PDA

View Full Version : weighting 05 outback

Ironcross25
04-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Im not looking to load her out. Im thinking just tossing a sac under the back seat to give the wake a little more. I just got the boat and haven't seen the wake except for test drive. I don't want a bunch of sacs clogging the boat up so I thought one under the rear seat would work. whats the wake like? and how much can I fit under the seat? thanks

usaski1
04-01-2012, 06:08 PM
"under the seat" close to zero. with the seat in a sundeck position, a 750 lb sack. I keep my seat in the sundeck position all the time. I jsut fill and drain the sack according to if we are boarding or skiing. I can say that with a 750 + 3 people its pretty good to a dd...

Hoopskier
04-01-2012, 11:05 PM
I thought there was a Gravity 1 system for the Outback for under the rear seat. Dont have one, never seen one. I thought it was only around 200 lbs. Have to check with a dealer for this.

For more floor space, I just take the rear seat out most of the time. Seat doesnt sit that high off the floor vs just sitting on the floor-for the kids. Plus save wear and tear from people walking on it.

For ballast in my boat, I use 2 x 400 lbs sac with the tsunami pump over the side of the boat. Sac on each side of engine. Not as nice as built in like a vdrive but cheaper. There when you want it, out when you dont. Take about 10 min to fill both bags. Makes a nice wakeboard wake. It does use some floor space, but I dont feel its excessive and its tolerable. Never have enough space or storage in a boat.

Ironcross25
04-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Nice! I had no clue the back seat went up to make a bigger sun deck. Thanks for the input. Im tossing around what I want to do. I may start by adding one under seat and raising to sun deck position when full. Then as i get better and want a bigger wake add accordingly.

pickle311
04-02-2012, 01:50 PM
When I had my Outback, I ran a 750 under the rear seat and 2 150lb sacks in the bow. I found some that fit perfectly under the front seats. When I really wanted to kick it up I threw another 150 in the bow and put the 250 sack that came with the boat in the ski locker. That was about all the boat could handle and you had to really watch out for rollers, we took on water numerous times.

usaski1
04-03-2012, 07:21 AM
..umm.. The OB doesn't have a ski locker, unless you mean the gull wings in the back...

wolfeman131
04-03-2012, 07:38 AM
In 2005, the Outback LS did have a center ski locker in the floor/walkway area.

pickle311
04-04-2012, 03:56 PM
..umm.. The OB doesn't have a ski locker, unless you mean the gull wings in the back...

Yes, the rear storage area.