PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass wizards... I need you.

usaski1
03-29-2012, 11:19 PM
So I have Stargazer (unknown ver) on my Outback, and its always done this, but its exibiting a behavior I don't like. I have it set on wakeboard, GPS mode. I have it set for about 21mph. When I accellerate, it gots to about 23 before beeping and then has to slow itself down to the required 21mph. Eating up valuable lake space (private lake) I heard that you could adjust the CR/CS value, and the manual seems to point out that you can adjust either the CS or CR seperately. However. It seems on my version the CR/CS is a single value. The factory default was about 1950, and I brought it down to about 1750... but didn't see much of an improvement. Ideas? Others have issues with SG overshooting the speed and then setting back down? One other thing, on gps mode, it really zooms in the turns.. any way to manually drive the turns?

bergermaister
03-30-2012, 01:18 AM
I have Stargazer as well and if I remember right you want to adjust the KDW setting for the throttle sensitivity. At the factory setting mine tends to go over the speed and then backs down too. I know that is an adjustment you can play with if you are heavily loaded with ballast but I imagine it is the same deal if you are unloaded and fine tuning.

This is from the manual the came with mine-
"KDW (Throttle Pull Rate) – KDW can be changed using up or down keys. The higher
the value, the more aggressive the control. Heavy boats may need higher values. Factory
setting is about 90. Normal range is 40 – 150. (If this value is set too high, the control
may become a little erratic and engagement may not be as smooth). Some boats may
need a lower value if control is not smooth."

As for the turns- yeah, it seems to haul ass. I have noticed my gauge telling me it wants more throttle during the turns A LOT but I tend to ignore it usually.

Here's what the manual says about that-
DRIVING TIP:
Ideally when you enter a sharp turn at the end of the lake or turn island, you should:
1. Leave the handle forward so system remains fully engaged through turn so
you do not see the “More Throttle” message on screen; OR
2. Slow down going into turn so system disengages, then advance handle to reengage
as you straighten out heading towards course.

kaneboats
03-30-2012, 08:53 AM
Good stuff, berg, nice job!

usaski1
03-30-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm going to have to try that KDW setting.. I tried CR/RS (or whatever) last night, and it did not work. Hopefully under wakeboard mode I have the KDW setting. I have the 3 event version (outback.. we SKI!) so I don't know I'f I'll have KDW. Feel kinda dumb on that answer, it did come right out of the manual!

usaski1
03-30-2012, 09:55 PM
I dont have a KDW mode... I do have a "setpoint" but it was already set pretty low. maybe I need to really drop it. frustrating... I need to call Perfect Pass.

kaneboats
03-31-2012, 03:05 AM
Best thing to do is call them while you are out on the water, if possible. I've seen posts from others where PP offered great help.