PDA

View Full Version : Mojo Wake Pictures

02-28-2012, 01:05 AM
So the boat has been out for a while now. Are there any pics of the wakeboard wake of the Mojo yet or more videos from any owners? I have a friend looking at one and he will be using it mainly for wakeboarding.

bzubke1
02-28-2012, 01:44 AM
There are some pics on moombas website, looks pretty good.

Mobius22
02-28-2012, 02:54 AM
There's some shots of it in this video. I've seen it with stock ballast and it's REALLY clean which is nice. I compared it to an LSV with how clean it is, and similar to an XLV size wise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE0cNAUROag&feature=related

02-28-2012, 03:08 AM
That sounds good. One thing I didn't like about that video was how much the wake is curling over. In every shot of Amber she is hitting it where it white and curled over. It could be many thigns though. I can't wait to ride one myself.

Mobius22
02-28-2012, 03:18 AM
Pretty sure they had it loaded down REALLY heavy. Like 5000 pounds heavy, so I wouldn't base it off of that video. I do think they should show a video of just stock ballast so everybody knows how good it looks.

02-28-2012, 04:08 AM
Ya that is more what Im looking for. Say stock up front and 750's in the rear is a great combo. Maybe an extra 100-200 in lead up front if needed.

rdlangston13
02-28-2012, 05:51 AM
Ya that is more what Im looking for. Say stock up front and 750's in the rear is a great combo. Maybe an extra 100-200 in lead up front if needed.

X30 vs bu LSV huh? must be nice to be Levi!

wolfeman131
02-28-2012, 09:31 AM
I think I have some vid on my phone from Dec with stock ballast and agree w/ Möbius22's assessment. I will try and get it posted later today.

KG's Supra24
02-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Since my question was deleted ....

Levi, just curious as to why you ruled out the 242 when comparing the bu and mc?

02-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Some people here have been snooping on WW LOL.

The Mojo is honestly for a friend of mine who is really considering one. He is also considering an MB F21 but I'm trying to steer him to the Moomba. My XLV has been an excellent boat, top notch actually. And I think the Mojo will be a great boat.

On to me. Well, I am sad to say my XLV is now Sold. It was really hard to let her go, she has been an awesome boat for us.

When looking at new boats, I went through all the options, Axis, Bu, MC, Tige, Supra, MB etc.. There was something I liked best about all of the boats. All of them. I really liked some things about the Supra but there were a few thigns I preferred on the Bu or MC too. I still haven't made a decision and it's been a lot of fun looking. I plan to post a thread once I decide on a new boat. My Moomba has been the best boat I have ever owned and this board has been probably the best board I frequent. If I go with another brand I hope it's OK if I still watch this site. I promise I won't come on here and tell everyone about how much better my "other brand" is then my Moomba was. Mainly because I don't feel that way. My XLV was excellent. I would recommend one in a second!

RickT
02-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Levi,

I attended the Calgary show and will be attending the upcoming Edmonton show in about 10 days. If I can be of any assistance or if you can make the show, please let me know.

Rick
[email protected]

jpetty3023
02-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Go with the 242 Levi!! BU or MC won't have the "boss" on any forum talking to you and inviting you to a boat show!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bzubke1
02-28-2012, 04:51 PM
New idea! Tell us what you like about the BU or MC better than Supra and we'll convince you why you're wrong. WakeWorld style!

KG's Supra24
02-28-2012, 04:58 PM
I want to take a stab before he answers ...

He is purchasing his dream boat. Although Supra makes a great boat you rarely hear of anyone referring to their dream boat as a Supra, its usually a big 3. Also, although the 242 wake has supposedly cleaned up from the 24, it is still not known as one of the top and consistent wakes in the market. It is also possibly arguable that the 242 is not the best wakeboat in the Supra lineup and he is looking for a big boat.

Those are my speculations anyways ... that was fun.

wolfeman131
02-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Since my question was deleted ....

All, nothing has been purposely deleted by SC or the Mods. If you look at the top of the forums, you will find an announcement posted by brain that states the forum encountered a server issue over the weekend. This is easy to overlook if you use tapatalk or the new post feature.

KG's Supra24
02-28-2012, 05:41 PM
All, nothing has been purposely deleted by SC or the Mods. If you look at the top of the forums, you will find an announcement posted by brain that states the forum encountered a server issue over the weekend. This is easy to overlook if you use tapatalk or the new post feature.

I did mean it in that manner .. I noticed the forum had been reset back several days. My fault if it was taken the wrong way.

wolfeman131
02-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Not by me, KG. Just wanted to put the info out there a bit more visible.

bzubke1
02-28-2012, 05:55 PM
I know what you mean about the 242 there always seems to be a bit of wash in the lip on the videos i've seen.

02-28-2012, 06:35 PM
I am so sorry to say KG is pretty much right. But my buddy is probably going to buy a Mojo and if he does, I will still be riding a Moomba almost 1/2 the time.

But a dream boat is just that. My XLV was my dream boat and it was all that and then some. Fortunatley I am in a position to choose amoung all the brands. Price can really vary between boats and dealers, thats for sure. But the Bu-23LSV or the X-30 are running $10-$15k over a loaded mojo if anyone is wondering.

you da man
02-28-2012, 11:19 PM
I know what you mean about the 242 there always seems to be a bit of wash in the lip on the videos i've seen.

Ever noticed that some of the pros that ride Supras on occassion take of the rear platform to wakeboard. Amber Wing has a couple/few vids without the platform on her boat (or the boat she's on). Also, seen another video, I assume a Supra sponsorerd or supported male rider, riding without the platform. In a few Supra videos I noticed the rider was on the sunpad in their wakeboard bindings (big no no for almost every boat owner) until I noticed the platforms were gone.

bzubke1
02-28-2012, 11:20 PM
If i'm being honest my dream boat would have to be a Wakesetter LSV if price was no object. This video I think exclusively filmed behind the 23LSV there could be some axis in there but the wake looks mackin!
http://vimeo.com/34993830

you da man
02-28-2012, 11:23 PM
But the Bu-23LSV or the X-30 are running $10-$15k over a loaded mojo if anyone is wondering.

Eeeeesh, that means the Mojo is running $65k-$70k compared to the price of a Malibu 23' LSV in my area.

you da man
02-28-2012, 11:29 PM
If i'm being honest my dream boat would have to be a Wakesetter LSV if price was no object. This video I think exclusively filmed behind the 23LSV there could be some axis in there but the wake looks mackin!
http://vimeo.com/34993830

SMG always goes all out in their promo vids. They are also riding some behind the new MXZ which is a gorgeous boat in person. Pics DO NOT do that boat justice...I hated the pics of it until I saw 2 at my dealer this past weekend...OMG!!!

wolfeman131
02-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Really? Did you do the monetary conversion to figure that?

I was at Rinkers today & the loaded Mojo they had was @ $58k.

I enjoy posting facts, especially when they are readily available.

wolfeman131
02-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Cool, does that mean the MXZ is now your next boat? Thought I heard a fish fart.

you da man
02-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Cool, does that mean the MXZ is now your next boat? Thought I heard a fish fart.

Nah, it wasn't a fish...you guys would need to get in the water to hear one and water temps are below 80 for you guys.

KG's Supra24
02-28-2012, 11:56 PM
I have serious doubt about the platform affecting wakeboard wake. Hell I've always been the one to doubt the platform noticably affecting surf wake, though.

I got a chance to ride behind a brand new bu lsv last year and the wake was nice and consistent. it was significantly smaller but I don't think it was sacked out. I would probably say I liked the bu wake more BC it was subtle and more predictable. However, when tied up I didn't feel mine was missing anything. In fact the owner commented on my storage space. There is no doubt his was "nicer" but I was surprised I wasn't gawking all over it as it has always been one of my favorites.

501, you have a great problem to have. I'd probably lean x30 for a couple reasons but I'd also run to the 247 if I were looking bu. I understand the appeal of the big 3 but have also become a big believer that supra and tige have just as much to offer. Speaking of big 3, any reason 230 is out? Dealer? Talk about a proven wake! Sorry Im asking so many questions but dang I want your problem, lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Mobius22
02-29-2012, 12:17 AM
At all the shows I have been to (I've been to 3) Mojos have been starting at 50K. Here's one in Michigan, that's beautiful for 52.9K

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=32072

rdlangston13
02-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Really? Did you do the monetary conversion to figure that?

I was at Rinkers today & the loaded Mojo they had was @ $58k.

I enjoy posting facts, especially when they are readily available.

what do you think about my home dealer?? last time i swung by there i thing i pissed off a sales guy when i said that it was in a pretty ghetto part of town haha

02-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Haha KG, funny. To be honest both dealers are awesome (and one is a Moomba dealer too). The 230 is about another $10-20k on top of what I'm looking to spend and I know when weighted, it needs to go fast. I rode one at nationals and it wasn't the be all end all, plus no colored top decks on Nauti's. What makes me want the LSV is the wake. It's so smooth and consistent and can become huge. You rarely see those wakes curling over or washing out. What I like about the X30 is the amazing interior and storage. My kids we playing fort in it at the boat show, and were crawling from the bow all the way to the transom, UNDER the seats. And all the seats are on hinges and shocks.

I like the 247 but its really not much different from my XLV imo, which has also been an awesome boat. Believe me I was actually sad when the guy told me to tell the other lookers not to come because it was sold.

I don't think the platform affects the wakeboard wake. Look, at wakeboard speeds it is clearly out of the water.

wolfeman131
02-29-2012, 12:49 AM
what do you think about my home dealer?? last time i swung by there i thing i pissed off a sales guy when i said that it was in a pretty ghetto part of town haha

It's definitely an interesting part of Houston. I talked with Trey and he was great. I thought they had a ton of sweet boats in inventory. I had a hard time getting myself out of the 242 World's.

Made it to Freebirds, too. Awesome lunch. Thanks for the recommendation.

jmvotto
02-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Levi, congrats on the sale. Nice problem to have. Wakeboats have come along way in the last 10 years. Your going to go with your gut on the wake or the family piece with the storage . Either way it will be what you want and in the dream category.

Few years ago my wife drove a gmc Yukon Denali and always wanted a Volvo, bought a Volvo, drove it for three years , now she is back to a gmc Yukon.

Go ride and have fun.

Diggs gets a new ride every year and looks at all the boats and ends up with 21v every year. LOL man knows what he wants.....

02-29-2012, 02:43 AM
If you read the fine print, that price of Mojo that is $52,900 is the "Base Price shown" not the actual price of the boat. Loaded Mojo's go for in the low 60's in Canada.

rdlangston13
02-29-2012, 07:11 AM
It's definitely an interesting part of Houston. I talked with Trey and he was great. I thought they had a ton of sweet boats in inventory. I had a hard time getting myself out of the 242 World's.

Made it to Freebirds, too. Awesome lunch. Thanks for the recommendation.

you could have skipped rinkers but im glad you made it to Freebirds. that's what counts! they do have some sweet boats there, back when my dad was looking for a boat we went up there and spent a few hours looking at Supra 22vs and Chris Rinker offered me a job to help in sales on my days off. I would have loved to help but I had to work during the boat show and my girl really wants me home as much as possible when i am home, and i like that

Canuckle Head
02-29-2012, 02:43 PM
If you read the fine print, that price of Mojo that is $52,900 is the "Base Price shown" not the actual price of the boat. Loaded Mojo's go for in the low 60's in Canada.

Tax in or out?

Mobius22
02-29-2012, 03:22 PM

Well either way, if you don't completely load it then it would still be in the 50's. Low 60's for a completely loaded 22.6 foot wakeboard boat is still a pretty good price. It's defintely not gonna be 65-70K

mnpracing
02-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Well either way, if you don't completely load it then it would still be in the 50's. Low 60's for a completely loaded 22.6 foot wakeboard boat is still a pretty good price. It's defintely not gonna be 65-70K

I wonder what the actual sales price is on a loaded Mojo. A friend is getting a Tige Z3 for $69k with plenty of options except for tower speakers, but has heater, cargo bimini, pro ballast, racks, tandem trailer, etc, etc. That price is too close to the 23' moombas. Thoughts on this?

02-29-2012, 08:42 PM
A loaded Z3 here in Canada was in the 80's-90's.

you da man
02-29-2012, 11:52 PM
I wonder what the actual sales price is on a loaded Mojo. A friend is getting a Tige Z3 for $69k with plenty of options except for tower speakers, but has heater, cargo bimini, pro ballast, racks, tandem trailer, etc, etc. That price is too close to the 23' moombas. Thoughts on this?

Not saying it's not possible but he must have one hell of a hookup for a $69k 2012 Z3 that's loaded except tower speakers. I've seen prices from mid $80's to a tick under $100k on that boat (retail sticker of course) with tower speakers and no heater. I'm not hating on him for getting it for $69k...but I'd love to see what the sticker was on that boat to begin negociations.

KSmith
03-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Not saying it's not possible but he must have one hell of a hookup for a $69k 2012 Z3 that's loaded except tower speakers. I've seen prices from mid $80's to a tick under $100k on that boat (retail sticker of course) with tower speakers and no heater. I'm not hating on him for getting it for $69k...but I'd love to see what the sticker was on that boat to begin negociations.

Bugger that, I'll hate on him for the 69K deal... lucky bugger... ;-)

deals like that never happen for me... lucky bugger...

wolfeman131
03-01-2012, 09:58 AM
I wonder what the actual sales price is on a loaded Mojo.

What do you consider "loaded?"

At the boat show in Jan, I saw very nicely equipped Mojos (330hp motor, digital cruise, bimini, racks, cleats, depth finder, upgraded stereo, dual battery w/ charger, surf platform, chrome graphic, cover, bow filler cushion, solid hull, tandem trailer - which is standard on the Mojo) going out the door for $10,000-$14,000 less than your friend's deal on the Z3.

I won't post exact prices as I can't remember how each boat was equipped, if there was a trade-in and because each dealer has their own price structures that allow them offer different deals.

03-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Looks like my buddy threw down his deposit on a Mojo. It's gonna be a good summer.

jmvotto
03-01-2012, 10:51 PM
He needs an overhead mirror for that bad boy.... Tell him about he group buy. Congrats... To him.

wolfeman131
03-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Looks like my buddy threw down his deposit on a Mojo. It's gonna be a good summer.

Nice. Make sure he hops on here and keeps us posted.

Mobius22
03-02-2012, 03:19 PM

Awesome! Hope he decides to come on the forum!

New Guy
03-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Just an FYI the wake pictures under the XLV and the Mojo are the same boat. Whats the deal with that??

RickT
03-13-2012, 01:45 PM
New Guy,

Good Catch. Sent it to the web group. They will update the photos.

Thanks

Rick

New Guy
03-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Haha I didn't mean to call you out too much on that one. :cool:

gisepi
03-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Well I finally am able to say this I am levis friend who has put a deposit on the new mojo. I joined this forum a long time ago to keep an eye on what all you guys had to say about the boats and now that i am actually getting one of my own and not being a mooch anymore (thanks levi) i figured it was time to make my voice heard. BUild is to start begining of april to have delivery for ice off up here. (fingers crossed) So pumped and looking forward to joining the skiers choice family. we finalized everything today with the dealer so now i just will need to get my hands on build pics as its put together.

kaneboats
03-22-2012, 03:14 AM
Come on gisepi, start your own thread and fess up you have a Mojo on the way. Tell us the color scheme, options, etc. We're all happy for you. Share the love and the joy, OK? Congrats, by the way!

wolfeman131
03-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Congrats!

Gotta warn you, I think Levi is going to log more hours behind your new boat than his! Not due to brands, but more due to price of gas this summer. :)

03-22-2012, 03:41 PM
My plan is to forget my Wallet, a Lot! Plus I am really looking forward to the Mojo Wake.