PDA

View Full Version : SeaDek???? Hello????

KG's Supra24
03-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Anyone talk to Seadek recently?

I've called multiple times, left a voicemail, and I believe an inquiry from the website. This has been over the span of a week or so.

Now the voice mailbox is full so I can't leave a message.

kaneboats
03-27-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm sure they are getting hammered. It's been spring in FL for a while now.

KSmith
03-27-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm sure they are getting hammered. It's been spring in FL for a while now.

Still not an excuse IMO

dusty2221
03-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Agreed, beyond a week to even return a call..come on now.

kaneboats
03-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Still not an excuse IMO

I don't know. Spring is as good of an excuse as any to get hammered.

wolfeman131
03-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Kinda like an accountant this time of year not having time to post some decent pics of his new boat stereo?!?!

jpetty3023
03-27-2012, 01:25 PM
And summer, and fall, and you get the point...

KSmith
03-27-2012, 01:30 PM
I don't know. Spring is as good of an excuse as any to get hammered.

Certainly can't argue with that logic ;-)

dusty2221
03-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Kinda like an accountant this time of year not having time to post some decent pics of his new boat stereo?!?!

Right? You would think, after basically getting about 24 hours of work done over a weekend with a bud some good pics would have been the first thing taken.

Smh. Typ.

KG's Supra24
03-27-2012, 01:33 PM
I like to get hammered as much as the next guy but .... wait, what does getting hammered have to do with anything?

Drew, you got it. I am busy with work and therefore cannot play. No seriously, I just dont have any solid pics yet. They will come, oh they will come :)

KG's Supra24
03-27-2012, 03:10 PM
I got someone on the phone!!

Sadly it was full of disappointing news .. dont have my pattern, dont do red, dont recommend black.

ian ashton
03-27-2012, 03:57 PM
I went with a non-UV color that they won't warranty as well, and it has held up fine and looks great. My boat spends every summer day in the sun and water, platform uncovered, and if it has faded I haven't noticed. As you know mine is black and blue and Moomba all over.

jmvotto
03-27-2012, 04:22 PM
I went with a non-UV color that they won't warranty as well, and it has held up fine and looks great. My boat spends every summer day in the sun and water, platform uncovered, and if it has faded I haven't noticed. As you know mine is black and blue and Moomba all over.

Ditto I did Black as well over mica and it held up just fine. but its two northerns opinion...we dont get the southern sun...

KG's Supra24
03-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Yea, I understand they don't warranty black for shrinkage .. I knew that before calling. I just guess I didn't realize they don't offer the color red for anything. Not the bottom color or top color.

wolfeman131
03-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Probably b/c it will turn pink. Not a problem for Dusty, but for most it would be.

dusty2221
03-27-2012, 05:00 PM
I have some samples of Hydroturf on the way to take a look at. I may go that route this year.

wolfeman131
03-27-2012, 06:20 PM
are the new, non-surf Supra platforms different dimensions than yours? I ask as SeaDek is now stock on Supras and you may find an easier route ordering through a dealer.

KG's Supra24
03-27-2012, 07:00 PM
I have a pointy deck ... :D

I don't think the platform is the same. I might give the local dealer a shout. He said they were 280'ish but I don't know if that was the new one (not knowing my platform is different), the old crummy one I pulled off mine, or what it was for.

KG's Supra24
06-15-2012, 09:59 PM
This process is obnoxiously slow.

Was told it would ship this week (after already being late) and I still have no tracking number.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WaterBullDawg1980
06-15-2012, 10:47 PM
This is where they need to pony up and hire someone else to plug in somewhere. Sure it costs more but negative pub and possible opportunities lost would far outweigh that cost. Plus your being a good American and creating jobs!

Can't believe you are still having trouble KG.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dusty2221
06-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Yeah, the wait has been ridiculous.

wolfeman131
06-16-2012, 01:11 AM
I'm on their fb page and it looks like they have landed a lot of OEM contracts and forgotten those that helped them get to where they are today. Typical & sad. They will lose a contract, just as everyone does, then wonder why they can't get any individual sales.

jpetty3023
06-16-2012, 07:22 PM
I've got 2 requests in my self and not heard a peep from them

brad460
06-16-2012, 08:40 PM
The problem seems to be a lack of an alternative option! Obviously there is room for another business providing the same product...I bet if they had some competition they would answer the phone immediately. Kinda has me thinking....

Cigars n scotch
06-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Can I ask what you guys are wanting from seadeck? Just curious. Are you looking to replace your swimdeck pad?

dusty2221
06-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Just a simple platform pad.

KG's Supra24
06-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Yea, I wanted to cancel my order but I don't know what I'd do. I'm stuck.

I'm replacing my stock pad BC it was worn and I've heard alot of good things about the look and feel of seadeck. However they are SLOW

wolfeman131
06-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Kyle,

Is ur platform same size as current? I might have an idea.

Let me see if I can find out if the OEM for the new Moomba pad is interested in doing something for us. I think its as nice as my seadek pad, just a little different feel.

KG's Supra24
06-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Lol, deja vu ... No its not the same as current. There was a year or two of different shaped platforms

wolfeman131
06-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Well, I have another idea. Don't you want/need a new surf platform anyway?

jpetty3023
06-16-2012, 10:38 PM
I love it when wolfey starts getting ideas in his head. Any ideas that work for an 09 bouncing around in your head wolfey?

Sent from my home phone..

wolfeman131
06-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Stay tuned.

Im fried right now. Spent the day @ the Grand Canyon. Family hiked an hour or so into it and I got to hike out w/ my 4 yr old son on my shoulders. Found a local establishment w/ ice cold beer and I'm loving life right now.

KG's Supra24
06-17-2012, 10:21 AM
At this point I need one before someone busts their head getting in and out of the boat. Been running without a pad since we started summer.

KEH
06-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Howdy

Just thought I would post my Seadek experience to date...
I am in the process of replacing my original black platform pad on my 2009 LSV, due to the fact it bleeds black ink and leaves foot prints all over my vinyl.
Keep in mind all my shipping and correspondence has been to Canada.
I started the process over the winter by ordering up some of the samples. Shipping was quick and I received them in about a week or so.
As spring approached I requested the template kit and shipping again took about a week. Not bad from Florida to Alberta, Canada.
I shipped the template back around the 15th of May and shortly after it arrived (based on tracking number) I received an email stating they had the template and they would be in touch to confirm the details.
Within a few days I received a drawing with dimensions for approval.
Had a few phone calls to confirm some dimensions that seemed a bit off and never had a problem speaking with a rep.
Order was approved and was sent off from production on June 5th.
In the canned email they state 4-5 weeks for production, but after speaking to the rep he stated he was confident it would be produced sooner.
Now I am just waiting for the email stating it is complete and shipped.

Not sure what the problems are lately other than it is likely their busiest time of year.
All of my emails have been answered promptly, phone calls were answered during business hours, and if I left a message I was called back within a day or two.
Most of my dealing were with Joe Norton and he has been very professional.
Hopefully my luck hasn't run out...
I'll post when the pad has been shipped and arrived.

Cheers

KG's Supra24
06-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Keh, I hope all works out timely for you. It looks like they have lowered the bar on their expectations.

In the canned email they state 4-5 weeks for production, but after speaking to the rep he stated he was confident it would be produced sooner.

What I was told April 19: "Lead time to receive the drawing is roughly 1-2 weeks. Once you approve the drawing production of your order will take 2-3 weeks."

What I was told on May 8: "Just a reminder, your product will be made custom so please allow 3-4 weeks for production."

Most of my dealing were with Joe Norton and he has been very professional.

That is who I have been dealing with as well and he has been good to respond to email. Only contact issues I had was back when this started and I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone.

Definitely update us on arrival time as I'm now real curious, especially since you were told it would be quicker on June 5th. This is what I was told on June 8th ... "Your order should ship by the end of next week. Lead times in manufacturing have increased due to over booked capacity."

KG's Supra24
06-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Here is my timeline:

April 12: Pics sent and tracking says my package arrived there.

April 19: Received a quote based on my template. Was told once I approve the drawing it will take 2 to 3 weeks. Was told to expect a 1 to 2 week lead time for the drawing.

More than 2 weeks pass from the quote. Over 3 weeks from the time they received the pictures and template.

May 8: Received the drawing for approval.

May 10: I got confirmation that the approval had been accepted and told there was now a 3 to 4 week lead time.

4 weeks pass ... I send a follow up email.

June 8: "Your order should ship by the end of next week. Lead times in manufacturing have increased due to over booked capacity."

Here we are June 18 ... I still do not have a tracking number.

I had envisioned a month to month and half process at best. I was originally told 1 to 2 weeks for drawing and then 2 to 3 weeks for production. That's 5 weeks max, add an extra week for shipping = month and a half.

I am into this over 2 months now.

KEH
06-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Sounds like I should lower my expectations....
I would guess I'll be caught up in the same back log as you.
Squeaky wheel usually gets the grease so in your case I would keep squeaking to Seadek!
I'll be sure to post any updates and please do the same.
Good Luck

Cheers
Kirk

ChrisK
06-18-2012, 02:34 PM
That's terrible...

FWIW, I asked for some samples and got all 5 within a week. This was a couple weeks ago now.

Sounds like it's just what they're telling you, overbooking manufacturing of the custom items. If I were them, I'd avoid overbooking themselves so they don't lose customers when complaints start rolling in, as it seems is happening here.

Jaysurf
06-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that a few of you are unhappy with the service and turnaround times you've been experiencing this season. We have seen an unprecedented increase in business in the past few months and we are working hard to increase capacity. We've done much more than simply plug a new person into place or hire a laborer. Since February we have hired and trained more than a dozen new employees, made major capitol investment in machines and raw material, implemented a full-time second and part time third shift and we're running weekends as well. It is no loner a matter of simply throwing people at the problem. We have designed and are having built new machines which will increase capacity dramatically, this of course will take a little time.

A reference was made by a forum member to new OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer’s – boat builders) business and yes, new OEM orders are growing at just about the same rate as custom and retail orders and lead times for OEMs have stretch as well. That said, we value their business just as much as any other and have made every effort to allocate time and resources for all of our customers. Joe Norton has worked hard to try and answer everyones questions in a timely manner and keep customers up to date on their order status and we've hired and are training new customer service personnel to answer general phone calls. We can still do better.

I realize none of this will make much difference to the customer who is waiting on their SeaDek pad. In this day and age of ecommerce and next day shipping of goods manufactured overseas, people expect their products very quickly. The product we make is a bit different. Every pad we make is essentially a custom product. Even if we have the outline, colors have to be laminated, sheets embossed and the adhesive applied. If requested, custom logos and teak patterns must be added to the pattern by the CAD department. Once the drawings are complete the dimensions must then be verified by the customer to ensure proper fit because with many OEMs even boats of the same year, make and model could have platforms pulled from similar but not exact same molds. All these things add up to a respectable base lead time.

I'm not trying to make excuses. We made it through the recession by the skin of our teeth and survived to see, what for us has been, a very robust recovery. We are doing everything we can with the resources we have to increase capacity and keep the customers, like you guys who helped us survive, happy. We hope you'll bare with us.

Sincerely,
Jason Gardner
CoOwner and VP of Advertising

jpetty3023
06-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the insight jaysurf. Since we have your attention here in this forum can you look into my request. I actually have done 2 in the last 3 or so months but haven't heard, or received my samples in the mail. If you need any more information besides my name feel free to PM me good sir.

Jason Petty

Jaysurf
06-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Just sent you a PM Jason.

KSmith
06-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks Jaysurf,

It is really nice to have a vendor involved like this. The interaction is very much appreciated.

Edit: I love my 3 pc gray teak with the Roo!!!

jpetty3023
06-20-2012, 04:28 PM
I replied back jaysurf (Jason), and like Ksmith said...thanks for getting involved and attempting to make this right. Nice to see you take a few minutes out of your hectic schedule to make right by the consumer

KEH
06-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Seadek pad arrived on June the 27th.
Took just a little over 3 weeks (including shipping) after it went into the production phase. I'll post some photos once I get a chance

Cheers

dusty2221
06-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Mine came in as well, thanks to KG! I got it on last night, love it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/dusty2221/Mobile%20Uploads/20120628_193840.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/dusty2221/Mobile%20Uploads/20120628_194317.jpg

bergermaister
06-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Looks sharp man.

motosno963
06-29-2012, 09:39 PM
i want jaysurfs platform set up( his pro pic) but i dont think they make it anymore

dusty2221
06-29-2012, 10:11 PM
That's Ian Ashton's platform in his profile pic.

Did you contact seadek and ask if they could do something similar for you or are you just drunk talking again?

wolfeman131
06-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Where the hell is the "like" button?!?!?

jmvotto
06-29-2012, 11:20 PM

Did you contact seadek and ask if they could do something similar for you or are you just drunk talking again?

Lmao , yes drew we need a like button.

motosno963
06-30-2012, 04:08 PM

Did you contact seadek and ask if they could do something similar for you or are you just drunk talking again?lol shut up i didnt know whos it was..i like to add comments before i look deep into things as you can tell..i looked on there page but nothin like that so it would have to be custom order

KSmith
06-30-2012, 04:45 PM
I once saw a rat snake eat a frog down by the creek. Then there was this other time a really big freaking beetle of some kind was hanging off the boat bumper down at the the dock, I mean it was huge!! I was only about 6 then but it was freaking huge! We tried to capture it but it fell into the water and swam away. I wouldn't go in the water by the dock after that. Then there was the time my brother and I were catching rats in a barn near the campground, man can those things fight.

motosno963
06-30-2012, 05:10 PM
i get the feeling people are messing with me

bergermaister
07-01-2012, 01:34 AM
http://uc.exteenblog.com/itsmelove/images/See%20no%20Evil%20Hear%20no%20Evil%20Speak%20no%20 Evil%201.jpg

KEH
07-01-2012, 03:02 AM
Here is the finished product

KSmith
07-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Sweet!!!!!

moombacraze
07-01-2012, 02:16 PM
That looks great! That is for sure a future upgrade!

KG's Supra24
07-09-2012, 02:06 PM
I ended up getting mine in the week I complained ... squeeky wheel syndrome I suppose.

Haven't really had a chance to snap pics as I now have a failed axle on the trailer ... that and just haven't thought about it. We have been out a couple times and it is nice to not have a slick surface on there.

All in all its seems like a great pad, the timing was just less than desirable. I do wish I could have gotten red, though.

E4NASH
09-04-2012, 09:35 AM
I ended up getting mine in the week I complained ... squeeky wheel syndrome I suppose.

Haven't really had a chance to snap pics as I now have a failed axle on the trailer ... that and just haven't thought about it. We have been out a couple times and it is nice to not have a slick surface on there.

All in all its seems like a great pad, the timing was just less than desirable. I do wish I could have gotten red, though.

I, too now have a slick surface and will probably order another Seadek pad this off season. That way I won't be waiting impatiently for weeks on end. Looked today and they say up to 5 weeks for delivery. The boat will be or close to be winterized in 5 weeks from now! Still can't believe the factory pad started coming up so soon. Hopefully the sea deck will stick down better this time. On our old boat after we replaced the nasty black pad with Sea Deck it started coming up and flapping in the surf side corners. This is the same thing that happened with the factory mat. This factory mat eventually made it 1/4 of the way off. Last weekend I went ahead and pulled it all the way off. Wonder if the surf platform addresses this? It might but it will be hard for me to fork out $1100 for a new platform...

KG's Supra24
09-04-2012, 09:42 AM
I've had good luck with the pad staying on so far. However, the whole platform came off this weekend, lol.

From my experience, it is definitely an off season order.

KSmith
09-04-2012, 10:09 AM
the whole platform came off this weekend, lol..

!?!??!?!? What happened??

KG's Supra24
09-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Last year my pin broke that holds the platform bracket in place. My fix was a stainless bolt and locknuts. This past weeknd, the bracket itself broke where the bolt goes through ..... and then .... that put enough pressure on the other side to rip the screws out of the deck that hold it to the bracket.

Shouldn't be a tough fix, just a pain.

ian ashton
09-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Just sent you a PM Jason.

I love that my platform pad is your avatar!