PDA

View Full Version : Tonights Lottery

FULL-THROTTLE
03-30-2012, 07:12 AM
Hello All moomba Fans,

If I win tonights 500 Million dollar lottery I will be buying a crap load of Moombas and handing them out, And thats a promise.

What would you do with it?

I thought it would be a fun thread

BensonWdby
03-30-2012, 07:21 AM
I would buy Greece

sandm
03-30-2012, 07:53 AM
it's quite amazing to think it's a half a billion dollars. that's a ton of cash to spend frivolously :)

I'd take some time off and travel. always wanted to head down to the south and do some boating. would love to tour a few boat factories as well. I see texas and florida as my 2 top destinations to check things out, but I would steer clear of the wakeboard capital of the world.... I hear there's a lot of old medicated people there..

wolfeman131
03-30-2012, 08:11 AM
I would buy Greece

Why would you do that when you could have 3 Moombas for the same amount of money?

DOCDRS
03-30-2012, 08:43 AM
Good luck Full.

kaneboats
03-30-2012, 09:08 AM
If I win tonights 500 Million dollar lottery I will be buying a crap load of Moombas and handing them out, And thats a promise.

Hmm, what would I do with it? If you gave me one of those Moombas I'd do the same thing I do with mine now. Enjoy the water with family and friends. Share the joy of watersports and family time with children as they grow up. I'd be respectful of others on the water and helpful to those in trouble. In short, I'd carry on the proud tradition of Moomba owners being classy on the water and having lots of fun. And beer, lots of beer!

jmvotto
03-30-2012, 09:09 AM
I would create a moomba supra Seniors tour so all us old hacks could get together and Drink and Ride..... LMAO

Big tricks like best face plants etc, That crap of the Defy video would not be allowed at least to be landed.....

jpetty3023
03-30-2012, 09:27 AM
I'd pay off all the bills, cush the college funds, buy a 242, and host the coolest SC meet ever known to man!!!! Tab for the coolest SC meet ever would be on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stazi
03-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Hello All moomba Fans,

I thought it would be a fun thread
Nice, I'd love a LF edition LSV or a Mojo or whatever....I'll be eternally gratefull and you'll be welcome to ride it whenever you like!

brain_rinse
03-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Mojo with a custom built Z5. :)

dusty2221
03-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Man, with that kind of money, I have a list of people that I would make sure were taken care of for life. Whats the point of being rich if you are the only one that has the freedom to do whatever? Work would turn into "projects" of doing things I enjoy vs coming to do something I'm sick of every day. New boat, new house (house, not mansion), no bills....ah to dream!

kaneboats
03-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Man, with that kind of money, I have a list of people that I would make sure were taken care of for life.

Thanks, man! That is very thoughtful of you.

Brando86
03-30-2012, 12:00 PM
I've never actually bought a lottery ticket.....until one hour ago lol. I figured why not?:)

newty
03-30-2012, 12:06 PM
I would buy Greece

I just about fell out of my chair when I read that.

I would create a moomba supra Seniors tour so all us old hacks could get together and Drink and Ride..... LMAO

Big tricks like best face plants etc, That crap of the Defy video would not be allowed at least to be landed.....

I'd join your tour. We'd have to hit every body of water (and brewery) from the east coast to the west.

Man, with that kind of money, I have a list of people that I would make sure were taken care of for life. Whats the point of being rich if you are the only one that has the freedom to do whatever? Work would turn into "projects" of doing things I enjoy vs coming to do something I'm sick of every day. New boat, new house (house, not mansion), no bills....ah to dream!

Well said. Definately set up my family and close friends for life. Travel, open a big shop doing everything marine paying people way too much to do a job they love.

Definetly hook up my church with load of cash.

harmsway
03-30-2012, 12:08 PM
I don't know if you all have ever seen the documentary on PBS were a couple of guys went to every state in the USA that had a lake big enough to ski in and skied. It took them like 30 days, there was some days they hit 2 states a day.

That would be on the top of my list, but I would spend more then 30 days doing it.

patrick232
03-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Payoff the bills, rental properties, house.
Give a lump sum to each family member with the rule they can never ask for more.
Give to schools, churches, other charties that we pick.
But the most important thing will be more spending time with the wife and kids. Take the wife and boys on a tour of all the TVA lakes.

mmandley
03-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Id do like several have said, pay off the house we just built, pay off the toys and then build mom a house and give her a M to retire with, pay everyone in the families bills off and give them few 100K to do what they wanted with. Id send 20K out to all my moomba buddies to help them pay down or off there boats, or what ever they needed. Id set all my close friends up with cash and what else i could do.

Then i would build a house on the lake with a boat garage for Fierah. Buy a 24Ft boat right next to her for the days when everyone comes out.

Buy a 30ft boat to move from the big lakes each year to vacation at, towing one of my wake boats to the lake of course.

Host a huge Moomba jam each year and pay everyones travel costs.
Buy me a fist full of Mc Donalds to make sure i never go broke.
Invest a couple M to make sure i can say i didnt something smart with my money LOL

you da man
03-30-2012, 06:24 PM
I'd buy a couple Eliminator boats...one 33' Daytona with triple Merc 300's and a second 36' Daytona with 1200Hp Teague motors. That's as far as boats goes.

zabooda
03-31-2012, 11:51 PM
The Mega Millions $640 million jackpot produced three winning tickets on Friday night. After the drawing, as the nation began to settle down from its lottery frenzy, thousands of Yahoo! readers commented on not beating the odds in order to strike it rich.
Some of the comments were hilarious, others showed honesty. And, as always, a few were a little too disturbing for general consumption.
Here are the top 10 editors' picks:
10) Maggy (Providence, Rhode Island): "I guess 1,2,3,4,5 with a Mega ball of 6 was a bad choice?"
9) Stugots: "Oh well I was going to split it with all the Yahoo comment posters maybe next week."
8) Brian (Mt. Prospect, Illinois): "Guess i told my boss 'to shove it' a little earlier than i should have..."
7) Gracie: "I won Ten Dollars, Please no Phone calls."
6) Queenie: "Is any Lotto money still going to ED-Joo-KAY-shun?"
5) Norman: "Well honey, there is bad news and there is good news.......the bad news is that we didn't win anything in the MegaLottery......the good news is that we won't be hearing from your relatives."
4) AstroBoy: "I am glad it is over, now I can go back to fantasizing about women again instead of money."
3) Vik (Miami, Florida): "Only time I won a lottery was in 1972 when I was drafted into military service at #85. So did I win or did I lose?"
2) John Joe: "Now [the winners] can afford to buy gas."
1) Justin Kase: "At least not winning saves a whole lot of deleting of Facebook friends this morning."