PDA

View Full Version : adding extra bladders

younggunboard
06-20-2005, 11:55 PM
I Just bought a 2005 Moomba outback and was wondering how to add extra bladders that are still controlled by the same ballast fill/empty switch or if there was a different was of getting a bigger wake.

Thanks for the help,
Jack Greenwood

Buttafewcoe
06-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Y,
You will have to get a little creative to plumb more sacks into your existing system. Usually, the extra bladders are in a storage compartment somewhere and plumbed under the deck.
I bought the "Twins" from Straightline. They're a pair of 440# "phat sacs" that I put beside my motorbox, one behind the driver's side, one in the walkway. Those 2, along with the factory ballast in the rear (250# I think?) gives me around 1100# of ballast. Throw a couple people in, and the wake isn't too shabby. I fill them up with the handy dandy fill kit supplied by the same company.
You're not going to get a huge wake out of the Outback like you would the V-drives. But it is enough to do inverts and what-not. A little rampy, but firm. I'm more than happy with mine.
Jim
North Carolina

Yellowmobius
06-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Hey Jack,

We can talk,

Later

06-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Hey Butta,
You must be one of those poor working stiffs that can only boat one or two time a week and maybe on the weekends. Don't you know that with enough money you can actually have someone put wheels on one of these things then drive it down the street when they're done?. You probably wanted an lxv gravity games edition full blown but couldn't afford it. Next time save a little more and buy a wakesetter or x-star:p

Eric the Red
06-21-2005, 05:12 PM
For enough money you can put wheels on one of these and drive it down the street.

stang67
06-22-2005, 12:02 PM
I added extra bladders on the side of my engine box 300lbs each. They made a huge difference in the wake size. I use the 1100 gph pump that i bought with them to fill. Does not take but 10 mins anyways. Normally the same time that the others get the boat ready while one person fills.