b52 23 it's msrp w/o trailer options freight and prep is 65 k and the f 23 is 75k msrp same deal.

Greg C.
04-26-2012, 10:28 PM
He has my contact info and I am happy to help him, but what I paid for my boat will not be shared on this forum. Call me old fashion but I don't share such info with anyone in any setting.

RickT
04-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Vk

I have contacted our sales mgr for the west region. He is going to reach out to the dealer and see if we can move this toward a mojo as best we can. Need a mojo in southern calf!!

Rick

KG's Supra24
04-26-2012, 10:38 PM
If those are the real prices and you like the colors all the same it would be an easy decision for me ... Bu all day

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

lsvboombox
04-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Vk

I have contacted our sales mgr for the west region. He is going to reach out to the dealer and see if we can move this toward a mojo as best we can. Need a mojo in southern calf!!

Rick

26 posts and finally something useful...

KG's Supra24
04-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Agreed.

That's impressive Rick. Nice work from the skiers community, and that's why many chose moomba/supra (aside from proven boats of course)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jpetty3023
04-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Way to step in and get the ball rolling for a prospective family member Mr. T

vkkovach
04-26-2012, 11:49 PM
The MB is the b52, call me boring but I don't like the pickle fork boats that are so popular right now.
I have to say thanks to everyone for their help! My concern with the "bu" is the long term reliability of the electronics.
The MB is a really nice boat but I have been pleased with my moomba.
P.S. who wants to buy a 07 möbius lsv 156 hrs and clean as the day I brought it home!

E4NASH
04-27-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm going to chime in here. I was shopping MB REALLY hard before I picked up our most recent Moomba. Wolfeman can attest to my thoughts on MB. Had we waited a year I probably would've gone MB but I stumbled upon my 2011 LSV that is basically brand new with the exact color combo and options that I would've ordered if I was ordering a new boat. I also found this boat for MUCH leas than I wouldve paid for the MB. I was quoted around $55,000 OTD for a '12 B52 21 loaded up incl a tandem axel boatmate trailer semi tricked out. To me, in this price point, there is no better bang for your buck then the MB. Fit and finish, standard features...just sit in one they are amazing.

As far as delivery fees go If you don't live on the West Coast they can stick you with it because it costs about, I think a dealer told me 3,000 to ship the boats across the, country. So they try and get them shipped with multiple orders to keep that cost down. One boat or five the cost is the same. So splitting it with 5 is better than just taking it all yourself.

When we finally got around to pull the trigger on the MB I was told that they were completely sold out of their production run for 2012. Earliest I would've been able to get in an ordered boat would've been mid July and there were going to be some changes in '13 that the dealer couldn't tell me for sure what they were yet so we decided to wait. Then I found our Moomba and the rest is history. Everything happens for a reason and I love our LSV. It is the perfect boat for us and we'll have it for a long time this go around. I Hope this helps and I hope I didn't ruffle up any of my fellow Moomba brethren...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you da man
04-27-2012, 12:37 AM
My friend pickup a 2012 MB 23 Widebody with 20hrs loaded with Wetsounds tower speakers (MB come with standard Wetsounds cabin speakers), speaker LEDs, transome LEDs, and standard engine with trailer for $51k as dealer demo. Texas Mastercraft has all 2012 MB 23 Widebody boats WITH trailer for $64k (only 1 left but they did have 4 at this price as I was looking and test drove). The 2012 MB 23 Widebody can be found all day for $64-$65k with trailers, a few leftover 2011's can be found in the high $50's. Plus as standard the trailers are tandem axle with 18" wheels and 18" spare. I rode in my friend's 2012 MB 23 twice now and it feels like your in a Malibu 247 with cabin space BUT MB sacrifices sun pad space...a lot of it. Stock wakeboard wake is huge, stock ballast goofy surf wake is huge and clean, stock regular surf wake is kind of hard to dial so far for my friend and appears to need some serious weight.

I saw a Mojo in person finally and it looks great and better in person vs. online/pics. I like that the Mojo looks substantial compared to the LSV (just looks beefier and solid). I'd really love to demo one in the future and look forward to Wolfman posting up pics/vids of his surf wakes once he gets his broke in and dialed in. I have not sat inside nor riden in a Mojo so I cannot give my experiences other than I like what Moomba/SC has done with this new model in it's first year. I'm sure in the next year or so more tweaks may come of this model and it will be in the Moomba line-up for years to come.

Malibu dealer near me has a new leftover 2011 VLX for $71k but my friend that works the parts and service counter that's even negociable.

Here's my friend's wife on their 2012 23 B52. Stock ballast driver and me as passenger and semi-choppy water.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/seeajgo/1fb99267-1.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/seeajgo/18056be7-1.jpg

skiyaker
04-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Glad to see Rick is stepping in- hopefully you can get the boat you want at a fair price. The SC protected territory system can make it tough on the customer to stick the a SC product if negotiations don't go well with your local dealer.

sandm
04-27-2012, 09:23 AM
couple notes here. my dealer here was horsepoop when I bought my boat. the salesman I dealt with when looking at a new lsv was horrid and I passed on the deal. I called the skiers dealer in spokane and told them the whole story. Brad was more than happy to sell me my supra even though we have a dealer here locally. don't know if it made a difference that my boat was a demo, but was sold as "brand new". I get protected territories, but that has the potential to make your dealer lazy. fortunately idahowatersports has turned that old sales staff and has a group now that seem to care about the customer. a fantastic sales manager....

on the mb, we have a dealer here that just picked up that line. they are selling any model, any make for $53999 otd including trailer.
http://boise.craigslist.org/bod/2980381791.html
http://boise.craigslist.org/bod/2891272588.html
not completely loaded, but a great start. really all that's missing are the tower speakers and wakeplate. the larger engine would be nice, but really not needed if the boat is propped right. seeing them in the mid60's seems high. The dealer here had one mojo at the boat show. somewhat loaded, but stock motor. it was in the mid50's, comparable to the mb's.

you da man
04-27-2012, 11:37 AM
couple notes here. my dealer here was horsepoop when I bought my boat. the salesman I dealt with when looking at a new lsv was horrid and I passed on the deal. I called the skiers dealer in spokane and told them the whole story. Brad was more than happy to sell me my supra even though we have a dealer here locally. don't know if it made a difference that my boat was a demo, but was sold as "brand new". I get protected territories, but that has the potential to make your dealer lazy. fortunately idahowatersports has turned that old sales staff and has a group now that seem to care about the customer. a fantastic sales manager....

on the mb, we have a dealer here that just picked up that line. they are selling any model, any make for $53999 otd including trailer.
http://boise.craigslist.org/bod/2980381791.html
http://boise.craigslist.org/bod/2891272588.html
not completely loaded, but a great start. really all that's missing are the tower speakers and wakeplate. the larger engine would be nice, but really not needed if the boat is propped right. seeing them in the mid60's seems high. The dealer here had one mojo at the boat show. somewhat loaded, but stock motor. it was in the mid50's, comparable to the mb's.

Decent price for those MB's for the 21 footers, price seems to jump when it comes to their 23' boats. The 343 engine standard and plenty

sandm
04-27-2012, 12:01 PM
they had a 23ft b52v23 in stock early in the year that was marked at the same price. it sold quickly tho. there was a 2011 leftover 23tomkat that sold for $52999-ugly powder blue color tho... they are only ordering 21ft there now as they are waiting for the 24ft coming out from what I understand.
I believe that you can walk out the door at under 52 for any of the 21ft they have.

vkkovach
04-27-2012, 12:31 PM
I agree with the dealer issue! My local dealer just picked up Moomba this year and when they found out I didn't want a brand new Wakesetter or an Axis<---------Yuck! Their interest in my business decreased. This is a bummer because they are within 5 min. of my house! I don't really want to buy a boat out of state and try to get an uninterested dealer to service it. To everyone who sent a P.M.and Rick,Thanks soo much! I'm going to see the MB again tomorrow with my wife while I wait for a call back from the Moomba dealer.
Dear SC my email is my screen name @ yahoo.com

sandm
04-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Good luck. Either boat would be a very nice ride. I think you will find a much stronger support network with skiers tho :)

skiyaker
04-27-2012, 03:35 PM
vkkovach there's a pretty good chance that if you tried to buy a new Moomba from a dealer out of state they wouldn't sell it to you when they figured out you live outside their territory. So if you can't get a decent deal out of your local dealer or if you find a boat you want from another dealer but the two dealers can't cooperate you're SOL. I'm not here to tell a boat company how to run their business, but I'm know this policy cost them at least one sale last winter.

mmandley
04-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Ive spent some time talking to some insider people on the Malibu, i wouldnt buy one myself. Up till the last year i was pretty sold on Malibu even though i tend to not like most of the people who own them. Same as MC but thats kinda here nor there.

I hear the craftsmanship and quility standard is really dropping in the Malibu line. Basically they spent all these years building the brand and now that they have a great rep, and such they are doing all these cut backs to make even more profit and who really pays that price. The consumer.

Im not saying Malibu stinks, im just saying the people i spoke to who worked on the sinde said, dont waste your money.

I have always like MB and wasnt aware they didnt have the same certifications as other major boat brands. I also wasnt aware they dont have foam fill in the hull.

This is one reason i dont worry about running the ballast i run, i think in the MB id be much more aware to not over weight the boat.

maxpower220
04-27-2012, 08:25 PM
I would agree if they we apples to apples on cost, but I don't believe they are. Last year looked at a nautique 230 and for that 2011 OTD was 86k list was 102k if I remember. My new loaded to the hilt 2012 xlv 23 ft Moomba was 20k plus less and a year newer. So I think the story is the same as when you bought your 08 outback.

Specifically, my previous 2 boats were MasterCraft and the one before that was a Malibu. I sold my MC prior to a year tour in Iraq. While there, I did plenty of research. On leave in the states, I went to the MC, CC, Bu, Centurion, and Moomba dealers. I had cash, a budget, a very specific set of features that I wanted, and a desire to wrap up a boat order/purchase. I really wanted a 197 (and still do). With an "apples to apples" feature, the 197 stickered in the $54 range, with an OTD range of $48K. Never got serious for a CC 206 due to the MSRP range in teh $60K. I didn't really warm up to the Centurion, but it was in the same price range as the Moomba. I told the MC dealer I would spend $40K on a 197, he showed me a used 2004 with 600 hours.

vkkovach
04-27-2012, 08:31 PM
As an update I have been contacted by representatives from oth skiers choice and the local moomba dealer. That says
Something to me that they are willing to take time to help. I have some free time tomorrow so I will see if I can work out the details.
Thanks
Vic

jpetty3023
04-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Good deal VK, hope it all works out for ya kid

viking
04-27-2012, 11:08 PM
keep us posted.............

jmvotto
04-28-2012, 06:45 AM
Hope it all works out for you. Join the sc club you won't regret it....

lsvboombox
04-28-2012, 10:46 AM
My friend pickup a 2012 MB 23 Widebody with 20hrs loaded with Wetsounds tower speakers (MB come with standard Wetsounds cabin speakers), speaker LEDs, transome LEDs, and standard engine with trailer for $51k as dealer demo. Texas Mastercraft has all 2012 MB 23 Widebody boats WITH trailer for $64k (only 1 left but they did have 4 at this price as I was looking and test drove). The 2012 MB 23 Widebody can be found all day for $64-$65k with trailers, a few leftover 2011's can be found in the high $50's. Plus as standard the trailers are tandem axle with 18" wheels and 18" spare. I rode in my friend's 2012 MB 23 twice now and it feels like your in a Malibu 247 with cabin space BUT MB sacrifices sun pad space...a lot of it. Stock wakeboard wake is huge, stock ballast goofy surf wake is huge and clean, stock regular surf wake is kind of hard to dial so far for my friend and appears to need some serious weight.

I saw a Mojo in person finally and it looks great and better in person vs. online/pics. I like that the Mojo looks substantial compared to the LSV (just looks beefier and solid). I'd really love to demo one in the future and look forward to Wolfman posting up pics/vids of his surf wakes once he gets his broke in and dialed in. I have not sat inside nor riden in a Mojo so I cannot give my experiences other than I like what Moomba/SC has done with this new model in it's first year. I'm sure in the next year or so more tweaks may come of this model and it will be in the Moomba line-up for years to come.

Malibu dealer near me has a new leftover 2011 VLX for $71k but my friend that works the parts and service counter that's even negociable.

Here's my friend's wife on their 2012 23 B52. Stock ballast driver and me as passenger and semi-choppy water.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/seeajgo/1fb99267-1.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/seeajgo/18056be7-1.jpg

That's a really nIce wave

lsvboombox
04-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Glad to see Rick is stepping in- hopefully you can get the boat you want at a fair price. The SC protected territory system can make it tough on the customer to stick the a SC product if negotiations don't go well with your local dealer.

Luckily i havent had a problem yet but if i am left to deal with my local dealer it will be the end of my relations with SC.

viking
04-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Luckily i havent had a problem yet but if i am left to deal with my local dealer it will be the end of my relations with SC.

You and me are in "the same boat"

jmvotto
04-28-2012, 08:03 PM
My local dealer is great... Just got my new xlv today

jpetty3023
04-28-2012, 08:20 PM
JM, you know we need pics pics pics

KSmith
04-28-2012, 08:20 PM
My local dealer is great... Just got my new xlv today

Most excellent and bring on the pictures!

jmvotto
04-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Most excellent and bring on the pictures!
Over in the new ride thread.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?17509-The-new-Ride&highlight=ride

Don't want to hijack the mojo. Lol