PDA

View Full Version : Weather

jmb
03-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Check the weather for the next few days. Guess where JMB is headed for Friday afternoon, Saturday & Sunday. I believe its time. Wetsuit ready. Wife has an IV for an infection this week but thank god for a tower that will hold the IV bag. Nothing a coat hanger can't handle. Thank god she is not reading this. She would kill me!!!

ryan_8099
03-13-2012, 09:24 PM
This weather has just been insane. Supposed to be 71 where I live tomorrow and a high of 78 where our cottage is. The ice won't last much longer! Once the water temp hits the mid 50s I'll be out there! Jealous of your nice weather down there!

kaneboats
03-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Check the weather for the next few days. Guess where JMB is headed for Friday afternoon, Saturday & Sunday. I believe its time. Wetsuit ready. Wife has an IV for an infection this week but thank god for a tower that will hold the IV bag. Nothing a coat hanger can't handle. Thank god she is not reading this. She would kill me!!!

Jack, nothing's gonna stop you. Go get 'em! BTW, 2 of mine may be coming your way for a visit in April.

WaterBullDawg1980
03-13-2012, 10:24 PM
You deserve it sir!

Have fun!

rc5695
03-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Lol. Good luck man. I'm sure my kids will be bugging me too...We might just have to find a ramp I can put in on...

newty
03-14-2012, 01:04 PM
IV bag off the tower... lol happend last year on our annual man trip, little different circumstances though. I have a paramedic buddy we call captain america cause he'll bag you if you pass out. 2 years ago he stitched up my brother in law on my swim platform after a bottle opening "incident". Lets just say he's always prepaired. Good times... We use liquor to sterilize the wounds and to dull/kill the pain.

Speaking of dulling the pain, this is our weather till July.:cry: http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Vancouver+WA+98685

bergermaister
03-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Newt - you get snow on your side of town yesterday? Woke up with a WTF to 1.5" of heavy wet slop on the ground... I used to think of the Daylight Savings changeover as my official start of Spring. Guess not.

As you said before - time to get out of depressionville for a while.

kaneboats
03-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Speaking of dulling the pain, this is our weather till July.:cry: http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Vancouver+WA+98685

You should come for a visit. You can fly between Jacksonville and Portland for practically nothing. I have all these days off to waste.

New Guy
03-14-2012, 03:44 PM
This weather has just been insane. Supposed to be 71 where I live tomorrow and a high of 78 where our cottage is. The ice won't last much longer! Once the water temp hits the mid 50s I'll be out there! Jealous of your nice weather down there!

Ryan I hear you I can't believe we went straight from 30 to 70 in a week and a half. I not even close to having the boat ready.

ryan_8099
03-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Ryan I hear you I can't believe we went straight from 30 to 70 in a week and a half. I not even close to having the boat ready.

Looks like we hit 72 here, 79 at the lake. Forgot where I lived for a second. Going for my first ride on the bike tonight. Yeah, we are scrambling to get everything ordered now. Got our oil filter last night and ordered our hull wash. I think we just need our impeller and then some quality time with the boat to get it cleaned up.

New Guy
03-14-2012, 04:28 PM
I might have to swing by some time and get a pull.

newty
03-14-2012, 07:00 PM

Last week we went from 35 and rain to 65 and sunny, then back to 40 and rain.

newty
03-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Newt - you get snow on your side of town yesterday? Woke up with a WTF to 1.5" of heavy wet slop on the ground... I used to think of the Daylight Savings changeover as my official start of Spring. Guess not.

As you said before - time to get out of depressionville for a while.

No doubt, I had about a 1/8" on my windshield only. None in the road anywhere. Two guys that live on your side of town showed up to work an hour late because "the roads were terrible". Bunch of girlymen!

jmb
03-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Taking half the day off Friday. Wife said she will pull me but will have to come in for the half hour of IV. Guess I could live with that! My birthday on Friday so celebrating on the water. I got to tighten the shaft seal Friday. Leaking kind of bad

wolfeman131
03-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Happy early birthday to you! Great way to celebrate.