PDA

View Full Version : Any Northerners on the water yet?

iwaterskihard
04-26-2012, 07:44 PM
So.........here I am just south of Edmonton and I wanted to haul the boat out and going waterskiing tomorrow for the first time this year. Well had two slaps....one from mother nature as weather SUCKS and one from my wife who said there is NO WAY she was going to put on a winter jacket and mitts just to haul my sorry a** around a lake for 1/2 hour while she probably catches a cold from wind chill.

Well I was shocked! Not at mother nature but at my wife..........WTH this coming from the same girl who willingly gets up in the summer to yard my a** around a lake at 6 in the morning. SO I had to confront her with that exact reality. And she told me she would if she could afford to be sick and still get to work. But when you work with seniors and other who can't be exposed to your sickness's no matter how small they seem to us I had to accept! At least she's still willing to get up early in the morning for me! :d

Just wondering if anyone else up north is on the water yet? I know my dad called me to tell me he has seen skier's in teh Okanagan already!!!!

viking
04-26-2012, 09:15 PM
The weather here was nice enough over the last few weeks to get out. Hit 85 a couple days. Problem is it hits mid week, been slammed at work and can't take time off, and even if I could I'd be hard pressed to find somebody to go this early given water temps. Wife wouldn't for sure as we have 3 kiddo's with 2 in school.
I need a neighbor to move in next door who has the same obsession :)

Mikey
04-26-2012, 09:41 PM
I'd love to go as well ,but my usuall lake is an irrigation lake(controlled so likely is not full yet). I've definetely got the itch to get out. In the mean time my boat is getting final stereo and battery upgrades done as i wait.Then Dewinterize ,clean shine and ready to go. Must be really killin you ,to get out and try the new Ski?

As for wife driving in coat etc,my wife has become very fairweather as well,luckily i have a couple friends with the itch as well,but reminds me of the evening we took purchase and watertested out boat. It was nearly a full on blizzard,but we went anyways... Dealer was swamped and said if we waited it might be 2 weeks to get a reschedule so out we went and the rest is MOOMBA history.

jmvotto
04-26-2012, 09:49 PM
This Saturday, our6 inch snow fall gave us enough water in the canal to safely get the boat to the hoist. Then I can do the break in on those 80 plus days . Yippee. Can't wait to hear new system.

Grant M
04-26-2012, 10:13 PM
No not even close up here, sadly I haven't even dragged the boat out of storage yet. Hopefully soon though!

BensonWdby
04-26-2012, 11:36 PM
My dock has been in the water since March 20 in Western Wisconsin. But the boat is still dry-docked. We are anticipating 29 and snow on Saturday so glad to not have de-winterized yet.

rsinger
04-26-2012, 11:49 PM
I was hoping for this weekend, but I still got some work to do on the boat. Putting the drivers seat back in being one of them. And I got to get started replacing a section of fence. Maybe I'll make the May pictures thread.

zabooda
04-27-2012, 12:29 AM
The temperatures got into the low 90s earlier in the week but I spent the last three days plucking people out of the water with hypothermia with Dive Rescue. We recovered a stolen SUV this morning and the air was 66 degrees at 2AM so summer is in the air. I don't get my boat out until mid June or July.

rdlangston13
04-27-2012, 08:50 AM
I don't get my boat out until mid June or July.

why even have a boat then?? my season got delayed to march due to being out of the country...

KRAK
04-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Well this is what I woke up to......
Probably not gonna get the boat out of the garage this weekend either :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryan_8099
04-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Can't you just hit the easy button to get rid of that?

Oh that's not how it works? :-|

Well this is what I woke up to......
Probably not gonna get the boat out of the garage this weekend either :(

KRAK
04-27-2012, 10:23 AM
I tried that. Didn't work. The batteries must be getting old.

bergermaister
04-27-2012, 10:37 AM
why even have a boat then?? my season got delayed to march due to being out of the country...

Another reminder how fortunate you are being in the lower/warmer states. Personally I'll take what I can get. I recall being on the river in May with 80 degree air and water that was tolerable without a wetsuit but that was 5+ years ago. We haven't had an early summer like that for a while but we keep praying for one.

My old MobV hasn't touched the water before the last weekend in June for 3 years in a row now.

zabooda
04-27-2012, 03:47 PM
I don't get on the water with my boat here locally until July as the water is too cold but I can travel an hour or two and go from 60 degree water here to over 70 degree water. I also have a job that I have about 7 weeks of vacation so I start taking every other week off in July and August and head out with the boat. I ski locally by mid-August through September and by the end of the summer I am really burnt out on boating.

WaterNoob
04-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Beautiful boat Krak....That is the exact color scheme I am going to look for when I am in the market next year. Simply go juss.

KRAK
04-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Thanks Noob. I love the colors too. Better pics to come, if it ever stops snowing

iwaterskihard
04-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Where do you do most of your playing on the water at Krak? Is this your first season with that boat?

Grant I'm shocked - not even out of storage yet? You were one of the earlier dudes last year?

This week really hosed me as I'm on the road now for the next couple weeks. Oh well a couple chances to get behind mine on my new ski before we hit Kal Lake in late May for 4 days! :D

KRAK
04-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Where do you do most of your playing on the water at Krak? Is this your first season with that boat?

We really like Long Island Lake north of Westlock or Devil's by Onaway. You?
I put 2hrs on it on Thanksgiving last fall when we picked her up before putting her in the garage. It's our second boat.

viking
04-27-2012, 11:05 PM
KRAK,
Nice boat. That netting on your trailer to protect the boat...........Where would I find one?
I've seen custom made ones around here for river boats but they snap on to the rubrail and not really keen on that idea. And some trailers have aluminium shields like snowmobile trailers. But never seen that before. I'm interested!!

Thanks much!!

KRAK
04-28-2012, 10:08 AM
KRAK,
Nice boat. That netting on your trailer to protect the boat...........Where would I find one?
I've seen custom made ones around here for river boats but they snap on to the rubrail and not really keen on that idea. And some trailers have aluminium shields like snowmobile trailers. But never seen that before. I'm interested!!

Thanks much!!

Thanks Viking. I love your amp rack! Looks slick.
The netting was on the trailer when I bought it. This is the only tag I can find. Their on the web.

viking
04-28-2012, 11:48 AM
THANKS! on both accounts. I'll check them out.

iwaterskihard
04-29-2012, 10:51 PM
We ski Mon - Thurs evenings at Wizard Lake as we only live 15 mins from the lake. It's just too small and too stupid out there on the weekends when the water warms up. Other than that we do the Alberta B train and haul our 5th wheel and boat away for weekends. Would love to go to Long Island Lake but we have never been able to get a spot in the campground up there. Assume it must be quite nice as it's so difficult to get a spot.

We spend LOTS of time in Sask up in Meadow Lake Provincial Park. Love the lakes up there and the park is awesome! I think this year we are going to try and scout some of the lakes out up by Athabasca as there seems to be some nice spots?

We're skiers so we like lakes that are flat obviously and not too busy! Something that Wizard doesn't often offer? But we make the best of it.

Hope to see you out on the water sometime?