PDA

View Full Version : Ronix Mana and Kai Bindings

rdlangston13
04-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Last year I picked up my first wake board, a 2010 Hyperlite Forefront. This year I am looking to upgrade and I have found some good deals on a 2011 Ronix Mana with 2010 Ronix Kai bindings, does anyone know anything about either of these or have experience with them they would like to share?

Inliner
04-12-2012, 05:44 AM
WakeWorld.com is the best place to go for this kind of thing but there are no ratings on either. Not a lot of people ride Ronix boards but if you ask there you might be able to get at least some feedback.

KSmith
04-12-2012, 07:20 AM
I've read nothing but good reviews on the Mana board. I don't have the Kai boots but I do have 2 pair of the Ronix Frank boots (2010, 2011) and they ROCK! I doubt I'll buy anything other than Ronix boots from now on, at least the ones with the heat moldable liners, wicked comfortable.

rdlangston13
04-12-2012, 10:52 AM
WakeWorld.com is the best place to go for this kind of thing but there are no ratings on either. Not a lot of people ride Ronix boards but if you ask there you might be able to get at least some feedback.

Really, all I have heard is that ronix is the best

dusty2221
04-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Really, all I have heard is that ronix is the best

You've drank the kool-aid! That's what "they" want you to think!

bhowell
04-12-2012, 11:34 AM
What did you think of the Ronix One you rode last weekend? I also have a bigger pair of bindings we could swap onto my Ronix Bill this weekend if you want to check it out. After riding Matt's LF board this past weekend, I think I may want a board with a more aggressive rocker. I also love the Frank Boots. Matt's Ronix Cells were very nice too.

bhowell
04-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Just read about the Mana and I wouldn't get it myself because of the rocker designed for distance / speed rather than height off the wake.

rdlangston13
04-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Well i want a new set up and am looking at what I can find left over from last year without having to spend a fortune. That would be cool to try our your bill. I really liked the one but am having a hard time justifying over 500 bucks for a left over

rdlangston13
04-12-2012, 12:27 PM
You've drank the kool-aid! That's what "they" want you to think!

Haha, ok what do you suggest?

E4NASH
04-12-2012, 01:02 PM
I ride the Ronix District...It's a pretty good board but I have only riden if for one year. My skills progressed a lot from the beginning of last Season to the end. I am anxious to see how this season goes with the new boat and being only 30 minutes from the water versus 2 hours like last year. Will also help that I get to work from home here too so I will be able to sneak off some too...heh. I like Ronix and if this season is anything like or better than last I will be looking for a new board come the end of the season. I intend to demo several different boards but Ronix will still be at the top of my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bzubke1
04-12-2012, 01:25 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about the liquid force S4. Here's a leftover 2011 for a good deal.
http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/2115046

yz 2smoke
04-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Has anyone tried a Ronix Vault? I found a decent deal at Evo on a Vault w/divide bindings. This will be my first board. I've been riding a buddies very old LF.

brain_rinse
04-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Koolaid drinker here. I rode a couple interations of the One board before going flex, and will keep rocking new Ronix boots on whatever board I'm riding.

Inliner
04-12-2012, 04:03 PM
I've read nothing but good reviews on the Mana board. I don't have the Kai boots but I do have 2 pair of the Ronix Frank boots (2010, 2011) and they ROCK! I doubt I'll buy anything other than Ronix boots from now on, at least the ones with the heat moldable liners, wicked comfortable.

I didn't say Ronix was bad, just that not too many people ride them. I have seen the Ronix One in action but haven't ridden one. That would probably be the board I would go with if I were in the market for one. I ride a wakeskate and trick ski and LOVE to slide and like the design of that board overall for the way I prefer to ride. But that is based on seeing others ride it and just looking at it. I would reserve real judgement until I actually rode one.

bhowell
04-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Looked like it was working for you this weekend!