PDA

View Full Version : Hope no one else wants to use the dock

Boonejeepin
04-08-2012, 04:08 PM

Saw this on Craigslist and remembered why the dock can be so frustrating.

dru1974
04-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Maybe it's his?

Boonejeepin
04-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Surely acting like he owns it. :)

Nobodyrides4Free
04-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Not any worse than the guy who leaves his rig on the ramp, while he wipes it down and puts everything away.....While theres a line of boats to come out...LOL

sandm
04-09-2012, 08:14 AM
It became very clear to me early on in boat ownership that there are a whole lot of inconsiderate and stupid people that own boats, and even worse, those that have friends that own boats and think they need to pile a TON of gear on the dock an hour early while waiting to be picked up for the day.

or those that don't own boats and think the launch dock is the place for their kids to swim, or fish, or hang out waiting for rides.. etc.....

waiting in line to launch last year. guy with an alum. jetboat whizzed past us all and dumped his boat. on the way back up the ramp, I gestured my displeasure with his stunt cutting off 3 of us waiting. he looked at me and said, were you waiting to launch? sorry.. can't imagine what else a line of boats at a ramp would be waiting to do.

found him out on the lake fishing. we started surfing there :) sometimes paybacks are a bitch watching that boat rock off our wake...

dru1974
04-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Yes that is the worst>>>>kids using the launch dock for fishing or swimming off...or the guy senselessly doing drive by's while people are loading/unloading their boats. or indeed loading pulling ahead slightly and then pulling their pluggs and putting their gear away...yup..a major pet peive....I never hesitate to let them know boat ramp etiquate....

Boonejeepin
04-09-2012, 09:37 AM
I had a fisherman with a line in at the end of the boat dock (right next to the no fishing sign) refuse to pull his line in while I was trying to load yesterday. I worked my way around him and did not say anything. I hope I don't treat others with such disregard.

sandm
04-09-2012, 11:07 AM
I do have to say the worst I ever saw was a wakeboat(rhymes with astercraft) that was loaded down with 20-somethings ready to party for the day launching. a couple in their mid40's coming back in with a brand new mb tomcat(found out later was their first time not only with a new boat, but on the water as well). the couple had not been shown how to trailer the boat and were completely clueless and somewhat lost. the kids in the boat did nothing to help and laughed at them as they dumped and pulled away..

glad that karma will come back around..

rc5695
04-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Yes that is the worst>>>>kids using the launch dock for fishing or swimming off....
mine too!

I always make sure i'm way out of the way before stopping to unload and wipe down. Sure wish others would do the same. i try to always be friendly about it though, 'cuz like somebody mentioned, newbies don't always realize their blocking traffic and are happy to move.

mmandley
04-10-2012, 10:27 AM
I had a fisherman with a line in at the end of the boat dock (right next to the no fishing sign) refuse to pull his line in while I was trying to load yesterday. I worked my way around him and did not say anything. I hope I don't treat others with such disregard.

I was with Al last year at the Newburg ramp and same thing happened, people fishing off the dock when yuor not allowed, he goes and throws his line right behind the boat as we push off then gets mad when it gets caught in our prop.

Same for Hagg lake but in a different respect. I have all the respect in the world for the guys who want to go fishing, but if your in the Wake Allowed side of the lake, then dont complain when you get hit with a roller, i dont goto the No Wake side. I dont buzz the fishermen just to hit them with a wake but at Hagg you have to travel a certain direction around the lake or the Police will stop you. Sometimes its so crowded you have no choice but to buzz by someone.