PDA

View Full Version : Marine wax suggestions?

Cigars n scotch
04-10-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm looking for some ideas from you folks regarding what marine waxes you use to keep that luster on your gel coats so shiny?

I use boat bling products for wiped own and it contains a silicone wax in it but I wanted to detail my boat this spring really well. Online ordering is probably the way I will go since I don't have hardly at all marine stores close to me.

Any great products that you swear by?

Thanks,

Justin

NCSUmoomba
04-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Mequiars products are the only thing that touch my boat!

sandm
04-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Boating mag just did a test on this. Meguirs was one of the top rated and best priced......

KSmith
04-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Mequiars products are the only thing that touch my boat!

^^^^ Ditto

Cigars n scotch
04-10-2012, 03:00 PM
I'll have to heck their site because the local auto parts stores don't carry a good selection and it's all for car applications

brain_rinse
04-10-2012, 03:00 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Marine-Fiberglass-Restoration-System/dp/B0000AY4YT

wolfeman131
04-10-2012, 03:18 PM
I like Leverage Boat Polish

http://www.monstermarinestore.com/productdetail.cfm?productid=1381&incat=68

maxpower220
04-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I have been using Nu Finish (the once a year car polish) for years. It does a nice job. My first boat was oxidized pretty badly and it really brought out the shine. I like it because it is cheap, easy to find, easy to put on and off, and works. It also does a good job of removing stains on the gel coat.

For my interior, I have been using Babes cleaner and protector. It works great. Perhaps their products are worth a look also.

jpetty3023
04-10-2012, 03:43 PM
I use boat bling products to, love me some hot sauce. Boat bling carries a wax and that's what I use. You can buy the entire kit that includes wax, transom cleaner, upholstery shine, etc for a fair price on line. Keep it all in the family if it works

snowboardcorey
04-10-2012, 05:49 PM
we've been using Meguires for years, it's the only wax we stock!

jmvotto
04-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Meguires here too. Babes for quick wipe downs.

Toysrme
04-11-2012, 05:28 AM
Klasse.
All in one
Then at least two quick coats of sealant glaze.

Easy and fast wipe on wipe off.

Commonly used on aircraft, high end autos and boats.

Unlike every other wax on the planet it is acrylic. Last a loooooong time. Beads water for months in automotive use. Not weeks. Very little goes a long way. Three quarter size spots on a typical car will do the entire car.

Sort of in between carnauba and synthetic (normally silocone) waxes visually. Its wet look like a carnauba (not reflective) that deepens colors, but glows like good synthetics.

you da man
04-11-2012, 10:11 AM
I used Leverage last season and was very easy to wipe on and off, barely anymore effort than just wiping down the boat. Tried a new product this season called Bow to Stern (aka: BTS). Apparently this stuff has been out for years and the bass boat guys rave about it because of it's UV protection and ability to keep that metalflake shiny new. My boat is black and went on and off easy (it's a spray so I would expect it would). As with any wax make sure the gel coat is thoroughly clean first or you'll just seal over any blemishes or water spots.

brain_rinse
04-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Klasse.
All in one
Then at least two quick coats of sealant glaze.

Easy and fast wipe on wipe off.

Commonly used on aircraft, high end autos and boats.

Unlike every other wax on the planet it is acrylic. Last a loooooong time. Beads water for months in automotive use. Not weeks. Very little goes a long way. Three quarter size spots on a typical car will do the entire car.

Sort of in between carnauba and synthetic (normally silocone) waxes visually. Its wet look like a carnauba (not reflective) that deepens colors, but glows like good synthetics.
I like this stuff too and use it on my car and truck. I've only put it on the boat once but it did hold up really well.

Cigars n scotch
04-11-2012, 10:49 AM
All great suggestions. Thanks everyone. I'm going to look at Meguiars and the Klasse products.(as well as boat bling since I love their hot sauce and vinyl sauce. Never knew they made an actual wax.)

NCSUmoomba
04-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Mequiar's products can be bought directly from them. Also, West Marine carries it as well.

jpetty3023
04-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Here ya go Cigar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokedog2
04-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Aero 303 here. Six, make that seven years and have been very happy. The boat looks like new.

SD2

skiyaker
04-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Trewax marine a few times a year; washwaxall after each use

http://www.washwax.com/products/Wash%20Wax%20ALL%20Cleaner.html