PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Summer's Return

deerfield
03-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Remember to set your clock forward one hour tonight. C'mon, summer!

skiyaker
03-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Amen brother! But then again, who needs summer when you have a dry suit? A little less conversation a lot more action- I'm going skiing!!!

viking
03-10-2012, 01:22 PM
I hear your pain loud and clear...........fellow northerner!!

sandm
03-11-2012, 12:37 PM
I'd be happy waiting another month or so.
got 500sqft of tile waiting to go down and a 6x8 storage shed to build and if the weather turns nice, I don't see it happening...

May 1 will be fine by me :)

KSmith
03-14-2012, 07:21 AM
Well I couldn't stand it any longer. I summerized the boat last night, hooked her up to a fake a lake and DANG I love the sound of that engine when she fires up first try. Such a nice low rumble tone... Now to get her cleaned up and ready for the dance. We may take her out this weekend weather and time permitting. GETTING CLOSER!!

chawk610
03-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Doing that exact thing Saturday morning... then hopefully heading for the lake!

dusty2221
03-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Doing that exact thing Saturday morning... then hopefully heading for the lake!
Same here, hoping to get it wet Sunday!

rdlangston13
03-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Ill be doing the same thing as soon as I get home. Heidi has been running errands for me so we can go to the lake house pretty much as soon as i get home and get started on getting the boat ready. Going to trying to fix the trailer brakes next friday and be on the water on saturday.

PatL
03-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Yeah me too. Next weekend plan to get in the water. Been so warm here we'll be in a couple weeks earlier than normal with full wetsuits. Cant wait to get back to skiing the course with Stargazer. Amazing what a difference that makes pulling wakeboarders as well. So much easier...

Inliner
03-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Ok, I am bad, been skiing for 3 weeks straight now. Will be on the water tomorrow and doing Shred Fest at OWC (Orlando Watersports Complex) next weekend. Sorry guys and gals...

usaski1
03-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Yup.. been 80- degrees here, and 67 water... been skiing for weeks now too... just put an hour on the boat after work.

viking
03-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Lucky all'ya'all..............just tryin my southern drawl :grin:

skiyaker
03-17-2012, 12:33 PM
feels like summer here- went skiing for the third time in the last week last night. It was actually comfortable with water temps in the 60s- I'll be in trunks next week!!!

WaterBullDawg1980
03-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Despite 80 degree weather, haven't dropped her in once. Shame.

But have her out today cleaning and installing new speakers. She'll be ready next weekend. Let's hope Ga doesn't get a freak cold streak. Few years ago we had a HUGE blizzard in March. Got like 5-6 inches of snow. :)

deerfield
03-17-2012, 08:11 PM
feels like summer here- went skiing for the third time in the last week last night. It was actually comfortable with water temps in the 60s- I'll be in trunks next week!!!

sk - Good to read that you are on the water already. Mine is still in the garage and will stay there until mid-April. While not likely that we will have another extended freeze here in the Chicago area, I'm not in the mood to chance it and then have to go through the winterize/summerize thing again. Looking forward to meeting up with you and giving you a pull behind my Outback this season. - Deerfield

Mikey
03-17-2012, 09:25 PM
For those of you that can ,please get a ski or two in for us Northerners. As Deerfield mentioned ,its likely gonna be awhile till boating is a reality for us and thats just to get out using a DRYSUIT.
For once we are nearly bare of snow but more is predicted to come maybe even this weekend. The Rockie Mountains ,1 hr to the west of us are getting record amounts of snow and ski hills are at or near record snow levels.
Its gonna be awhile till i consider dewinterizing or even untarping at the moment.
I just began ordering parts for trailer repairs and stereo parts for prodject that either got put off or delayed. Let the warm temps head our way PLEASE,but in the mean time a few more pics and posts of others getting out will have to suffice.

Inliner
03-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Well, if it is any consolation I spent all day today on the water here in Lake County Florida (an appropriate name if you ask anyone who lives here) and it was AWESOME! Sorry for our northern folks who don't get to ski for a while. We will pause for few moments of meditation on your behalf!!!!!

Mikey
03-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks for that,Now i feel better........

skiyaker
03-20-2012, 09:41 PM
skied 2 sets tonight in a shortie- water temps 65-66 with air in the upper 70s; this is crazy!

iwaterskihard
03-29-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm heading to Palm Springs to play some gold for 4 days, then 2 days in Vegas before returning home. Boat will come out of heated storage around April 15th. Once the ice is gone from the lake the only thing remaining is my mind asking myself - WTH are you waiting for? Get wet man! And our boating season will start! WOO HOO

jmb
03-29-2012, 08:01 PM
I wiil give 30 seconds of silence this weekend for the Northerners before I jump in the water and ski/wakeboard.

kaneboats
03-30-2012, 08:41 AM
That's how long it takes him to down one last cold one before he jumps in.