PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic tubing replacement on wake plate

jokid
03-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Has anyone replaced the hydraulic tubing from the pump to the wake plate? It looks like one of my lines was pushed up against the exhaust and melted and now needs to be replaced. I found the replacement tubing from Bennett Marine online but cannot find it in town. It makes me wonder if this is more difficult than I think. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

KSmith
03-14-2012, 07:17 AM
Stores may not stock it as there is probaby not much call for it. You'll need access to where the line connects to the pump and the ram. Unless you bought new connectors you'll need to use the one off the old line. The connectors take a 1/2 open end wrench. When installing the new lines Bennett suggest to tighten the connectors 1/2 turn past hand tight. After installing the new line you need to purge the air. Bennett suggests: Using the control, hold the “Bow Down” position for 15 seconds, then “Bow Up” for 15 – 20 seconds. Repeat 3 times. This will purge any air from the system. No bleeding is necessary.

jokid
03-16-2012, 10:34 AM
It looks like the tubing that is connected to the actuator assembly end is recessed in the transom and pretty difficult to get to without removing the actuator assembly from the transom. Has anyone removed/replaced their actuator assembly before?

squeeg333
08-23-2012, 02:11 PM
I was just going to ask this same question. My port side actuator is leaking from behind where it attaches to the boat (where the pipe nipple threads in). The photo attached shows it.
I emailed Bennett, and they said that I'd either have to tighten the pipe nipple, or replace the upper hinge. The only way I see I can get to the pipe nipple to tighten it would be to remove the actuator. I'm not too worried about doing this, but curious if anyone else has removed/re-attached these before?

VA LSV
08-23-2012, 04:26 PM
I would think you could splice in some tubing with a couple of compression unions to replace the melted section. Looks 1/4" tubing which shouldn't be hard to locate.

ga-lsv05
08-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Napa makes hydraulic lines. Take it off and take it there they will male one for you.

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

squeeg333
09-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Jokid, did you take care of this? I replaced my upper hinge that was leaking (Bennett sent me one for free) but it looks like I might still have a leak that I think is coming from the end of the hydraulic line. I am not sure yet, but there's a good chance.
Removal of the actuator was pretty easy though. Just put the plate in the full up position, remove the screws holding the actuators to the plate (you'll have to do both to to give you enough room to work - at least I did). Remove the three screws that hold the hinge to the boat, and peel off. The hydraulic connections can then be accessed. Then, just re-install in the reverse order - don't forget to use some 3M sealant when you re-install.