PDA

View Full Version : How are you guys weighting the new Mojo's?

slidin_out
04-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Having trouble finding the sweet spot on my friend's new Mojo. Seems it's only good with the bow full and nothing in the rear. Also with the surf wake, how much weight is going to be needed to sink that back corner enough? The stock bag and 6-8 sucks for a surf wake no matter where the wake plate is adjusted or what speed.

04-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Hi slidin out. I replied on the other forum to you, but i'll help you out here too.

The mojo only has 400lbs stock in the front and in each rear. If you had all those people (15) or most of them in the rear of the boat, you definitley need more weight up front. I bet with the extra bow sack it will be much better balanced and should be a cleaner wake. My XLV came stock with 1100 lbs up front and with 750's in the rear it liked more wieght up front.

Grab some pics next time you are out if possible. Also check your speed with a GPS just to make sure (unless you have the GPS cruise on the boat).

wolfeman131
04-12-2012, 07:45 PM
I've been out on a Mojo 1/2 dz times and got a nice surf wave out of the stock 400lb bag and the center (which is 450lbs) and 3 people. Was it the biggest wave I've seen? Nope. But it was long & clean with the wakeplate 3/4 up and 10.0 mph. That's a big boat, with a ton of freeboard, so you need to drop in some 750's (1,100's would be better) and a bow sac if you're wanting a killer wave.

Mobius22
04-12-2012, 09:45 PM
I agree with Wolf, if you want a steeper surf wake you will need to upgrade the bags. They're not really expensive and that boat has a ton of room in the lockers for bigger bags

KG's Supra24
04-12-2012, 09:59 PM
I would def be upgrading to 1100's in the rear and however much you can hide in the front.

I'm not sure how the front of the boat is compartment wise but I'd def be looking to add some there like 501 said.

slidin_out
04-13-2012, 10:04 AM
So the stock bags are only about 400? Man that is weak sauce from Moomba. I'll let him know that he probably needs to upgrade the sacs. I figured that was probably going to be the case. I know in my 03 SANTE the stock plus a 250 in the back and bow makes it real nice. Throw a 450 in the back and front and it's massive. And yes it's like more weight up front too. I'll look up the prices for him and try to get him on that quickest fast.

ETA -- Looks like this setup might do the trick for him. http://www.wakemakers.com/liquid-force-brostock-ballast-upgrade.html 2450 should sink that boat pretty good.

04-13-2012, 10:22 AM
2450 on top of the stock 450 up front puts it at a total of 2900 lbs. That should be a sick wake especially with a full 1100 lbs up front.

T100
04-13-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't want to be negative about a new boat but you should not have to up-grade in a brand new MOJO from 400 ballasts ??? to 750 or 1100. I thought this boat was designed for SURFING?? I could not believe I was reading this post and 400's were put in this caliber of boat???

Mobius22
04-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Pretty sure it wasn't designed for surfing. I think that's something we have assumed on here. I've wakeboarded the stock wake and it's pretty clear that they focused on that alot, it's sick. It has so much freeboard that it needs the extra weight for guys that want that huge surf wake. I agree that having to upgrade is a pain though, but at least bags aren't thousands of dollars to upgrade.

you da man
04-13-2012, 11:00 AM
I don't want to be negative about a new boat but you should not have to up-grade in a brand new MOJO from 400 ballasts ??? to 750 or 1100. I thought this boat was designed for SURFING?? I could not believe I was reading this post and 400's were put in this caliber of boat???

I don't think Moomba or SC for that matter is going to overload a boat with 1100's in the rear from the factory. That would put them over the weight capacity of the boat a potentially make them liable. That's why most wakeboats will not be equipped with maximum ballast sacs. They leave that up to us.

Mobius22
04-13-2012, 11:03 AM
I don't think Moomba or SC for that matter is going to overload a boat with 1100's in the rear from the factory. That would put them over the weight capacity of the boat a potentially make them liable. That's why most wakeboats will not be equipped with maximum ballast sacs. They leave that up to us.

Agreed, lawyers ruin everything :)

slidin_out
04-13-2012, 11:20 AM
It is weird that they only put 1200lbs stock in it. You can get an Epic or Axis stock with MUCH more than that. With all the freeboard of the Mojo it should hold more stock ballast. We have two 250's and two 450's to add to it this weekend if he can go. I am anxious to see how it looks with that extra weight. Also the stock wake isn't sick IMO. However it is better than the stock wake in the Outback V he had last year.

wolfeman131
04-13-2012, 11:25 AM
So the stock bags are only about 400? Man that is weak sauce from Moomba.

What do you guys think comes stock in a $125,000 Malibu 247? If I remember correctly, it's like 450-500bs per tank (2 in the rear lockers, center & optional bow). You want more weight to surf that boat? Get ready to throw a bag in the locker and a tsunami over the side. Or, get out a drill & start putting holes in the boat. I'd MUCH rather have the option of plug-and-play bags.

I challenge you to find ANY brand of boat that thows a MONSTER surf wave with what you can get from the factory. Check out wakeworld and see what guys are doing to brand new Tiges, Supremes, Malibus and MC's to get great surf waves.

BTW - this is from the 'bu 247 Owner's Manual. This is the reason NOBODY offers the ballast you need for big surf waves. If the boat left the factory with thousands of pounds of ballast, the seating capacity would be reduced to 1.

The U.S. Coast Guard and most maritime authorities require that boats under 20 ft have a
certification or builder’s plate stating the number of persons and maximum weight a boat
will handle safely under normal conditions. The certification is attached near the helm
forward of the throttle. Overloading is a violation. Do not carry more weight or
passengers than indicated on the plate. The presence of the plate does not relieve the
owner/operator from responsibility for using common sense and sound judgment.
Never exceed the load capacity and distribute weight evenly
between bow and stern, and port to starboard.
SWAMPING HAZARD
Overloading may reduce the stability and seaworthiness of
the boat.
• The weight of all persons and gear including non-factory fitted ballast bags, water
bladders, ballast tanks and fat sacks should never exceed the maximum weight
capacity listed on the capacity label specified by the U.S. Coast Guard or your
local maritime authority.
• Add the weight of water contained in non-factory installed ballast bags or tanks
to the weight of the persons and gear. When determining total weight on board,
calculate the weight of water at 9 lbs/gal (1.1 kg/L).

wolfeman131
04-13-2012, 11:28 AM
You can get an Epic or Axis stock with MUCH more than that.

Have you ever seen or read of anybody seriously surfing either of those boats?

I'd like to see where you can order more ballast than the Wakebox 800/900 system. Sure, you can add the option of the plug-and-play ballast, but you aren't getting the boat delivered from the factory with 1,100 lb bags installed.

http://www.axiswake.com/downloads/axis_specs_2011.pdf

slidin_out
04-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Not really concerned with the surfing as we are with the wake. Guess it just makes sense that you have to add extra weight to get every boat where you want it. Maybe he was expecting too much as was I.

wolfeman131
04-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Also with the surf wake, how much weight is going to be needed to sink that back corner enough? The stock bag and 6-8 sucks for a surf wake no matter where the wake plate is adjusted or what speed.

Not really concerned with the surfing as we are with the wake. Guess it just makes sense that you have to add extra weight to get every boat where you want it. Maybe he was expecting too much as was I.

Huh, the post you started the thread with and your last one have me confused. Maybe I've sucked in too much CO2 while surfing.

jpetty3023
04-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Yo sliden_out, not to sound like a douche bag or anything but you do realize your on a moomba forum as an alleged SANTE owner talking smack about Moomba and trying to hype up epic and axis.

I don't wanna be unfriendly here or discourage you from visiting but like yo momma should have taught you, if you dont have nothing nice to say...don't say nutin at all". Maybe your "friend who was expecting too much" would like to join, post pics, and get some great advice from great dudes here on the MOOMBA site

KSmith
04-13-2012, 11:46 AM
LMAO tell us how you really feel Jason! I was just thinking he should quit being a whine azz and use his most excellent wicked sick awesome trick phat SANTE instead of sponging off his friend...

jpetty3023
04-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Im just a little over protective of my SC family I guess!! It's the way I'm built

KSmith
04-13-2012, 11:49 AM
We got each others back no doubt

lsvboombox
04-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Starting to feel like the mastercraft website now.

Ps someone check the ip address i think this is ed

Mobius22
04-13-2012, 11:53 AM

So you're not into surfing now? I'm confused. The Mojo has a clean wakeboard wake at stock ballast, add more weight and it will get huge. Austin Hair rode it and swore by it last year.

wolfeman131
04-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Maybe your "friend who was expecting too much" would like to join, post pics, and get some great advice from great dudes here on the MOOMBA site

Apologies from me too. You hit a nerve with me not only b/c I don't think you're fully informed, but also because I'm picking up my new Mojo today. This really is a great place to get a ton of information and quite a few laughs. It was just bad form to pop on with your initial posts and start slamming your buddy's new ride.

wolfeman131
04-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Ps someone check the ip address i think this is ed

It is not.

Sometimes the internet is crazy to me. With a click, or two, some copy & paste I know his real name, where he went to college, where he works, what he does for a living, city he lives in his wife & son's names. Crazy scary!

So, does the Mojo belong to Chris or Don?

jpetty3023
04-13-2012, 12:12 PM
What's his SANTE's boat name wolfey

04-13-2012, 12:56 PM
I think you guys are kind of being rude to Slidin out and defending what you are probably not experts on. His good friend just bought a $60k boat and they are having troubles with it and he is just looking for help. Talk about being defensive!

Show me a bunch of pics of the stock wake on the Mojo being perfect and then we can show the guy something is in fact wrong or improperly setup, but taking a "sponsored riders word" as the end all be all if just not fair.

The Mojo is new and we don't have a bunch of Mojo experts who are skilled wakeboarders to comment yet on the wake and how to set it up with pictures and videos and all. In a month or 2 Im sure there will be a bunch, me included.

04-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Also, there are a handful of boats that come with lots of ballast (MB-2800, Epic-4000, new Nautique-2800), but most come max stock with around 1200lbs. My XLV came with 2000 back in 08 (which I upgraded to 2650) and now they come max with like 1250. Its not just Moomba that comes with a low stoch weight but there are others that come with enough.

bzubke1
04-13-2012, 01:04 PM
My guess is the boat needs more front weight for a good wakeboard wake like most skiers choice products do. Get out and experiment with some different weight configurations that's half the fun of a new boat. I would love to see the mojo offered with a play pen bow in the future. 1100 pounds hidden under the bow would be sweet.

KSmith
04-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Sorry not feelin it 501. If he wants help fine but to come busting in throwing insults and smack talk is crap. If the owner of the boat wants to chime in I'm sure we'll help as much as possible.

04-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Actually he posted on another forum and was directed here because the members here should be the biggest help. If they spent a whole day out there and were unhappy with the wake don't you blame them for being upset.

Do you guy's think he's a fake or just trying to dis Moomba? Maybe, but perhaps they are having troubles with a brand new boat, are frustrated, and looking for help.

Honestly, I think all boats should come with the right amount of weight for a stock wakeboard wake and surfing wave that are really good. To say that you should have to spend $60-100k on a boat and then upgrade it to do what it was designed to do is silly in my eyes. This goes for all the high end boats and manufacturers. I guess that was one of the best things I liked about my XLV and the hidden 2000 stock.

Anyways, to each their own and maybe I am off base. But I know if it was me, I would be pretty frustrated too. That's why i got a performance guarantee on my new boat that if the wake isn't up to my satisfaction, i wouldn't have to take the boat. IT'S why people buy these boats.

bzubke1
04-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Another thing. If you're gonna try and get the wake dialed in don't take 10 people out with you. 4 Guys tops that way you don't have to worry about people moving around and messing things up. People who aren't really into wakeboarding just don't understand how much weight placement really matters they always seem to move from one side of the boat to the other at the worst times.

I'm gonna give him a pass he doesn't understand how much we love our boats. This is a very positive forum and that's why I love it so much.

KSmith
04-13-2012, 02:19 PM
If they spent a whole day out there and were unhappy with the wake don't you blame them for being upset.

Do you guy's think he's a fake or just trying to dis Moomba? Maybe, but perhaps they are having troubles with a brand new boat, are frustrated, and looking for help.

Spending one whole day trying to get the wake dialed in on a new unfamilair boat doesn't move me. I spent numerous days under various conditions before I had a general guideline of how to dial it in, but it is still just a guideline as weather conditions, water conditions, number and size of crew, all change and even with the guidelines there are times it just isn't perfect. I kind of realize that setting my speed to 21, wakeplate to 1/2 all ballast full doesn't mean I am going to get a consistant wake, maybe not even a great wake. I deal with it...

No I don't think he's fake. I think he is an azz. Maybe if he'd checked his attitude and SANTE crap at the door and asked for help offering useful insight into the issue and what they had already done to address it, I woulld guess he'd been welcomed and everyone would have tried to help. Come crashing in screaming the boat and wake suck doesn't tend to make friends.

There was an A22 out the other day nose 6 inches from the water when heading out to open water and when he got going he was throwing a huge but washed out wake. So it seems these wunderboats aren't perfect at all times either...

04-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Ya it usually is a positive forum. I agree though just a few wakeboarders to dial in the wake for sure. We all know who the other guys are who posted about the superiority of their other brand of boats on here that got everyone so sensitive in the first place.

I for one am super stoked I get to ride behind a Mojo 1/2 time. Once my buddy gets his, we will dial it in and post to help others for sure.

dusty2221
04-13-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm with 501, a load of overreacting imo.

My post is all surf related, but like 501 and a few others said, grab some 1100's for the rear lockers and fill the front full along with an 1100. Some have said that adding a small amount of weight to the non surf side will also help the overall size due to simply displacing more water with the rear of the boat deeper. With the 1100's you are sacrificing way less lean doing this compared to if you just kept the 400s.

With the Mojo being so new it may be a bit before people report what it likes. Hell, you and your buddy could be the ones to report it after some experimenting.

Are you trying to do this with all weight hidden? The next step IMO after the 1100s will be a 400 about 75% laying on the rear sun deck and the other hanging off onto the rear seats, along with at least 400 pounds in the bow on the surf side of the hull.

That's my take.

lsvboombox
04-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Ok move this thread to ww. To many whiners

jpetty3023
04-13-2012, 02:31 PM
There's enough love to go around and help is already being offered to the OP's friend. His 3rd or 4th post left a bad taste in my mouth with the bashin but it's all good. Hopefully the OP's friend will come on here and get the help he's looking for and then in turn help others in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpetty3023
04-13-2012, 02:34 PM
WW

BAM

One Love to all shredders

lsvboombox
04-13-2012, 02:42 PM
I challenge you to find ANY brand of boat that thows a MONSTER surf wave with what you can get from the factory. Check out wakeworld and see what guys are doing to brand new Tiges, Supremes, Malibus and MC's to get .[/I]

Check out the tomcat. 2400 pounds "looks" like the guy paddles in to the surf wake

slidin_out
04-13-2012, 02:48 PM
man, touchy feely around here, i like my friend's boat and am just helping him get dialed in so he can get the most out of it, he was complaining about the surf wake but he likes wakeboarding more so i was more trying to figure out how to get that dialed first, can move on the surf wake next, have already gone through all of this trial and error on my boat, i've been too busy to get mine cleaned up because of moving and growing my business so we've been on his only so far this year, not trying to pimp any brand or bash any, the Mojo is much nicer than his Outback was in both wake and fit and finish, i think Moomba has stepped up their fit and finish a lot with this boat, i have my brand preference but it's not only the only brand out there

also to quote my friend "i'm not good at the internets" which is why i signed up here to help him out, apologies if i offended anyone, there are good and bad things about every boat/manufacturer, again apologies, just trying to help my friend out

slidin_out
04-13-2012, 02:50 PM
It is not.

Sometimes the internet is crazy to me. With a click, or two, some copy & paste I know his real name, where he went to college, where he works, what he does for a living, city he lives in his wife & son's names. Crazy scary!

So, does the Mojo belong to Chris or Don?

Neither and you are kind of creepy going to that extreme.

bzubke1
04-13-2012, 02:51 PM
How did you have it weighted, what speed and line length were you riding, and what was it about the wake that yall weren't happy with? This info will make it easier to give suggestions.

slidin_out
04-13-2012, 03:11 PM
first two times were totally different river conditions, first it was only 5 people in the boat, well 4 and a half I guess, river was close to flood stage so steady speed was an issue, but we took the same line up the river in a straight away only pulling someone upstream so it was consistent conditions, started with no ballast, smooth wake about like my boat with no ballast, he was riding at 75', it was a bit too lippy at the top at 21, sped up to 21.5 then 22, it smoothed out some so that was ok, good solid wake but not real big but good enough, you could feel it booting you a little, adjusting the wake plate any made it start to wash so plate stayed down, i got in to ride and filled everything stock up, started at 21.5 at 70', wake plate down, was washing just behind me, he adjusted the plate and the white wash got worse, put the plate back down, sped up to 22 and wake cleaned up some but was lipping over at the top again, only had time for a quick set each

next time out we had the boat load of people and the river was calm and smooth...well mostly smooth, they havent' outlawed jetskis yet unfortunately but i digress, towards the end of the day when everyone was tired and not moving around we filled up the ballast and started him at 22 at 75', people were evenly distributed in cabin and bow, bad lip and washing, i started dumping the rear bags and watching the wake while they were dumping, it gradually shaped up pretty nice so i look at the dash and the rear bags had about 8% left in them

so my guess is he needs an additional big sac in the bow to get the most out of the full stock ballast, the observation i have noticed so far is that the wake plate is not going to be useful at all on this boat, at least not until the ballast equation is figured out, every time it is raised any to sink the rear of the boat you get white wash bad

on another note the gps cruise on it works well until all the stock ballast is full and there are a bunch of people in the boat too, it still works just drops .5 mph sometimes when the rider cuts out, other than that it is spot on within .2 usually, may be upgrading my PP to the Stargazer version after seeing how well it worked

Mobius22
04-13-2012, 03:17 PM
man, touchy feely around here, i like my friend's boat and am just helping him get dialed in so he can get the most out of it, he was complaining about the surf wake but he likes wakeboarding more so i was more trying to figure out how to get that dialed first, can move on the surf wake next, have already gone through all of this trial and error on my boat, i've been too busy to get mine cleaned up because of moving and growing my business so we've been on his only so far this year, not trying to pimp any brand or bash any, the Mojo is much nicer than his Outback was in both wake and fit and finish, i think Moomba has stepped up their fit and finish a lot with this boat, i have my brand preference but it's not only the only brand out there.

No worries! These guys on here just love their boats and Moomba in general so I think your first couple posts just got taken the wrong way. The Mojo is a big, deep boat so it will require more weight to get the wake really good. That's probably why it frustrated you because compared to your SANTE it will require more weight because it's just a bigger, deeper boat (that's just a guess, yours could be deeper). On the wakeboarding side, when I rode it I thought it was kinda narrow and very clean on both sides (similar to an LSV for everybody on here, with how clean it was). My advice would be to experiment with more weight in the back and some in the nose as well (move some of those people to the bow). I would definitely get bigger bags in the back, I think that will solve the majority of your problems (mostly surfing) since you can move people to the bow to offset it.

slidin_out
04-13-2012, 03:21 PM
agree, we will probably have four extra bags next time out to change it up a lot, it may just take a month or so to get it dialed, yes that boat is MUCH deeper than mine, come to think of it it does kind of feel like the doesn't sit deep in the water while in it

KG's Supra24
04-13-2012, 03:23 PM
How did I miss this thread?!?!?!

Based on what you mentioned above and factoring I know nothing about the Mojo wake ...

It sounds like yall are riding a decent length line for the speed you are hoping to go. Is the speedo GPS based? I'm not familar with the Moomba Cruise. Have you made certain the speed is correct speed?

Fwiw, I don't think I could ride at 75' and 22mph behind my boat.

As many others have said here ... it also sounds like you are going to need more front weight.

I don't see people complain too often about having to upgrade ballast in a skiers choice boat. It is the easiest that I know of among all brands. It's plug and play. It's sounds like the stock ballast numbers have gotten smaller as mine came with 2,000 but I can def understand why they don't sack them out from factory.

Mobius22
04-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Alright now we're getting somewhere ha. It sounds like it likes bow weight for wakeboarding, so I would put a bag in the walkthru area in the bow, you can probably fit it under the bow filler cushion (if he has that, it's an option) and then work the rear ballast from there and see where everything seems to come together. You're in uncharted territory so we're all anxious to see what this boat likes. As for surfing, that's where the deepness of the boat is gonna come into play, since your boat sits much lower in the water, it's easier for you to sink one side of it to produce a good surf wave and likewise with your friend's old OBV. Since the Mojo is just bigger and deeper, it will require more weight. That's the main reason I would upgrade the 400's in the back.

bzubke1
04-13-2012, 03:42 PM
The first thing that jumps out at me is that you're riding at 75ft at only 22. I would either pull the rope in or speed up. For example on my LSV we ran at 24.2 mph at 65 feet. On my friend's 02 SAN we ride 23mph at 75. Once you bring the rope in or speed up it should enable you to bring the plate up some.

04-13-2012, 04:12 PM
My very first reply was exactly that, add weight to the front LOL. I think people often overweight their boats in the rear and his troubles with the plate are the same issue, too much rear weight. 1100's in the rear would only make it worse.

After bzubke1's post I thought a bit more about it and at 22mph, 65-70ft would be a much better lenght for most boats so i think following his advice of speeding up a touch or dropping 5-10 feet is a good idea to start.

you da man
04-13-2012, 04:13 PM
It is weird that they only put 1200lbs stock in it. You can get an Epic or Axis stock with MUCH more than that.

You CANNOT get an Axis from the factory with more than the 900lb hard tanks and wedge. Axis plumbs the capabilities to have more sacs from the factory (still an option though) for the owner to just drop in extra sacs but it DOES NOT come from the factory with 3000-4000lbs of ballast.

The mojo is a very capable boat, both wake and surf. You guys have to just experiment more. None us with wakeboats dialed in our wakes the first few times out in our boats.

slidin_out
04-13-2012, 04:14 PM
The first thing that jumps out at me is that you're riding at 75ft at only 22. I would either pull the rope in or speed up. For example on my LSV we ran at 24.2 mph at 65 feet. On my friend's 02 SAN we ride 23mph at 75. Once you bring the rope in or speed up it should enable you to bring the plate up some.

I ride at 70'. He will not ride anything shorter than 75' for some reason. I think he thinks you're not good unless you ride at 75' or 80'. IDK...anyway we will try it at shorter lengths to find that sweet spot

Mobius22
04-13-2012, 04:16 PM
You CANNOT get an Axis from the factory with more than the 900lb hard tanks and wedge. Axis plumbs the capabilities to have more sacs from the factory (still an option though) for the owner to just drop in extra sacs but it DOES NOT come from the factory with 3000-4000lbs of ballast.

And he's an Axis owner so he knows :D

slidin_out
04-13-2012, 04:16 PM
and again thanks for the help and apologies for ruffling feathers of some, was not my intention

Mobius22
04-13-2012, 04:30 PM
It's no bigge, it just got taken the wrong way. Post pics of the next time you're out, or your friend can sign up and save you the trouble ha.

KG's Supra24
04-13-2012, 05:21 PM
I ride at 70'. He will not ride anything shorter than 75' for some reason. I think he thinks you're not good unless you ride at 75' or 80'. IDK...anyway we will try it at shorter lengths to find that sweet spot

If he wants to ride at 75 then the speed needs to be up around 24 or more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

KG's Supra24
04-13-2012, 05:22 PM
My very first reply was exactly that, add weight to the front LOL. I think people often overweight their boats in the rear and his troubles with the plate are the same issue, too much rear weight. 1100's in the rear would only make it worse.

The 1100 recommendations, at least mine, were in response to surf wave.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Mobius22
04-13-2012, 05:37 PM
The 1100 recommendations, at least mine, were in response to surf wave.

Mine were as well

you da man
04-13-2012, 05:49 PM
And he's an Axis owner so he knows :D

but still a Moomba/Supra fan

Mobius22
04-13-2012, 05:56 PM
I know, I was just messin

you da man
04-13-2012, 08:48 PM
I know, I was just messin

Cheers [insert beer mug]

04-13-2012, 10:37 PM
I realize KG and MB22 meant that for surfing I just wanted to be clear about that for the OP.

Its going to be awesome when more board members really get the Mojo tweaked.

Hey could you imagine if boat maunfacturers actually tested out the boats with different weights and speeds (even just stock and full) to come up with some basic reccomendations for what works best for a boat, took pictures and added it into the manual. People wouldn't have to read a forum for advice or do a lot of trial and error? Ya ya, I know that no companies do this but wouldn't it be a good idea? And I also know of course people are going to add more weight and all that but just for new owners, it would be a great starting point. I see lots of people who get a new boat and try and surf with the stock 200-450lbs and can't figure out why it doesn't work, or the wave is small.

Just thinking out loud. It snowed again today and i'm bored.

jpetty3023
04-13-2012, 10:51 PM
SNOW!! I feel terrible for my northern friends....this is how we spend April nights in TX. My view tonight I think is a lot better than yours Levi
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f287/jpetty3023/9789ca0f.jpg

Mikey
04-13-2012, 11:05 PM
As Levi mentioned snow ,you really don't want to see what we just got. 2 1/2 hrs nearly 6 inches . Although most of that melted away today as quickly as it came. Still gonna be awhile for us up here to get out boating as most lakes are still frozen or at least partially.

rdlangston13
04-13-2012, 11:42 PM
with the new tower design arent you able to run an extra 5 feet or so and still be the same distance behind the boat due to the tow point being father forward on the boat?

also how do you mount speakers to the new standard tower???

wolfeman131
04-13-2012, 11:47 PM
David, both the Oz and the V2 are pre drilled for speaker installation. On the Oz, the mount points are in the "corners" of the tower on the front tube. However, if one wanted to mount multiple speakers, I don't see why you couldn't hang them from the tube.

04-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Soooooo jealous!

SNOW!! I feel terrible for my northern friends....this is how we spend April nights in TX. My view tonight I think is a lot better than yours Levi
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f287/jpetty3023/9789ca0f.jpg

wolfeman131
04-16-2012, 10:07 AM
OK, so I heard some from folks that have some experience with boating and have had their hands on a Mojo for some time. Below is what the guys from Diamond Lakes Watersports are liking for setups with the Mojo. I think KG knows these guys and can either vouch for them or tell us otherwise.

For wakeboarding:
Long 1150 lb bags on each side of the engine, filled to approx 800 lbs each.
Front hard tank full.
600 lb bag in the bow running side to side.
Wakeplate at 50%
Speed 24 mph
Rope length 80’

For surfing:
750 lbs on surf side in back (fly high part W707) OR 1100 lb bag (fly high W719) OR 1450 lb bag (fly high W712).*
Stock hard tank full and possibly fly high W711 (725 lbs) full or partially filled under bow cushions
Speed 11-12 mph
Wakeplate at personal preference
At the end of the day, this is a big, deep boat that is going to require some weight to get the hull sunk and start displacing water. My plan is for 1,100's in the rear lockers, 400+ under the port seats (we all ride regular) and bow sac. Probably have it all set up in the next 3 wks and will keep everybody posted.

E4NASH
04-16-2012, 10:36 AM
I, too, can vouch for the guys at Diamond Lakes they know their stuff! Great guys!

Mobius22
04-16-2012, 12:56 PM
At the end of the day, this is a big, deep boat that is going to require some weight to get the hull sunk and start displacing water. My plan is for 1,100's in the rear lockers, 400+ under the port seats (we all ride regular) and bow sac. Probably have it all set up in the next 3 wks and will keep everybody posted.

Can't wait to see that wave when you have it weighted

04-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks a TON Wolfman. Great info there! Man, I can't wait to ride a sacked out Mojo!

slidin_out
04-16-2012, 03:11 PM
will pass this info on to my friend, hopefully he will upgrade the bags and get a bow sac, he didn't get to take it out last weekend

WaterBullDawg1980
04-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks a bunch to Wolfe. That is what makes this forum so valuable.

Drew: I know that personally, I cannot wait to see you riding at 24 mph pulling some raleys. :o

jpetty3023
04-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Yes Wolfe, please have some video of you knocking out a raley or two

wolfeman131
04-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Pulled this from the April picture thread two its easier to reference:

Justin and Clay at Diamond Lakes WaterSports were made aware of this thread and the discussions of their opinion on the Mojo. They wanted me to post this on their behalf:

We have a 2012 Moomba Mojo for our demo boat. We have the Indmar 330 hp engine in ours and we already have 30 hours on it. We have played with the wake numerous times and believe that we have it dialed right now. We swapped out the 400 lb rear sacks and put 1180 lb sacks on each side. We had to do some minor modifications to get the bags to fit correctly. We fill the rear bags to 100% and fill the front 100% as well. We also added two 300 lb bags to the nose and walkway of the boat to compensate for the weight in the back of the boat.Wakeplate is set just under half way (this is by prefrerence for our ideal wake shape) Now comes the awesome part.... We are riding 80ft at 24.7 mph and the wake is amazing!! Hands down the best wake ever. The wake is huge.... Not just huge, but shaped with a very user friendly transition. I cannot say enough good things about this setup that Skiers Choice has built! We are running an Acme 1235 prop that increases our hole shot time. The 330 hp engine is blowing our mind on performance and gas mileage. We are loading the boat down rather heavily and the gas gauge rarely moves. The wakesurf wake is just as good!! We fill the rear bag 100% on which ever side we are surfing and leave the front bags 100% full as well. We absolutely love this boat and are excited for the rest of the wake community to experience it for themselves as well!!

Mobius22
04-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Can't wait to see some pics of that thing dialed in, interesting the 330 is performing that well. Kudos to Indmar

wolfeman131
04-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Can't wait to see some pics of that thing dialed in, interesting the 330 is performing that well. Kudos to Indmar

I can't wait to report on the 345! I love how that thing looks an it sounds great during break in.

Mobius22
04-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Gatta say I dig the paint job on that thing, I'm just surprised that they're running 3K ballast in a BIG boat and that 330 sounds like it's still just chuggin along.

jpetty3023
04-23-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm kind of suprised you don't have the break in hours done yet wolfey. Sounds like you might need a little help from some of your moomba maniacs breaking her in.

wolfeman131
04-23-2012, 05:30 PM
That or fewer kids!

Just a busy weekend with tee ball, gymnastics and yard work. I'm traveling thru Fri so gotta get stuff done when Im hope to keep em all happy.

jpetty3023
04-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Just giving ya a hard time. I have 2 girls in softball and gym and a son who plays select baseball and football. Don't forget the wife and her honey to do lists plus full time job and then some. It's amazing any of us even have time to fart now-a-days!

wolfeman131
04-23-2012, 07:20 PM
It's amazing any of us even have time to fart now-a-days!

Ah, got to multi-task and do that during PT!

you da man
04-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Pulled this from the April picture thread two its easier to reference:

Justin and Clay at Diamond Lakes WaterSports were made aware of this thread and the discussions of their opinion on the Mojo. They wanted me to post this on their behalf:

We have a 2012 Moomba Mojo for our demo boat. We have the Indmar 330 hp engine in ours and we already have 30 hours on it. We have played with the wake numerous times and believe that we have it dialed right now. We swapped out the 400 lb rear sacks and put 1180 lb sacks on each side. We had to do some minor modifications to get the bags to fit correctly. We fill the rear bags to 100% and fill the front 100% as well. We also added two 300 lb bags to the nose and walkway of the boat to compensate for the weight in the back of the boat.Wakeplate is set just under half way (this is by prefrerence for our ideal wake shape) Now comes the awesome part.... We are riding 80ft at 24.7 mph and the wake is amazing!! Hands down the best wake ever. The wake is huge.... Not just huge, but shaped with a very user friendly transition. I cannot say enough good things about this setup that Skiers Choice has built! We are running an Acme 1235 prop that increases our hole shot time. The 330 hp engine is blowing our mind on performance and gas mileage. We are loading the boat down rather heavily and the gas gauge rarely moves. The wakesurf wake is just as good!! We fill the rear bag 100% on which ever side we are surfing and leave the front bags 100% full as well. We absolutely love this boat and are excited for the rest of the wake community to experience it for themselves as well!!

It would be great to see a video of the surf wake with the 1180 rear sacs. I assume those are the same 1180's available for the XLV and 242 center sac?