PDA

View Full Version : vegasbound this weekend

sandm
03-22-2012, 08:20 AM
one of the parental units is having a hard time, so sis and I are driving to vegas for a quick weekend trip :)

looking forward to 2 things...

cheap liquor to bring home(40% less than local prices from the state-run stores) and......

http://partners.visitrenotahoe.com/assets/423/in_and_out.jpg

renting a car to keep gas mileage high and miles off any of my old decrepid rides...
had a hyundai elantra last year and loved it for a midsize car. next trip was a chevy impala. it was a total piece of shiot. begged enterprise for a ford fusion and hoping I get one to compare the 3.

jpetty3023
03-22-2012, 10:07 AM
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, have fun!

viking
03-22-2012, 03:55 PM
OH MAN. I love the Double Double. My mouth is watering :)

wolfeman131
03-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Made me crave one for breakfast.

Best shot at replicating one in the ATL is Five Guys. Close, but not exactly the same. Heading there with the kids in a bit while Momma is at a PTA meeting.

WaterBullDawg1980
03-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Drew: 5 Guys is WAAAY overrated. You've bought into the hype! Never had In and Out, but I was just in Vegas (Drew, if you remember, I was on the phone with you navigating strip traffic) and ALMOST stopped and tried. Decided my arteries didn't need anymore clogging.

Didn't get to do all that much while I was there, but I went to a comedy show in the Planet Hollywood that was hilarious. Wish I had seen a show. Next time I go I am definitely going to see the King.

wolfeman131
03-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I know but what other options do we have around here?

I like the burgers at Ted's, but too expensive for the kids.

mmandley
03-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Drew: 5 Guys is WAAAY overrated. You've bought into the hype! Never had In and Out, but I was just in Vegas (Drew, if you remember, I was on the phone with you navigating strip traffic) and ALMOST stopped and tried. Decided my arteries didn't need anymore clogging.

Didn't get to do all that much while I was there, but I went to a comedy show in the Planet Hollywood that was hilarious. Wish I had seen a show. Next time I go I am definitely going to see the King.

I agree we have 5 brothers up here, if you like real greasy fries and burgers, or want 3 or more burger pattys then this is a good place to go.

Been to my first IN-N-Out last year in Cali, and felt same way, greasy, cheap eats but just didnt live to the hipe with me.

IM not even sure if we have In-N-Outs up in the Portland area, i dont recall seeing one but i couldnt be mistaken, another place simular i have never tried is White House LOL.

jmvotto
03-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Five guys takes about 5 months off your life expectancy every trip.... Lol. But it is so worth it.

sandm
03-26-2012, 01:21 PM
another place simular i have never tried is White House LOL.

sure you aren't talking white castle? remember: White castle fries only come in one size...

almost every burger joint will make you what you want. in-n-out has a "secret" menu that you can order off of, such as the three by three or burger king and the octowhopper..

5 guys is a good burger, but way too much on the fries.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a little grease now and again. keeps the good cholesterol in check :)

wolfeman131
03-26-2012, 02:52 PM
On their 1986 album Licensed to Ill, the Beastie Boys referenced White Castle in not one song, not two songs, but five songs:

Hold It Now – Hit It!
The New Style
Slow And Low
Girls
Slow Ride

Why do I know this? High school, beer & growing up in the home town of White Castle!

sandm
03-26-2012, 06:34 PM
^^ ding ding ding.. we have a winner..

glad I'm not the only one that knows the reference there :)

newty
03-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Say hi to this guy when you're there!
http://www.lvrj.com/health/las-vegas-man-suffering-from-100-pound-scrotum-needs-1-million-for-surgery-131962533.html