PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Service

05moombalsv
04-23-2012, 02:12 PM
I just hit 25hrs on my 2011 LSV, I wanted to know when should I take it in to get serviced? I herd mixed answers on this topic, just wanted to see what is everyones thoughts.

wolfeman131
04-23-2012, 02:37 PM
I took my OBV in around 20 and plan to do the same with the Mojo. I call ahead and tell the dealer day and time I will be there so they have me on the schedule and I can wait on the boat if there isn't anything major wrong. By the time I'm done drooling over the boats on the lot, they have me hooked back up and I'm on my way. The owners manual states to do this, so I do it just in case . . .

bzubke1
04-23-2012, 03:23 PM
I think the owners manual says to have the first service/checkup done between 10-20 hours.

wolfeman131
04-23-2012, 04:19 PM
I think the owners manual says to have the first service/checkup done between 10-20 hours.

You are correct, Sir! I know b/c I'm reading in now on the plane.

DOCDRS
04-23-2012, 04:50 PM
You need to have your oil and filter changed , the other fluids checked, the hoses checked, THE ALIGNMENT CHECKED, and a few other things.

wolfeman131
04-23-2012, 04:59 PM
I waited until around 20 on the OBV to see if any cosmetic issues arose. Had 2 small ones that Atlanta Marine quickly took care of without hesitation.

05moombalsv
04-30-2012, 06:49 PM
I dropped her off and hoping nothing is bad wrong with my steering either, it pulls really bad to the right when you let go of the steering wheel.

wolfeman131
04-30-2012, 09:25 PM
They all do that. I think it's due to the prop rotation and the wash going past the rudder.

05moombalsv
05-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Well I dropped my boat off last Tuesday to get it serviced and to change out my dash lights while they had it. Well I just received a email from the dealer telling me its ready but the lights did not fit that they ordered. They had my boat for 10 days, 10 days to service my boat? Is this normal? Well I told them to send the lights back and I will do it myself, how hard is it to change out a freakin bulb?

jpetty3023
05-04-2012, 11:18 AM
10 days seems a tad long but with that being said, this is the busiest time of the year for the service dept. think of all the boat owners getting service done. I've got a pretty sweet set up with my dealer in that I call ahead and schedule the routine service on such and such day, they have enough notice and I do a "in and out" service. Drop it off when they open, go mess around in austin, then pick it up few hours later and head home. Check with you guy and see if they can accommodate you similar to that next time.

Sent from my home phone..

kaneboats
05-04-2012, 11:39 AM
I'd be tempted to stay overnight in Austin and go check out some music.

wolfeman131
05-04-2012, 11:47 AM
10 days seems a tad long but with that being said, this is the busiest time of the year for the service dept. think of all the boat owners getting service done. I've got a pretty sweet set up with my dealer in that I call ahead and schedule the routine service on such and such day, they have enough notice and I do a "in and out" service. Drop it off when they open, go mess around in austin, then pick it up few hours later and head home. Check with you guy and see if they can accommodate you similar to that next time.

Do the same here in the ATL. I like it, they like it, so everybody is happy. When you just show up, you get in line and normally it's at the back.

Unless you're jpetty, then you get white glove service at the front of the line.

05moombalsv
05-04-2012, 11:49 AM
I figured that, I did not want to be rude or anything, they are nice guys and they have done a lot of work for already. I missed out last weekend to be on the water and I was really expected to have my dash done, also they speaclize in LED lighting I figure that would a 10 minute job not 10 days and wait until the last minute to tell me they did not do it.

wolfeman131
05-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Having a dealership with a busy service department is a double-edged sword. It's great that their busy b/c that allows them to attract the best mechanics in town. It sucks b/c word gets out that they have the best guys in town and folks overwhelm them, at times. My dealer handles multiple lines from 'toons to fishing boats to massive cruisers, so that's another reason why I call ahead. If their dropping a new diesel in a $500k cruiser, I know my oil & filter change won't take precedent.

Unless I lie and tell them I'm jpetty.

kaneboats
05-04-2012, 12:03 PM
You mean if you show up out of the blue in late April/early May and ask them to dewinterize your boat and do some warranty work they don't say: "Sure, we'll just put you in ahead of all the folks that scheduled appointments for today back in Jan. It looks like it is going to be nice this weekend and YOU need YOUR boat ASAP. We totally understand and want you for a customer more than the folks who are on the schedule already. Can I get you an iced tea while you wait? Better yet, how about a new Supra 242 for a loaner in case it takes more than a few hours?"

jpetty3023
05-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Shoot Kane they can have my boat for the ENTIRE summer if they gonna "loan" me a 242. Have at it!!

05moombalsv
05-04-2012, 01:43 PM
If it was my shop and I knew one of my loyal customers were going to be without there boat for a weekend or two, I would give them a loaner! Thats the kind of service I expect and that the service I provide in my profession.

Shoot Kane they can have my boat for the ENTIRE summer if they gonna "loan" me a 242. Have at it!!