PDA

View Full Version : Slingshot Wakeboard 2011 Kine 141

wakeboarder3780
03-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Hey guys I know this probably looks shady seeing as how this is my first post but I'm a long time user of themalibucrew.com and forums.wakeboarder.com (you can look me up there if you'd like). This site was suggested by a friend.

Anyways, Ive got what I'm going to call a "new" Kine 141. What I mean by that is I bought 3 boards last year to try. I ended up keeping the one I liked best and the others got ridden very little (we're talking 5 times or so) and have absolutely no nicks, scratches or anything. We don't have any demo shops around here so if you want to seriously try gear, you need to buy up and resell. Still have all the original packaging so no concerns there.

Hoping to get 300 shipped for the Kine
Hoping to get 275 shipped for the Reflex

Buyer to pay paypal fees if you choose paypal (dwolla.com is a much cheaper version of paypal and only costs 25 cents flat fee per transaction). I'd also be fine with a personal check if you'd rather.

If you're worried about the condition of the boards at all I can take tons of pictures of the board for you, but in honesty it is in new condition, and I'm picky about board condition.

Sidenote: I also add I have some 08 LF watson bindings around if you're interested in those as well let me know. I have a 9-10 (pretty well used) and a 10-11 (barely used at all)

ryan_8099
03-01-2012, 11:13 AM
I can vouch for him. I rode with him all summer, even picked up a SS myself after learning how great they are.

kaneboats
03-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Yea, but who is going to vouch for you? :wink:

ryan_8099
03-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Yea, but who is going to vouch for you? :wink:
Good Point! :)

New Guy
03-01-2012, 12:48 PM
What are you currently riding and what did you like/dislike about each board?

wakeboarder3780
03-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Currently riding the Slingshot Recoil. My opinions on the boards are as follows:

Reflex: I actually loved this board. Ryan can even confirm that this board was so good I bought it twice. Funny story but not what you're looking for. Suffice to say I spent a lot of money so I could continue riding a board I already owned because I liked it that much.

I liked the reflex a lot because it was the hybrid rocker. I typically like hybrid rockers because they don't plow like 3-stages tend to. The reflex also gave me enough pop that I was pretty sure I'd never find a board I liked more (hence re-buying it back a second time). Of course the other huge draw (of any slingshot) is that the board flexes.

This is what turned me onto slingshots from the beginning because I have bad knees and I want to ride long term. Although apparently debatable, I personally noticed significantly softer landings *especially* when casing the second wake. Casing the second wake would normally make me knees sting if I booted off big and came up short. On the slingshot it still doesn't feel great, but it's *much* more forgiving on casing (same concept as leafsprings on your trailer).

The other awesome part about the flex is how much more legitimately you can hold manuals. Before I could pop them up but I'd never be able to hold them. Since the slingshots flex, it is much easier to be able to hold them up. Probably a small deal for most people but I really like dinking around with surface stuff.

Finally the last part I loved about the reflex is how light they are and hence how much easier inverts / spins are with it. I actually didn't notice this until I decided to again try the 09 LF shane that I had sold to a friend who still rode with me. When I strapped the normal (non flex / compression molded) wakeboard back on and threw my first tantrum I could tell immediately after lift off that there was more "drag" from the heavier board. It wasn't a big deal I just knew I needed to huck it a little harder next time and I rode away with the second one, but still - noticeable difference for riders at that level.

For the kine, it's from the ballistic line, so you gain some channels on the bottom that are supposed to help edging a bit and it's also a bit stiffer due to the ballistic core. Otherwise it's very similar to the reflex. For me personally I like the softer flex. For someone just coming into the flex world, this would provide a bit stiffer introduction and I would recommend starting with something in the ballistic line. If you like those, you may opt to try the base lineup to see if you like the softer stuff.

The recoil, which I eventually landed on, is actually a 3-stage (which I usually don't like). I did notice more drag with the recoil, but it wasn't too bad. What I did notice is the recoil really reacted to my style of cutting. In other words, it really booted me. I had never ridden a board that reacted that well to my style of riding before in my life. So while it plowed a bit more, the tradeoff was easily in favor of the recoil for me. Still trying to adjust to this board, I don't get it to explode every time, but every once in a while I get absolutely launched which is really fun for me.

My board history in the past 5 years has been:
LF 07 Trip
LF 08 Lyman
LF 09 Shane
SS 10 Reflex
SS 11 Kine
SS 11 Reflex
SS 12 Recoil

New Guy
03-01-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm pretty interested in the Kine. I have 08 Ronix ones what would I need to mount these to the slingshot? Also I have a 2010 Watson hybrid would you have any interest in that plus some cash? I assume that you are from Wisconsin?

wakeboarder3780
03-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Yep I'm in Wausau WI, I grew up in Seymour, small town not too far away from you ;)

As for your boots, slingshot makes it really easy. The fast track system is pretty much guaranteed to work with any boot. It's a little complicated to explain but I can show you a short video if you're interested. But for all intents I'd assume all boots will work with the slingshot fast track system.

As for interest in another board + cash I'd have to say no. Trust me when I say my garage is full of them.

New Guy
03-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Gotcha we have a store in Marathon so I know where you are. I might going to try and sell my watson and pick something newer up.

Jet
03-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Im also riding the 2012 reflex at the park (hydrous) and Im really liking it to. I havent rode behind the boat yet but warm weather is coming. My older board is a STIFF ronix/carbon 3-stage (more like the kine) and I really love it but had to try the flex for the park. Exeryone spoke so highly about them. They are also VERY tuff. i have been hitting the sliders and kickers with no probs and even rode up on the grass and took it over a cement water box and it didnt do much to it. My Reflex was $425 so thats a great price, JUMP ON IT!! Jet

wakeboarder3780
03-09-2012, 09:36 AM
TTT, ebay next week to hit spring buyers if no one is interested.

Cheers.