PDA

View Full Version : Any readers on here???

WaterBullDawg1980
03-12-2012, 10:16 PM
I read a lot of magazines online and in print a few. I usually have a Bloomberg Business week, The Economist and a local paper on me
And read a lot online. Mainly industry related news and notes and then I read financials of my clients which can get alittle dry. 10k statements, earnings reports etc.

But I read a solid and fairly quick book recently that gives some insight backed by solid facts.

The Coming Jobs War. Very good read.

What is everyone reading now and how much do you read? I would say in research I gotta be around an hour a day. Then fun stuff add another hour.

I am about to start Killing Lincoln to see what the fuss is all about.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

sandm
03-13-2012, 08:34 AM
I subscribe to several car/boat mags and manage to read several pages a day while sitting on the old porcelain throne.

does that count?? :)

I keep hoping to make it down south, as I hear wolf has quite the collection of bathroom reading that he is more than willing to loan out...

kaneboats
03-13-2012, 08:44 AM
I don't read too good and don't rite too good neither.

jpetty3023
03-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Just about finished with American Sniper. It's a bio about a Navy SEAL sniper named Chris Kyle. He's a TX boy and a very easy read, makes you feel like your knee deep in the shi+ with him. Got a couple mags delivered to the house to for the Jon reading when the iPad is dead or hogged up by the kiddos

rdlangston13
03-13-2012, 11:45 AM
I used to read a couple years ago but I have a hard time finding books that are interesting. When I was in Egypt for a month about a year and half ago I read a series of books called the ezekiel option or something like that, knocked out all three in a month. I like reading magazine but I am too cheap to buy a subscription, most of my read is on the yahoo news ticker on the computer.

kaneboats
03-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Brad Thor and Vince Flynn are pretty fun for casual or beach reading. I save them for airports cuz I have layovers every time I fly in and out of here.

rc5695
03-13-2012, 12:07 PM
I read my Bible every day. That's about the only book though. I've read of the Bug Man Series so far though, they are GREAT! Very suspenseful and graphic. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/191-6758083-1126742?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=bug+man+series

I subscribe to a few mags, Sport Rider, Road and Track, Car and Driver, and Popular Mechanics right now. Subscribed to 4-Wheel and Off-Road for many years, but seemed liek ti was getting too repetitious. I don't like reading online mags as much...maybe jsut 'cuz they're harder to read on the throne? Lol. I do read Cycle News online, and sometimes Racer X.

wolfeman131
03-13-2012, 02:13 PM
I keep hoping to make it down south, as I hear wolf has quite the collection of bathroom reading that he is more than willing to loan out...

Apparently, this is only true if you're at my home to do some work. I think I need to install a "contractor crapper" somewhere out in the woods.

bergermaister
03-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Get the Sunday paper... No time for daily. Does that count? :rolleyes:

I get 4-wheel and Offroad, and Offroad Adventures (both free) but like Ryan said they seem very repetitive anymore.
New Technology is a decent mag I steal from work regularly.

My kids have to read a minimum of 20 minutes every night for HW so I try to make it a point to join them. I keep telling myself if I had a tablet I'd read more - I have no idea why I think that though. Just the novelty factor I guess.

My girls keep hounding me to start reading The Hunger Games but with Spring time coming I'd much rather be outside building/fixing/playing basically anything than sitting around.

maxpower220
03-13-2012, 05:24 PM
I am currently reading "Beyond Einstein" by Michio Kaku. It is not an easy read, but it is interesting (if you like physics, quantum theory). Plus the Car and Driver monthly and Waterski (whenever they send one).

sandm
03-13-2012, 06:33 PM
here ya go wolf. put one of these on the porch..

http://blog.builddirect.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Front-Porch-Crapper.jpg

kaneboats
03-13-2012, 08:27 PM
That's about what the contractors look like in FL.

WaterBullDawg1980
03-13-2012, 08:52 PM
You know, before I got the Galaxy tab and Kindle Fire I used to read wakeboarding and hunting mags on the throne. Now I can talk to you guys and read magazines online while I'm on the "thinkin chair". :cool:

WaterBullDawg1980
03-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Oh yeah, and Readers Digest. My grandmother subscribed and I used to read them every time I went over there. Have been addicted ever since.

Readers Digest may be the G.O.A.T. of toilet reads.

kaneboats
03-13-2012, 08:58 PM
You only need the Readers Digest when the paper runs out!

KG's Supra24
03-13-2012, 11:58 PM
You know, before I got the Galaxy tab and Kindle Fire I used to read wakeboarding and hunting mags on the throne. Now I can talk to you guys and read magazines online while I'm on the "thinkin chair". :cool:

Lol, I do the same.

If you enjoy reading 10k's, you are a special breed.

My wife enjoys reading but I do little to no reading outside if the news. She just finished Pens (pen and teller) new book.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dusty2221
03-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Never been a reader. I sometimes wish I were and have even given it a serious chance a few times. Just don't have the attention span. Guess I'd rather be working on something.

KSmith
03-14-2012, 08:33 AM
I read the backs of cereal boxes unless they use big words ;-)

WaterBullDawg1980
03-14-2012, 10:11 AM
I am currently reading "Beyond Einstein" by Michio Kaku. It is not an easy read, but it is interesting (if you like physics, quantum theory). Plus the Car and Driver monthly and Waterski (whenever they send one).

You have to be kidding me. No MP, I do not like physics or quantum theory, but thanks for making us all look like a bunch of backwards hillbillies!;) I was horrible in my physics class in high school and college. Was glad when it was over. :)

Lots of car enthusiasts here.

WaterBullDawg1980
03-14-2012, 10:14 AM
I read the backs of cereal boxes unless they use big words ;-)

LOL. Sometimes the big wurds are hart to reed reel gud.

It's ok though, they still have the comics in one of our local rags here in Georgia. (At least I think they do, I never read my own local paper.)

sandm
03-14-2012, 11:05 AM
At least I think they do, I never read my own local paper.

courtesty of craigslist and the internet, I run after the dog to scold him and he just laughs at the rolled up excuse of a paper here :)

kaneboats
03-14-2012, 11:07 AM
The Tallahassee Democrat is affectionately known around here as the "mullet wrapper".

rc5695
03-14-2012, 12:13 PM
I subscribed to our local paper a couple weeks before we even moved to our new house. Week 1, no paper. Called Monday and they delivered it. Week 2, no paper again...Called Monday, complained nicely, and they delivered it. Week 3 no paper again! I called and told them to bring me a paper and cancel my account, which they did... Paper sucked anyways... I only get them for the coupons (savings at Publix is 20-25% per shopping trip, and I'm not talking $100-$200 bills... ;) ).

kaneboats
03-14-2012, 01:11 PM
I can't even go to Publix. Ouch! Get all our stuff at Wally's and meat/cheese and stuff in bulk at Sam's.

rc5695
03-14-2012, 01:14 PM
With coupons and stuff, I can get outta Publix same price or cheaper, and get namebrand stuff. Trying to support USA more and China less ;) I should probably look into SAMS / COSTSO again... Used to be a wash, some stuff was actually more expensive at SAMS than to buy individual at WallyWorld, esp. by the time you figure in membership fees. Gotta have somewhere to put all that bulk stuff, that's our biggest problem...

hey, what's this have to do with reading? Lol.

sandm
03-14-2012, 02:51 PM
^you're reading this thread aren't you :)

walmart is the root of all evil here in the states. out here, they have the perception of low prices, but not usually the case.

ask yourself this: why would a retailer that claims to have the lowest price need to have an advertised price match policy? ;)

kaneboats
03-14-2012, 02:58 PM
I hate 'em too. But, between them and Publix they've run everybody else off. I can buy a case of beer at Wally for 16.79 or two twelve packs at publix (they won't carry cases) for 12.99 apiece. I don't buy meat at Walmart so for the rest who cares? It's cheaper.