PDA

View Full Version : New member, Have a question

Ironcross25
03-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Hello all,

I just got back from a 800 mile round trip journey to pick up my new (to me) 2005 moomba outback. She has 305 hrs on her. My question is the boat did not have a stereo in it but all wiring and harness is there including controller on dash. what head unit did they come with in 05? and if i get that brand will i just be able to plug and go as long as it is truly the same? thanks

jpetty3023
03-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Welcome to the forum IronCross, where ya from? I can't be of much help with our stereo question but someone will hook you up soon enought. Great looking boat by the way

VA LSV
03-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Kenwood was used in 05. KMR-330 is compatable with the wired remote.

Ironcross25
03-24-2012, 02:00 PM
thanks.
Im in uniontown ohio.

jmb
03-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Mine is the Kenwood KMR 225. I have an 05' Outback. Came with the boat

mmandley
03-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Welcome Iron Cross,

Personally i wouldnt be as worried about finding a deck to match the remote you have in the boat. The remotes are cheap to replace.

When looking for a deck pick what you like, as for features, your price point to spend, then look to see what remotes are compatable with it.

Things to consider when buying a headunit, Is it Marine classified, i find it important to make sure my Deck and Cabin speakers are Marine certified because they will get wet, wet hands, fingers, splashes.

Also look at making sure the deck has 4V Pre Outs to the amps, if it doesnt are you planning on running a Line Driver of some sort, WS420, Exile ZLD, or one of several other brands. Its important your Amps get quality signal from the deck.

As for wiring up the Deck its going to be easy if thats a concern, power and ground right to the battery so you dont get noice and feedback. RCAs to the Amps, Most of that wire bundle is speaker wirres, you wont need it at the deck those all goto the amps. Blue wire can be ran to the amps as the remote start, you can safely split this 3x to run a 3 amp system, after that i think people are using a relay so it doesnt hurt the deck.

Lots of big audio system and tons of advise on here.

sandm
03-26-2012, 01:27 PM
mike is pushing toward a good point.
what's the end goal for the boat/stereo system.

-decent sound and simplicity, stick to the replacement deck that came with the boat. tried and true working design.
-want to upgrade to a bumpin system, then follow mike's advice and look for a deck that has the features you want.

It all boils down to what you want out of the stereo. a nice factory sound that keeps the family happy or pushing into the realms that will make the party-cove crowd jealous..

welcome and nice boat :)

Hootreville
03-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Not much input on the stereo, but I own the same boat but with a Monster tower. Love it!!! Congrats on the purchase and happy boating.

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-26-2012, 07:53 PM
welcome to the moomba crew. where is your main boating lake?

Ironcross25
03-26-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm not looking at going crazy. I just ordered the kmr 330. I plan to add 2 tower speakers by summer and that's all. Thanks for all the tips.

My main lakes I boat at are Springfield lake which is a small lake but it's down the street. Also hit westbrach and others in the vicinity.