PDA

View Full Version : WooHoo New Ski next Week

iwaterskihard
04-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Well the ice is slowly starting to melt off our lakes up here I am STOKED to be lucky enough to have gotten permission from the ALMIGHTY ruler that I can spend some money on myself! :)

Going to pick up a new HO A2 Syndicate next week in California. So excited to be upgrading from my current ski to the next evolution in rides for me. My current ski has been great to me and has allowed me to progress to where I am today!

Should be able to get out on it in the drysuit in the next couple weeks. Boat is ready but lakes aren't! :(

Of course it will be like learning to ski all over again. I remember making the switch from my old O'Brien to my current HO and it took me almost 3 weeks to get adjusted to how much stiffer, more responsive, and faster the new ski was compared to my old one?

No matter! When you're a happy camper you'll be willing to put forth the time to get that much better!

And whoever said it was easier to beg for permission than to ask for forgiveness????????? They were WRONG!!!!!

Damn now I love my boat driver now as much as I love my wife! Good thing they are same woman!!! LOL

Mikey
04-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Nice. Post up results after you try it a couple times. I'm on the Monza which is basically what you already have. Its a fast ski so curious on your take on your new ski. I have a buddy looking int a Senate which hopefully i will try out . Maybe next season a new ski????... I really love my ski so no rush just the same.

pmoomba
04-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Depending on what you're looking for take a look at ski-it-again.com; in addition to used (or barely used) you can sometimes find skis there that haven't been in the water or mounted at all at a pretty good discount. I picked up a new ski over the winter too and can't wait to get out. Next Friday if all goes according to plan.

There are a couple places that let you demo skis online too but think you have to be committed to buying "a" ski once you settle on which one. So if you know you're gonna pony up for a new one it might be worth demoing too.

ChrisK
04-04-2012, 02:58 PM
iwaterskihard, which ski are you moving away from?

skiyaker
04-04-2012, 05:02 PM
good to hear some others are getting new sticks this year. I just moved over to the Radar Vice from the Senate- similar feel except the Vice is lighter and a lot faster. The first cut I took I bailed because the speed surprised me but now that I'm used to it I really really like it. Took down all 6 balls last night at -15 28.6 and skied just inside 3&5 at 30.4.

skihard I hope you get out soon! I know how it feels to sit around looking at a new ski while the water is frozen! But of course if you're picking it up in California you should be able to grab a set or two before heading up north right?

Mikey
04-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Is that the ski you won ? I think it was you??

skiyaker
04-05-2012, 06:54 AM
yup that's me- won it from Ball Of Spray. I'm not sure I would have ever thought I'm worthy enough of such a ski to buy it, and after I won it I had to sit and stare at that thing all winter long!

Mikey
04-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Well now get out and use it and for those of us that will be waiting awhile ... PICS PLEASE.

skiyaker
04-05-2012, 08:53 PM
no problem Mikey I've been skiing every chance I get; 6 outings so far but who's counting? I owe you some action shots but this will have to do for now

kaneboats
04-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Dang, boy, you goin' snow skiin'?

skiyaker
04-05-2012, 09:20 PM
LOL I would KB if we had any mountains around here. actually that pic was March 10. We're in shorties now.

Mikey
04-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Thats called Nothern wear ,ie Drysuits. pretty much a must for us to get our seasons started. Down to shorties already,Now i'm really gettin Jelleous.

iwaterskihard
04-09-2012, 01:51 AM
iwaterskihard, which ski are you moving away from?

I am moving up from an HO Sysyem 8. Has been a great ski for me. Am sticking with the HO line as I have been very happy with with my ski.

I'm sure this new ski will take some time to get used too as the speed will no doubt be quite a bit faster than my current ski. I get to ski it on Monday. Just wished I had the opportunity to ski some prior as I haven't been on the water since last fall. Oh well.................I'll still have fun and hurt so good afterwards for a day or two?

But I will be doing it smiling! :)

iwaterskihard
04-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Well......what a trip. Have new ski in hand, ski'd it hard yesterday and got some great tips. It is going to take me some getting used too though and I wasn't going to do that all in a few passes.

Back to the Canadian north today. Should be able to ride it again in about 2 weeks in a drysuit.

Did I mention I'm sore as hell today too? Guess that's what happens when one hasn't ski'd since October of last year and when given the chance skis harder than he probably should have? LOL Just ol John Cougar said "HURTS SO GOOD!"

Signature updated and now have a System 8 blank for sale! :) I do have a brand new set of Wiley's bindings as well if anyone is interested?

C'mon spring & summer!!!!!!!

sled - 1
04-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Very cool :)

iwaterskihard
05-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Well it's official................I'm enjoying my new ride VERY MUCH!!!!! Didn't get any pics riding it last weekend but I am now finally starting to get the feel for it. Ski is fast and I love the open water ride on it at 22 off / 34mph. Damn just whip out there, lean hard, let er turn, pull hard, and enjoy the quickness through the turn and across the wake.

Hmm can anyone tell how excited I am it's FINALLY summer up here in Canada!!!!!! :D:D:D:D