PDA

View Full Version : Trim tab guage

WakeChaser
04-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Where can I order a trim tab guage for my '08 XLV Gravity Games Edition? Mine fell out yesterday!

moombahighrider
04-02-2012, 10:01 AM
I would just talk to Bennett directly, if that is who manufactured your tabs. They have always been super helpful to me when I have had questions.
They can at least steer you in the right direction.
http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/

WakeChaser
04-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks. It looks like the Gauge may be a Beede?? Have you ever replaced a gauge?

KSmith
04-02-2012, 11:40 AM
I had my temp gauge fall out. It broke around the bezel that holds it in. I just repaired mine, still hanging in there. Did the bezel just break or what happened to yours? To fix mine I just removed the case bezel from the dash, two nuts and bolts hold it onto the dash, then I lined it up with the gauge made sure everything would fit and then glued it back together with some 5200, let it sit for a week then put it back in the boat. It seems to me they overtightened it at the factory and put too much tension on it. I then backed off the mounts on all the other guages and retightened by hand plus 1/4 turn. No issues since.

WakeChaser
04-02-2012, 03:58 PM
I think mine broke just like yours did. I looked at it and I think I can epoxy it and replace it. I will give it a try.

Thanks again!

Clint

WakeChaser
04-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the advice Capt. I fixed it and repalced on Saturady...works great. $4 for epoxy...I like it!

Clint