PDA

View Full Version : No fuel to carb?

ag04blast
04-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Put the boat back together and went to go out on the lake. Boat would crank but not start (2002 Mobius LSV Carb). Pulled the cover off the carb and there was no fuel spraying into the carb, even when pumping the throttle. I tried to check the voltage to the pump, but it returned zero.

I am confused about the operation of the pump, does it run when the key is in the on position?

Should it be getting power when the key is in the on position?

Manual shows a fuse location, but I do not see a fuse for the pump?

Normally when I cold start I pump the throttle to get some fuel in the carb, but now I cannot get any fuel out. I am at a loss.

LARGECAR
04-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Some of the carbed boat have a check valve in the fuel line. Had this happpen with my '98, simply took it out, and used a hose barb and clamps to put it back together. Worked for several years.

csleaver
04-10-2012, 10:29 AM
The pump should have a fuse in the main harness, a relay, and an oil pressure safety switch(to stop the pump when the engine is not running or cranking). If you hook up a portable tank and line to your pump, you can confirm or eliminate the possibility of a flow problem from the tank. Otherwise, power the pump with a set of jumper wires to see if you get fuel to the carb.