PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to all the good people on here-- we appreciate it!

kaneboats
03-01-2012, 08:43 PM
It came up lately on the moderators chat board that because the members of this board are so good about sharing information and detailing their modifications, etc. that we get lots of visitors from other places, if you will. Several of us remarked about how much we enjoy the folks on here and the overall attitude everyone has about taking care of the next guy, the newby, the guy who's boat broke on the first day of vacation so he's screwed, etc. So I just wanted to post a BIG SHOUT OUT to all of you who contribute. Some love headed your way for taking the time to share, to post, to help. This is a great place because of the real people on here and their willingness to keep it that way. I appreciate your contributions and so do all the moderators on here. And, I'm sure SC appreciates all of you too.

A great example is when we have to contact an individual member for a post that may be a little over the line and maybe a rule violation. Most of the time instead of folks getting defensive and whiny about it they either apologize, thank us, or both. That is a testament to the quality of the individuals we have on here and their commitment to keeping it a classy place to share information and our love of the water.

Anyway, have a great and safe season this year and THANK YOU!!

LLTR!

jpetty3023
03-02-2012, 10:34 AM
And a big shout out back to the Mods for all the hard work y'all put in behind the scenes. Such a cute little family we have here

New Guy
03-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Sometimes I wish we had a "LIKE" button. :o

Well said Kane and the feelings are mutual.

jmvotto
03-02-2012, 11:48 AM
x 2 for both responses, great community. love it.

KG's Supra24
03-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Yea, most of yall seem like cool people :p

mmandley
03-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Nice to hear the Mods care, I know i sure care, i learn a lot from people here and try to help with what knollege i have here. Its also nice to have someplace you can just come and post about topics you want to talk about that arnt as much boat realted, like trucks, homes, family and such.

This is still by fare one of my favorite forums to frequent

sandm
03-02-2012, 12:50 PM
not boat related mike?

what do you tow your boat with?
where do you store your boat?
who goes with you on your boat?

good post kane and I guess I should feel lucky that I haven't been one "talked to" about posting stuff... YET... :)

chawk610
03-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Boy, this is embarassing... ok, I humbly accept the crown as "King of the Good People" I know you wern't able to single me out... as that would not be fair bieng relatively new to the forum. :)

kaneboats
03-02-2012, 12:59 PM
@ sandm: It's actually pretty rare. Quality tends to police itself. But, we're saving up for you. :eek:

kaneboats
03-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Boy, this is embarassing... ok, I humbly accept the crown as "King of the Good People" I know you wern't able to single me out... as that would not be fair bieng relatively new to the forum. :)

You just tell yourself whatever you need to, OK. And keep taking those meds.

chawk610
03-02-2012, 01:15 PM
didn't think I was gonna get away with that :(

newty
03-02-2012, 01:23 PM
I too really enjoy this forum and being a part of it. I really love the sense of humor we all have... or tolerate. :D
Keep up the good work.

Good one Berg, and great advice Kane... LMAO

sandm
03-02-2012, 01:39 PM
@ sandm: It's actually pretty rare. Quality tends to police itself. But, we're saving up for you. :eek:

hmmm.. I thought I would have seen the heavy hand that is "the moderator" by now, but I guess I'll work on getting better, or worse, or whatever gets me there :)

fwiw, I did get banned on the supra forums by a guy that lives in the wakeboard capitol of the world....

newty
03-02-2012, 01:42 PM
hmmm.. I thought I would have seen the heavy hand that is "the moderator" by now, but I guess I'll work on getting better, or worse, or whatever gets me there :)

fwiw, I did get banned on the supra forums by a guy that lives in the wakeboard capitol of the world....

Prime example... he too forgot to take his meds!

jmvotto
03-02-2012, 01:47 PM

Dude, you make me laugh.....too funny

Jet
03-02-2012, 03:09 PM
LMAO..I fell out of my chair.

Jet
03-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Group hug. : )) I feel kinda funny in my stomach now. lol

kaneboats
03-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Could be that Texas chili.

chawk610
03-02-2012, 04:58 PM
LOLOL... every thread here turns into this. I don't care what the thread is about!

viking
03-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Kane - you don't have to YELL! We get it

skiyaker
03-02-2012, 06:25 PM
huh.. imagine that- a boating forum where we mostly discuss boating without the drama- and occasionally make fun each other's moms

DOCDRS
03-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Uh oh , supposedly going close to that wakeboarding capitol of the world in a week........guess its good I have no plans to go wakeboarding........mabye ( for Mike :)) skyskiing, surfing and barefooting tho

Grant M
03-02-2012, 08:56 PM
I Love You Man...... Buuurp Beeeer!

harmsway
03-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Yuup.... What everyone else said I ditto. GREAT forum

sandm
03-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Hey dctrs, bet i could get u a ride on a wakekite.....

newty
03-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Hey dctrs, bet i could get u a ride on a wakekite.....

Moomba gold!

After you pre-pay for shipping. Lmao over and over.... And over.

rdlangston13
03-03-2012, 07:22 AM
i hate all yall, if it was not for this board i wouldnt be so broke all the dang time

jmvotto
03-03-2012, 09:46 AM
i hate all yall, if it was not for this board i wouldnt be so broke all the dang time

Amen brother ..

iwaterskihard
03-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Echo everyone's comments on here. I have had a ton of fun on here since joining and yak'd with some pretty good folks. Amazing how much time I seem to spend on here.............I often think my wife thinks I'm having an on-line affair? LOL

mmandley
03-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Echo everyone's comments on here. I have had a ton of fun on here since joining and yak'd with some pretty good folks. Amazing how much time I seem to spend on here.............I often think my wife thinks I'm having an on-line affair? LOL

But you are, its just not the kind that should get you in trouble.

Razzman
03-03-2012, 01:34 PM

FWITW I think almost evryone got banned by the Capitol King lol! :D

sandm
03-03-2012, 08:32 PM
it was just his way of showing that clermont is the wakeboard capitol of the world and all the pro riders live/practice/party/fart there....

maybe someday he'll get it and become a part of the community again. after all he was one of the biggest supporters of skiers choice.....

NAH.... that's just the Coors talking :)

mmandley
03-03-2012, 08:39 PM
it was just his way of showing that clermont is the wakeboard capitol of the world and all the pro riders live/practice/party/fart there....

maybe someday he'll get it and become a part of the community again. after all he was one of the biggest supporters of skiers choice.....

NAH.... that's just the Coors talking :)

LOL

I for one do miss him at times, When he wasnt BSing you with heavy BS he added a lot and kept things new when you hit the refresh button, that doesnt take away from the hate i have for the amount of data that was deleted. But i did enjoy having him around when he was being civil LOL

KSmith
03-04-2012, 10:23 AM
^^^ Ditto. When he was on his meds he had a lot to contribute. It is almost criminal that he deleted so much however... tons of great info gone... just gone...

Jet
03-04-2012, 11:03 AM
LOL. You give someone a fake stick on badge to WATCH AND OBSERVE and pretty soon they are doing felony stops on your 80 year old neighbors that live in the community (rhetorical). It just shows you how desperate people are to FEEL important these days.

moombacraze
03-04-2012, 12:14 PM
I am new to the forum and have loved all the info that I have found on here. Thanks guys. I hope I can help contribute to the great forum.

geary101
03-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Yo Dudes!

1st let me state that Clermont is NOT the Wakeboarding Capitol of the World.

That title belongs to Orlando...Remember how many times I told you folks not to believe everything you read on these forums?

2nd, the Wakekite was sold more than a year ago and now lives happily in Canada.

Ok, Kaneboats wanted to here this, so I'll state it publicly...I am sorry I deleted all my threads in the past.

Truth be told, I was just trying to do the job that some folks high up the SC ladder wanted me to do.

Those folks no longer work for SC .

Adios Amigos

jpetty3023
03-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Ed's back, and gone again!!!! This never gets old:cool:

KSmith
03-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Like beetlejuice... we must have said his name too many times ;-)

Mikey
03-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Long live the members. Active or banned. Usually something interesting to read daily.

moombadaze
03-04-2012, 07:28 PM
lots of fun here and whats even better are the great friends to come from here, I appreciate all of you.

viking
03-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Damn that's funny :)
It's like the game "finding Waldo"

Is there anyway to ban a guest..............?