PDA

View Full Version : New rides for the pros

wolfeman131
04-25-2012, 02:24 PM
So, by now most probably know Chase Hazen was signed to be a team rider for Tige boats. Unbelieveable that the kid didn't have a boat sponsor prior to that. I think most, including myself, figured he was with Centurion but I think that was more related to Shred Stixx relationship with them.

He is also moving to a new board. Rumor is a Liquid Force produced product. Should see it debuted soon at the West Coast Wakesurf Open. Can't wait to see what he brings to the table with this board as he has a ton of ocean surfing experience.

Also, in the video I posted of Keenan Flegel, he's riding a surf style board during part of it. I'm guessing we will see a big announcement from Inland Surfer, too.

Oh, this new stuff just creates a burning hole in my pocket! Dang it!

you da man
04-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Drew, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the rumor that Chase went with Tige is because he's also going the route of teaching a surf school and that Tige's Z3 reportedly has a great wake on both sides whereas Centurion is known for having only one great wake (regular) unless the boat has RH rotation for a great goofy wake? That new LF board must be a rocket if it can boost him as high (or near as high) as his former Shred Stixx boards. Would love to see the shape and fin setup

wolfeman131
04-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Chase has stated in some interviews that he really enjoys teaching, but I dont know if that is directly tied to Tige as he has mentioned some overseas locations where he will be this summer.

Yeah, I can't wait to see the board he comes up with. Will it be a quad, twin, thruster, 5 fin box setup so you can set the board up different ways? Time will tell.

sandm
04-26-2012, 08:22 AM
I would think if he's smart, he'll open a teaching school somewhere. although the perks of being a sponsored rider are many, once you are no longer at the top of the sport, a fallback is nice to have and with his notariety right now, opening a school and getting it established while he's in the limelight will pay him for years to come..

wolfeman131
04-26-2012, 09:58 AM
He's smart. Kid is back in business school in San Diego before the season starts up.