PDA

View Full Version : Sheilded Wire for Remotes

bhowell
04-19-2012, 05:15 PM
I have two of the AEWARE remotes which work great with my head unit. The problem I have is at high volumes the current from the speaker wires interferes with the remotes causing them not to function. I was wondering if running a shielded wire for the remotes would eliminate this problem. Anyone have any knowledge / experience? Anything helps.

bhowell
05-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Bump - Anyone else have this issue?

ian ashton
05-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Thats a strange one. I don't have AEWare remotes, but I have 2 Kenwood remotes and have never experienced this issue. Are you sure its not something else causing the problem? To test I would run a separate signal wire from the remote to the headunit and crank it up, if it still happens ditch the AEWare and get Kenwood.

E4NASH
05-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Thats a strange one. I don't have AEWare remotes, but I have 2 Kenwood remotes and have never experienced this issue. Are you sure its not something else causing the problem? To test I would run a separate signal wire from the remote to the headunit and crank it up, if it still happens ditch the AEWare and get Kenwood.

I agree. I had those Aeware remotes in my last boat and had the same problem. In my new boat I have Kenwood remotes no problems here. However they are the digital remotes and not the regular ones. But I really think those Aeware remotes are just bad. I think the standard Kenwood remotes would be better. You can usually find them for $50 or less...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhowell
05-03-2012, 11:23 AM
I had those Aeware remotes in my last boat and had the same problem.

Same problem where the remote stops working at high volumes?

I would just buy 2x 107MRs but I would also have to switch headunits as I have the Kenwood KDC-X493 (car unit from previous owner). It works great with the iPod where I can change tracks from the AEWARE and it has 4V pre-outs. I just need to fix this one issue at high volume. Seems like a cheap fix if shielded wire could be the solution.

E4NASH
05-03-2012, 12:33 PM
It wasn't necessarily at high volumes they would just randomly stop working. It was REALLY annoying. The 107 remotes are GREAT! I got them and the radio off eBay for pretty good deals.

I would definitely try your shielded wire idea and see if it would work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ian ashton
05-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Replace the AEWare with KACRC60MR - it should be a direct replacement. I am using 2 of those, and a 107MR, and all work perfectly.

Razzman
05-04-2012, 05:29 PM
I had two Aewares for two seasons and never experienced any issues what so ever with them. When I installed the transom unit I used simple 4 strand unshielded 22ga security wire. Sold them to another member on here and they're still functioning just fine as far as I know.