PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Snow skiing.

Mikey
04-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Well for those on here posting,about starting your on water seasons . I /we just got back from a ski weekend of the other variety. We went to friends condo in Nearby ,3 hrs , Invermere BC to ski at Panarama Ski Resort. The snow is Fenominal , They Panarama ,like a few of the nearby ski resorts are going through a snow season of Record snow falls. This resort has had 660 cm of snow while a couple resorts have had 1100 +
cm . Thats about 35 ft,give or take.
The skiing was awesome and could go on and on but Most of the hills will close right at or after Easter weekend . I have to say i skiied till i could no more and likely thats it for the season. I say i had a good day and or season .......BUT i have to hope and pray. Late Sunday Afternoon they had an Avalanche ,in one of the borderline back area Bowls,depending on where exactly maybe inbounds,maybe outta bounds, but they are looking for two skiers maybe four,...Still unconfirmed.

I have to hope for the best. All i can say is i'm happy,safe and sound,and now ready for WATERSKI season to come soon. Pray for the others Please.

jmvotto
04-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Mikey, glad you had a great time and season.happy you are safe and sound. Will send prayers to the missing fellow skiers.
Avy season has been very high everywhere on the west, especially the PAC nw. I triggered a slide last year, skied out of it but mother nature is nothing to fool with.

Ps east coast skiing , worst season in 30 years.

moombabound
04-04-2012, 01:36 AM
Well, just now hitting the forum for the 1st time in six months...starting to think about summer.
This thread caught my eye.
FINALLY going skiing this weekend, after recovering sufficiently from a snowmobile accident a month ago. Frustrating, knowing the record snowfall in the hills.
But just to make one correction to your post re: "Most of the hills will close right at or after Easter weekend". No, no, no. Marmot is open until May 6 (one month after Easter); Sunshine until AT LEAST May 21 (6 weeks after Easter), rumor has it even longer if they can keep it staffed. So getcher snow skiis back out of the closet!

Mikey
04-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Actually i knew that. By that time i'm hoping to hit the water. Most resorts will close,usually due to staffing ,Not lack of snow and this year just happens to be even more snow than ever. Enjoy.