PDA

View Full Version : Tablerock Lake

qb12
06-17-2005, 09:44 AM
Has anyone gone to tablerock lake in missouri. I know it is a great lake but it has been many years since I have been there and thinking about going up here for the 4th.

Does anyone know of a resort (cabin) that they could recommend.

Thanks for all help.

Doug, Tulsa

smokedog2
06-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Great question. Right now that is the lake my wife and I think we want to retire too (although - we have never been there, we did live in Tulsa foar three years around 94th and yale?)

I want lake front, dock, restricted comunity. I'd like to buy the lot now and build in a few years.

If you see something nice, please let me know.

SD2

Will Watters
06-17-2005, 11:17 AM
As a kid growing up in KC, we would drive down to the Ozarks and I had a friend whose retired Grand Dad lived in a cabin by Table Rock Lake. It was a wonderful place I remember helping fiberglass their pontoon boat, getting shocked while in the water when the dock's light or boat lift switch was energized (I assume he had grounded the electric boat lift/lighting via the water!!) and he drove an old pickup for garbage runs which used a stick for the accelerator and salad oil for the engine (believe it or not, this thing was a site to see). Have not been there since the mid 70's, it was a great place back then!!

Will

qb12
06-17-2005, 11:30 AM
smokedog2,

how is the new boat.

i learned to ski on tablerock in '75. always stayed at the "cove" in kimberling city. it really is a wonderful lake and some nice home. i will look around for you if we go.

by the way skiatook lake is really getting busy with comp boats. there is three moomba's out there including mine.

did you ever pull the new boat with the highlander.

take care..

doug, tulsa

smokedog2
06-17-2005, 12:25 PM
The new boat is great. I've got 18 hours on it and it is in for it's 20 hour oil change. I dropped it off Monday looking to pick it up today. I just talked with them and it will be ready in a couple hours. From there I'm headed to the lake again. I'm toying with hitting the BassPro shop first, we'll see what I can get done here in the next hour or two.

No Highlander pulling yet. I'll let you know.

SD2

qb12
06-17-2005, 12:29 PM
sd2, i bought mine with 64 hrs on it. have already hit 97. not planning on slowing down much.

t town is growing like crazy.

have fun and be safe

doug0446
06-18-2005, 10:06 AM
table rock lake in MO is great, clean water and not too busy (like lake of the ozarks)

It is 3 hours away from KC where I live so I boat on a closer lake (pomona) but I would prefer table rock lake

I just took out my new XLV yesterday and it was a great day on the lake. I am still getting use the the big wake and learning to drive an V drive vs a I/O. Backing up is a little different.

qb12
07-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Smokedog, just got back from tablerock. It was great.

Just wanted to let you know we found a slalom course at the channel marker 6. Super nice people over there and everyone took their turns. Best to get there early.

smokedog2
07-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Glad to here it.

I’m just about recovered from the 4th. I had a friend with a 91 DD Supra out and finally had another driver so I could get a pull or two. Great fun. He is working 6/10’s so has not even un-winterized his boat this year.

The Tuesday I was at the dealer dropping off my outboard and Ron had already called about getting his DD fixed up to sell so he can get a new v-drive for next year when as he put it “I’ll just move out here (my lake house) and keep an eye on things for you.” (He is working himself out of a job and should be done early next year.)

I need to make a run to Table Rock myself but weekends are about it for me. I don’t want to waste one driving my brains out.

I’ll see if I can fine a good picture to attach. Hey, here is one of me behind my own boat!

SD2

Oh, he had not been on a new boat in awhile. He scoffed at PP when I was showing it. It will be on his next boat. It was 85+ but his wife discovered the heaters. Another non-optionable option.

He also about had heart failure when he jammed the throttle past 90 deg and the motor cut out. He thought he broke the throttle cable. fun fun fun. I have yet to get a hammock nap yet though.

qb12
08-12-2005, 09:18 AM
Smokedog, Just wanted to let you know we are heading back to Table Rock lake for labor day. Try to get away and head down there.

Doug, t-town

smokedog2
08-12-2005, 10:34 AM
We are waiting for a call back from the realtor right now, my wife is off today. We are going to go out this fall when my parents and kid coverage move back to winter in Ohio (they summer on North Dakota).

My wife is now thinking Dale Hollow, so we will likely go look at both.

I'm still pulling for MO.

SD2

qb12
08-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Smokedog, good luck with talking your wife into moving there. By the way the lake is right now 4 1/2 feet low. Hope it goes okay. Need some rain here in t-town badly. Tenkiller is 8 ft low. Thank goodness Skiatook is only 1 1/2 low so we will be going there on Sunday. Son has a football scrimage on Saturday.