PDA

View Full Version : Cable parks are pretty awesome!

bzubke1
03-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Being boatless and the weather getting nice i've been going to the cable park quite a bit lately, the first few times I went I hated it because I went from being good behind the boat to sucking, but now i'm starting to like it almost as much as riding behind the boat. It's quite a bit different but I would urge anybody who likes riding behind the boat to give it a try if you have one in your area. It's a nice alternative, you don't have to find a crew and you don't have to worry about all the idiots on the water.

bhowell
03-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Agreed. The cable is fun. Ramps and rails are alot of fun and air tricks if you can pull them.

Great place to learn or develop something like switch too.

KG's Supra24
03-28-2012, 02:07 PM
I ate it my first trip out, right at the take off. I guess I just wasn't ready for it.

After that it was a blast. It's fun to hit rails and the kickers were pretty fun as well.

It's nice not feeling too guilty about taking a quick fall.

bzubke1
03-28-2012, 02:22 PM
I fell off the dock my first time too. I do like the aspect of not feeling guilty if you try the same trick 10x in a row and fall every time, swimming to shore sucks though. Anyone else feel like you can progress much faster at the cable park?

usaski1
03-28-2012, 09:59 PM
tried the cable park near my house. Didnt like it.. If I didn't have my own boat, might be cool... but I much rather be behind a boat. Won't be back. Didn't like not having a wake, didnt like having to make sure I ws going through the correct bouys a the turns.

jmvotto
03-28-2012, 10:43 PM
How do you get back on the cable when you eat it.? Or do you just swim your sorry arse out of the way of on coming boarders and walk back to the dock with your tail between your legs....

KG's Supra24
03-28-2012, 10:48 PM
You got it jm. if you fall in the noddle it can be a pain.

Bzubke, I can see different aspects of learning tricks. I think it could give you confidence but not sure how much actually translates to boat.

It makes you much lighter on your feet being pulled from above vs from a boat

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Inliner
03-29-2012, 03:28 PM
I rode at OWC over the weekend and had a blast! I ripped my Jobe Tempest kneeboard through their slalom course (full) and knocked down 4 balls. I had trouble going from #2 to #3 because the #3 ball is at the center of the unsupported section of the cable. I was coming up 20 feet or so behind the balls and would wait to start my rip for the next ball just before the ball passed, clipping it with my inside elbow as I passed. But going from #2 to #3 the cable would stretch from my hard edge and when I would release the edge to begin the turn, the cable would snap back and POW, instant slack. By the time the slack came out of the line, I was late to #3 (passed it by the time cable caught up) and would ride on top of #4. Had to really work to figure out how to get #4!

bzubke1
03-29-2012, 07:25 PM
I honestly hated it the first few times I tried it. It will never replace boat for me but it's fun when you can't get a boat crew together.

you da man
04-01-2012, 01:04 AM
I won't try cable for two reasons: 1. I enjoy the boating lifestyle...not just riding behind a boat. 2. I hate the crumb-snatchers (kids, young teens) that go to cable parks.

wolfeman131
04-01-2012, 07:57 AM
2. I hate the crumb-snatchers (kids, young teens) that go to cable parks.

Jet & Dusty have asked that you be banned for violating the guideline below:

5) Personal attacks, mean-spirited comments, and abusive behavior are not tolerated

Inliner
04-04-2012, 06:09 AM
Funny part of his statement is that the # of us old farts that go is surprising! I had a blast and so did the rest of the old farts with me. The next time I will hit the small kickers and rails with my trick ski. Didn't have a helmet this trip but will for the next one. That's my way of saying I will go again!