PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Stereo Re-Build...

ian ashton
02-22-2012, 06:03 PM
It seems every year I rebuild the stereo in my Outback, and this year is certainly no exception.

On the list this of things I am doing this year are:

Build dual battery box (Starboard) & Relocate batteries to where port sub current resides (directly behind bow seat back)
Relocate port side sub to under drivers dash / build dual sub box for helm (2x Kicker L7 10")
Build new amp rack for Exile Harpoon, Xi800.4, and Kicker 1000.1
Instal Exile XM9 tower speakers
Relocate head unit into glove box (currently mounted under glove box)

There are a few other things I am going to do like adding a relay and larger gauge wire for my in-boat LEDs, install the 2 additional Newty transom LED's I scouped up last fall, and I'm sure more interior LED's.

At any rate, I jumped into the battery box this afternoon. I started by finding a local source for King Starboard and picked up 1/4 sheet (24"x48") of black 3/4". I want to avoid using wood for anything, and since Starboard is what seems to be used for all of the factory panels, I figured it would be perfect for this.

First things first, I needed to devise a plan; at $16/sq ft I didn't want to waste any material!
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13475&d=1329947750

The start of my box - I used a chalk line to mark my first cut,then went to it with the table saw (I needed 12" and the my tablesaw gate only goes to 11", so I had to free-ball it):
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13476&d=1329947752

Cut in half, came out pretty clean;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13477&d=1329947753

All the cuts made and a mock-up of the box. Basically the lid will sit flush with the 2 longer sides, and on top of the 2 shorter sides. I'm going to use a small square of scrap on the inside of the lid on each end to keep it from sliding back and forth, and some stainless steel latches to hold it in place. I'll cut vents into the sides as well as holes for the wires once I get everything laid out.
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13474&d=1329947749

I need to pick up some stainless steel screws so I can get it together, I thought I had some but alas they weren't stainless.

Overall the Starboard is pretty easy to work with - I cut it with the same blade I use for MDF and it seemed to do fine, maybe a little harsh, but for this where finished edges don't really matter I'm not worried about it. I'll likely use a router on all of the edges to finish it off, but ideally this will never be seen anyway, as it will be mounted behind the amp rack in the observer side storage compartment.

wolfeman131
02-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Ian, looks like some nice mods but you gotta be careful using a table saw while free-balling.

viking
02-23-2012, 12:01 AM
u might wanna wear a cup :)
can't wait to see the progress...........

tcallis
02-23-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm excited to see how this goes. Please keep us updated with pictures. Thanks, Tom

mmandley
02-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Looking good Ian, i assume your putting a cover over your battery box or is this a door on the side to make it easier to slide the batteries in and out?

I personally would build a door to the access it from the side.

ian ashton
02-23-2012, 07:57 PM
The top piece will be the door.

I'm going to run a 1/0 plug out of the start battery to use for jumping and such, other than that I dont think I need quick access to the batteries.

Cheesedip.

chawk610
02-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Ian, I can't wait to see how this whole thing goes... as I need to re-tool my sad system in the worst way. I am hoping this inspires me to get it done. I do see a major flaw in your design though... not one beer in any of those pics??? Good luck with that!

kaneboats
02-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Ahh. Looks just like a first kiss-- and it is -- every time. Gotta love beer.

chawk610
02-24-2012, 03:43 PM
^^^ LMFAO I didn't even think of it that way, but you are sooo right!

ian ashton
02-27-2012, 06:18 PM
I ordered a bunch of 1/2" Starboard, for the top and bottom of the battery box, and also to build the amp rack. Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow so I can get moving on these projects. I intend to get the amps all mounted, wired, and looking good in my living room, then I can put the whole board into the boat, plug in the speaker wires and RCAs, hook up the batteries, and be good to go.

ian ashton
02-29-2012, 01:45 PM
I finished up the battery box, and started to play around with the layout of the amp rack. I really need to get to the boat and measure what kind of room I have to work with, this is all really just playing at this point.

I am not going to use hinges, rather I will get a strap or some stainless clamps to hold the lid down - here you can see the lid with the little blocks to keep it from sliding around:
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13502&d=1330537035
I also put some runners inside to keep the smaller battery from moving.

Battery box with the lid in place and holes drilled for wires:
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13501&d=1330537033

Playing around with what will become the amp rack:
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13500&d=1330537032

I am going to pedestal mount each amp to accommodate air flow and cooling, not sure if I'll leave it raw Starboard or wrap in vinyl or carpet. This board is 24" high by 36" wide, which I think will be too large for my Outback (previous was 24"x24"), but we'll see. Looking at this makes me kind of mental, the Kicker ZX1000.1 stands out like a sore thumb next to those nice matching Exile amps. Maybe I'll tuck the 1000.1 behind the side cushion or something.

harmsway
02-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Ian, looking great. Wish I had somewhere near me to purchase the black plastic board. One thing you might want to think about battery cases need to vent and if the cables are about the same size of the holes in the side you may want to make some type of vent on the case.

ian ashton
02-29-2012, 04:23 PM
The box its self is not really sealed up tight, but I think I will likely put a vent hole on the opposite side as well. I am going to wait 'till I have it in the boat to determine placement of the vent - I want it out if sight, but also not blocked by anything.

ian ashton
02-29-2012, 04:24 PM
I also think I am going to use a router to round all of the edges - I need to stop at HomeDepot and pick up a bit, I couldn't find it last night when I was tinkering.

bergermaister
02-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Smart man rounding off those sharp edges.

Did you consider mounting the kicker in between the exiles, then put your distro blocks either down low or up high? I personally like things balanced and symmetrical.

Or possibly stack the Exiles horizontally on one side, the Kicker vertical on the other?

EarmarkMarine
02-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Its looking great so far. Lots of thought. Lots of effort.
I do have a question about the redundant fusing when the amplifiers already have fuses in the chassis? That's extra points of contact and extra resistance. Its just odd when the master fuse or breaker should trip before the short lengths of 4-gauge could be harmful if shorted. And certainly a reduction in wire gauge coupled with a protracted distance would normally necessitate independent fusing. But that is a very very short extension. Contrastly its critically important to the safety of occupants and for the boat to have a master fuse or breaker within a few inches of the battery or battery switch supply. That would be triple fusing.

David
Earmark Marine

MLA
02-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Ian, looking great. Wish I had somewhere near me to purchase the black plastic board. One thing you might want to think about battery cases need to vent and if the cables are about the same size of the holes in the side you may want to make some type of vent on the case.

Im in the Charlotte are and have a plastics guy here in town that does some work for me. Im sure he could give you an out the door price on the raw materials. He stocks sheets and rolls as well as plexi and acrylic.

PM me if you want the name and number.

New Guy
02-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Ian pull the top cover off of the kicker and paint it to match. I'm pretty sure that kicker has some vinyl wraps for the amps too.

ian ashton
02-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Its looking great so far. Lots of thought. Lots of effort.
I do have a question about the redundant fusing when the amplifiers already have fuses in the chassis? That's extra points of contact and extra resistance. Its just odd when the master fuse or breaker should trip before the short lengths of 4-gauge could be harmful if shorted. And certainly a reduction in wire gauge coupled with a protracted distance would normally necessitate independent fusing. But that is a very very short extension. Contrastly its critically important to the safety of occupants and for the boat to have a master fuse or breaker within a few inches of the battery or battery switch supply. That would be triple fusing.

David
Earmark Marine

Ironically enough, none of my amps are fused at the moment, I just bought the fused distro because it looked cool and I needed to split rather than connecting directly to the battery, lol.

Cheesedip.

ian ashton
02-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Ian pull the top cover off of the kicker and paint it to match. I'm pretty sure that kicker has some vinyl wraps for the amps too.

At some point I'll just buy the matching Exile sub amp.

Cheesedip.

EarmarkMarine
03-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Oftentimes with the compound contour of the hull you have a lot of available depth behind some portion of the amp panel. So, if you get too tight on space you can create a window behind one of the amplifiers and place distribution and related parts on a sub panel behind the window. It only needs to be spaced off the back of the amplifier panel enough to pass through the heavier supply cables.

David
Earmark Marine

ian ashton
03-06-2012, 01:46 PM
I moved the boat from my dads garage (about 40 minutes from my house) to a buddies heated warehouse about 10 minutes from my house to allow me to get an early start on my stereo rebuild.

Last night I got down and dirty with pulling the remainder of the old equipment out, as well as re-routing a bunch of wiring and such. It seems that since I built the stereo in stages, there was not much organization to the wiring (IE: a wire added here, another there) so I decided to pull it all out and start from scratch.

The rats nest:
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13551&d=1331054993
^^This picture makes it look much worse than it was when things were operational, lol. This is after I removed many of the zip ties and tape that had the wiring organized.

While going through everything I found a little pass through that allows me to run wires from 1 side to the other without routing through the bow! This is huge, as I previously had a huge harness going all the way around. Once I'm finished pulling the wires through I will tie everything up neatly;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13550&d=1331054992

The new battery box it its almost new location - I am going to cut that brace on the right out so the box can sit flush against the wall. The brace does not connect to (or even touch) the floor, so I can't see why lobbing a few inches off the bottom would hurt. I guess I'll find out;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13553&d=1331054996

Her new home for the next month or two;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13552&d=1331054994

ian ashton
03-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Putting my label maker to use!
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13554&d=1331056191

And a shot of the rig - this is the first time I've towed with the Jeep since lowering it - it actually pulled really well. I still need to put air bags in the rear to keep it from bottoming out on big bumps;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13555&d=1331056192

KG's Supra24
03-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Nice Jeep!

Wiring looks like a nightmare, haha. That is tedious work.

wolfeman131
03-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Great to have a friend with a heated warehouse!

Looking good, Ian.

kaneboats
03-06-2012, 02:35 PM
The journey is half the fun (although my elbows don't agree with that sentiment).

chawk610
03-06-2012, 03:07 PM
I wonder if we all have that pass through... I have wires strung around my bow as we speak.

ian ashton
03-06-2012, 03:31 PM
I bet you do - on my boat I found it because it is how the factory runs +/- from the battery to the fuse box under the dash. I just tied 2 18awg lines to the ring terminal, pulled it through, left one 18awg in the tunnel, and pulled the power wire back through. Then I used the other 18awg to tie my other wires to and pull back through. Bingo Bango.

I actually enjoy playing with the wiring, its oddly rewarding.

dusty2221
03-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Those pics bring back awful memories!!

Glad it's you and not me this time! Lookin great so far!

Hoopskier
03-06-2012, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=chawk610;169644]I wonder if we all have that pass through... QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ian ashton;169646]I bet you do -QUOTE]

I believe the Outbacks do, I strung my wire the same way for my 2nd amp under the helm. Other models may differ because the Outbacks dont have the storage in the floor.

wolfeman131
03-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Glad it's you and not me this time!

It'll be you soon. Spring is just a few days away & KG is loooong way away from shootin' tunes across the H2O.

KG's Supra24
03-06-2012, 04:43 PM
It'll be you soon. Spring is just a few days away & KG is loooong way away from shootin' tunes across the H2O.

... likes this

kaneboats
03-06-2012, 04:44 PM
The LSV has a good one from behind the observer's seat into the ski locker, along the "ski locker ceiling" if you will, then there's a tube attached to the ceiling in there just ahead of the ski locker opening and you can go right back from there to the hump below the driver's feet. A lot easier than around the bow under the seats. Very easy to reach and to fish through too.

ian ashton
03-06-2012, 04:50 PM
If only this thread existed 4 years ago when I initially wired it! :)

newty
03-06-2012, 06:59 PM
The LSV has a good one from behind the observer's seat into the ski locker, along the "ski locker ceiling" if you will, then there's a tube attached to the ceiling in there just ahead of the ski locker opening and you can go right back from there to the hump below the driver's feet. A lot easier than around the bow under the seats. Very easy to reach and to fish through too.

Yea what he said!lol

mmandley
03-06-2012, 08:58 PM
The brace is not an up and down structural device but a side brace. Its there to help add rigidity to the fiber glass making the passenger dash so when you use the walk threw that section isnt weak and gets broken. I would think you can trim some of it down but if you get to trimming to much i would cut some alluminum angle bar and screw it in place to keep the structure tight.

Looking good mang

rdlangston13
03-07-2012, 11:37 AM
i have 4 sets of RCAs plus the power wires for my WS420 plus my subwoofer speaker wire all jammed into that secret tunnel, i think i used all the space in mine up

kaneboats
03-07-2012, 12:04 PM
I think that's exactly what's in mine too.

ian ashton
03-07-2012, 02:10 PM
I got a few packages in the mail today - a bunch of 8awg power and ground that I intend to use to power my LED's and Transom LEDs - I experienced a bit of dimming with the shared 12awg when everything was on, so I figured I will re-run the main lines and use a relay to power everything.

The second package was a Tantrum Tow Ropes (http://www.tantrumtowropes.com/products.html) wireless speed controller! I saw the manufacturers post on here (I think it got deleted?) and then stumbled across an eBay auction from them with an opening bid at $.99 and no reserve - I put in a max bid of ~$100 and ended up snagging it for a little less than that shipped! Not bad, and I figure at that price its well worth being the "test dummy" - I'll be sure to post a separate opinion thread once I get a chance to play with it.

Whats in the box:
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13562&d=1331143244
It comes with the receiver, remote, and an arm-band that holds the remote. I think I'll probably hook up a carabiner or something to the remote and attach it to the handle, rather than my body, but I guess I'll have to play around and see what is easiest.

To give you an idea of the size of the remote;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13561&d=1331143243

New Guy
03-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Interesting let us know how that works. I don't know what handle you have but keep in mind that when you fall it will be slapping in the water the whole time. I don't think I would trust a carabiner. Maybe solid mount it to the handle.

kaneboats
03-07-2012, 02:32 PM
I wonder if you put it in the outside pocket of your board shorts closed with zipper or velcro if you could work the adjustment right through the fabric. Maybe Dusty's Mom could help with this technique?

ian ashton
03-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Both great points, and good idea kane - I'll probably try this...

It has actual buttons, so from a logistical stand point it should work, not sure on the range...

harmsway
03-07-2012, 08:47 PM
I wonder if we all have that pass through... I have wires strung around my bow as we speak.

There is a pass through on the '08 LS. If you follow the power cable from battery to the breaker panel you will find it. I have fished several cables through it myself. If I remember correctly you can stick your head in the ski locker looking foward and you can see it.

viking
03-07-2012, 11:53 PM
tear into that thing and modify it to control your stereo volume too. Then you can control almost everything from the end of the tow rope :)

chawk610
03-08-2012, 11:10 AM
There is a pass through on the '08 LS. If you follow the power cable from battery to the breaker panel you will find it. I have fished several cables through it myself. If I remember correctly you can stick your head in the ski locker looking foward and you can see it.

Very cool... thanks!!! My sub wire bugs me everytime I look under a bow cushion!!!

ian ashton
03-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Slowly but surely, this project is taking shape. Last night I got the brace trimmed down to allow my battery box to fit, I cut out a hole in the glove box for my radio, and I also re-mounted the gunnel trim that I had re-covered (had a wakeboard fall out of the rack and tear the vinyl). I also decided to move my cabin speakers into the factory locations, which required the cutting of more holes. Needless to say, I am very itchy today.

I also got much of the wiring in the observers compartment tied and routed - all that is left is to mount the ACR, battery switch, and put in the amps.

The start of cutting that brace:
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13585&d=1331303563

Cutting done and test fitting the box - I have since trimmed the carpet and stapled it to look nice and clean;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13582&d=1331303559

My wonderful wife purchased me 3 sets of blue LED Speaker Rings from a local guy we saw at the Detroit Boat Show - they look great, and were pretty cheap - $60/pair. Sadly, she is making me wait until my birthday to let me have 'em;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13583&d=1331303560

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13584&d=1331303561

ian ashton
03-11-2012, 06:27 PM
More progress, this time with the amp rack...

I cut the board to 24"x24" and decided to mount just the Exile amps on it - the Kicker will go on the backside of the bow seat, above the battery box. I cut out a channel to give the appearance of 'feet' on the board, and used a router to round all the edges;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13602&d=1331504501

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13601&d=1331504499

Instead of mounting all 4 corners on 1" pedestals I decided to stagger them, with 1" rise at the top, and nothing at the bottom. I think it looks pretty cool;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13603&d=1331504502

The backside of the board; I ditched the idea of displaying the distribution blocks - all that I have left is to run RCAs and the 1/0 from the distro to the batteries;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13604&d=1331504504

harmsway
03-11-2012, 07:09 PM
It is looking really sharp. Are you going to mount the amp board in front of the battery box?

ian ashton
03-11-2012, 09:04 PM
This one will go on the outside wall, its the only place that fits everything and is out of the way.

ian ashton
03-13-2012, 09:38 AM
I got the Exile amps in yesterday, wired and mounted the battery switch, connected the relays and switches for LEDs, ran the 8awg +/- for LEDs, and test fitted the Kicker ZX1000.1. I need to trim the Starboard to mount that amp on the backside of the seat, but this picture shows where it will be;

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13610&d=1331645670

I also ran the wiring for the Kicker amp, so I just need to plug it in and I'll be good to go.

Still on the 'to-do' list:

Find a spot for the ACR
Install the XM9's
Build new sub box
Run the 8awg for transom LEDs
Install the additional 2 transom LEDs
LED speaker rings
Wire LEDs

New Guy
03-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Looking good! what are you going to do with you vent?

rdlangston13
03-13-2012, 11:40 AM
8 gauge wire for the transom LEDS? that seems a little extreme, how much power do they pull??

ian ashton
03-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Looking good! what are you going to do with you vent?

I just need to reconnect it - the amps don't block it.

8 gauge wire for the transom LEDS? that seems a little extreme, how much power do they pull??
Not much, I also ran 8awg for the interior LEDs. I figured I'd rather have overkill than under kill!

rdlangston13
03-13-2012, 04:02 PM
whats the status on the chrome engine compartment vents?

ian ashton
03-13-2012, 04:42 PM
They are sitting in the holes, I just need to connect the hoses.

ian ashton
03-16-2012, 10:01 AM
More progress from last night - I got the batteries in, cabin speakers mounted, and head-unit mounted and wired up - this is huge, as I can now listen to tunes on the boat stereo while I work, rather than the tiny iPhone speakers, lol. I also got the sub amp mounted and partially wired (need to fish the speaker wire and hook up the turn-on wire). I also got the wires run for the left side tower speaker.

Headunit in its new location, where it would have been from the factory had I ordered it with a radio:
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13620&d=1331906134
I need to get a trim ring for the faceplate, somehow I managed to lose the original.

Cabin speakers in their factory locations (I used to have them on a separate panel in that opening under the stripes:
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13622&d=1331906136
I haven't connected any of the LEDs yet, as I'm waiting for my wife to give me the rings for the speakers on my birthday in a few weeks, which is why there are wires hanging around in this picture.

Amps mounted and the batteries in place. This picture makes it evident that I need to tilt the mounting board for the Kicker amp - weird, I couldn't see it in person, but it makes me mental in the picture, lol:
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13621&d=1331906135

ian ashton
03-16-2012, 10:06 AM
The first time I ran the speaker wires through my tower it was an absolute nightmare - like a few hours per side trying to fish wire through a tiny hole and get it to come out the other end.

The other day at Home Depot I ran across this little gem, intended to aide in the fishing of wires through walls. For $14 it is a must have for anyone considering a tower speaker install. I was able to fish the wire on one side in about 10 minutes, including time to drill!
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13619&d=1331906132

This is how I will mount the quick-release brackets - same location as my previous speaker install, even used one of the same holes. I need to get longer bolts to mount the bracket, hence the finger holding it in place for the picture, haha.
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13623&d=1331906140

To get the wires from the oval bar into the front downtube I had to drill a hole through the downtube and into the oval tube - to cover that hole I will use a stainless steel plug, should make it blend right in.

ian ashton
03-19-2012, 10:48 AM
I spent some time working on the sub enclosure this weekend - a little more time that I expected actually, lol. I decided to go with Birch wood for the box, instead of a synthetic material. The reason being that I was completely winging the measurements with the compound curves, and at $18/ft using Starboard or similar would yeild some expensive mistakes.

What I've come up with is about 2.4 cubic feet, that will have an external port tuned to ~35 hz, and house 2x 10" Kicker L7s. I decided to go this route at the suggestion of Phil from Kicker.

My work area - it was so nice out I decided to drag my tools outside and work in the driveway, rather than my basement;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13647&d=1332168163

Piecing the box together - this is where I made a crutial mistake that I didn't realize until I tried to put the box into the boat - what is the mistake...
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13648&d=1332168164

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13649&d=1332168166

...the mistake was that I built the box backwards, LOL! Fortunately, I did not glue, and only used the pnumatic nail gun, and hadn't put in any batons yet - so all I had to do to correct was pry it apart, pull all of the nails, and re-build the correct way. I need to cut 2 new pieces based on the angles, but that won't be an issue at all;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13646&d=1332168162

Once I get the sides cut I'll get it in the boat for a test fit and mark where my port will go - I'm thinking that it will come out of the top left side, and vent forward, but I need to measure the clearance before I start cutting.

newty
03-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Lol I was looking at the pics before I read the post and though to my self "how in heck is that going to fit under the dash".
That sucks, sorry man.

How many cubes you getting out of that box? You doing a slot port?

Speakers in the panels look really nice. Nice work so far. Cant wait to see the 3 Transome LED's in the water.

ian ashton
03-19-2012, 12:35 PM
It's like 2.4 cubic feet, roughly.

Slot port through the top, facing forward.

I am going to start the LEDs once this is done, hopefully by the end of the week :)

newty
03-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Thas going to be tight for 2 L7's. It's still going to part the hair on your legs!:p

ian ashton
03-19-2012, 01:56 PM
I thought so too, but Phil said I should definitely run both subs ported, rather than single ported or 2 in sealed. Since he is the man, I figured I'd run with it!

newty
03-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Good call!

ian ashton
03-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Some more work done on my sub box - I got it rebuilt the correct way, and also cut the holes for the woofers and the port. Next step is a final test fit, to build the port, resin, and rhino-line.

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13658&d=1332338570

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13659&d=1332338571

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13655&d=1332338566

ian ashton
03-21-2012, 10:07 AM
A few pics of the tower speakers.

Mounted;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13656&d=11332338568

And how I mounted 'em;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13657&d=1332338569

chawk610
03-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Dang... that is some good work... it's a shame that pretty wood has to be covered!

ian ashton
03-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Meh, its trick photography! I'm a pretty big hack, lol.

viking
03-21-2012, 05:10 PM
how heavy is your tower with those beasts?

ian ashton
03-21-2012, 05:32 PM
About 38 pounds heavier? LOL.

I never fold the tower down, except to get it into the garage. The speakers have an awesome quick release, so if its too heavy I can just pop them off - right now I can't fold the tower up because the lights in the warehouse are too low, so I haven't tried.

New Guy
03-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Ian can you take some pictures of the swivel racks for me.

moombadaze
03-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Ian, great work and cant wait to see the finished project with the lights too

ian ashton
03-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Ian can you take some pictures of the swivel racks for me.

Here is a link to the thread I made when I first installed them - let me know if you want a different angle or something;
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?16083-My-new-Moomba-Roswell-Swivel-Racks...&highlight=roswell+swivel+racks

And yes, the racks hit the speakers if rotated all the way in. The only time I'd do that is when the boat is moored, in which case the speakers will be off the tower, so I didn't see it as an issue.

New Guy
03-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks Ian stereo is getting there!

Canuckle Head
03-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Hi Ian,

Did you manage to fish the speaker wire through the oval tube for the install of those speakers?

ian ashton
03-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Yea, I did.

I had to drill a feed hole through the down tube and into the oval tube, so now I need to get a plug for those holes, but it's basically unnoticeable.

ian ashton
03-26-2012, 12:54 PM
I got everything hooked up and took the boat out this weekend, and all I can say is WOW! The XI800.4 on the coaxial speakers made what sounded great already sound spectacular! The Harpoon on the XM9's is LOUD & CLEAR, and the ported box with the L7s and Kicker ZX1000.1 POUNDS.

I didn't get any pics of the tower speakers uncovered yet, but they look killer.

Filling up before hitting the water - the XM9s with their wetsuits on :)
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13697&d=1332780525

The subs installed - I still need to make the trim piece to cover the box, that should be done this week.
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13698&d=1332780526

KG's Supra24
03-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Looks great. I'm digging the side by side subs alot!

chawk610
03-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Looks great! I have a kinda off topic question... looking at your picture of gassing up. I never get mine over 3/4 tank so fuel doesn't come out onto the boat... Judd (who I bought the boat from) taught me that. Am I the only one who does that?

wolfeman131
03-26-2012, 05:25 PM
As far as I know, yes, you are the only person I know that doesn't fill their boat all the way up with gas. I ususally fill mine until it's spilling all down the side and into the lake, wrecking the delicate marine habitat and ruining the water for everyone.

KG's Supra24
03-26-2012, 05:26 PM
That would be a 13 gallon safety net here. LOL, no I def don't do that. I'd think you are still leaving 10 gallons on the table?

You can listen for it or put some paper cloth around it. The place I usually stop at is actually pretty good about the clicker catching it.

dusty2221
03-26-2012, 05:26 PM
^Cosign both of the above.

ian ashton
03-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Looks great! I have a kinda off topic question... looking at your picture of gassing up. I never get mine over 3/4 tank so fuel doesn't come out onto the boat... Judd (who I bought the boat from) taught me that. Am I the only one who does that?

Ummm; I just hold the handle wen it gets close so it doesn't kick back. If I didn't top it off I'd have to get gas more than we already do, which is every few days at the peak.

rdlangston13
03-26-2012, 10:27 PM
mine kicks back...dont think it hurts anything???

jpetty3023
03-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Chawk, I just grab a couple of the paper towels they have out at the gas stations and wrap them around the pipe. If any gas over flows out, the paper towels absorb most of the spill and maybe just a trickle gets on boat. Just wipe that up real good and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harmsway
03-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Fill the boat all the way up, after a while you'll get pretty good at guessing how many gallons it will take according to where the fuel gauge is at. And the more time at the pump is less time on the lake. There are days were we fill the boat up 2 times a day.

ian ashton
03-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Here are some pics of the tower speakers;

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13712&d=1332854436

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13711&d=1332854434

chawk610
03-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Man, I love those blue cans...

On the gas issue... guess I am being a baby. :)

jpetty3023
03-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Just cautious!! You have an expensive hobby and don't wanna F nothing up. You'll get comfortable with it soon enuff thou

Razzman
03-27-2012, 12:44 PM
On the gas issue... guess I am being a baby. :)

Yup lol! By not filling it all the way up your screwing yourself out of the built in reserve system, just saying :rolleyes:

I get these hose "bibs", for lack of better term, at the lake marina. They are an absorbant material, have a hole at the top and you slide them over the gas nozzle and then insert nozzle into the tank. If any gas does spill they absorb it no fuel down side of boat. As gas evaps you can squeeze them out and reuse them.

Another tip is to get a paper towel soaking wet and a dry one before you pump. Keep your ear near the fuel fill and you'll hear a sudden change from filling to gurgling when it's almost full. If you do spill just quick wipe the area with the soaked towel and dry, no damage.

The less you worry about your boat and what might happen or get damaged the more you'll actually enjoy it, trust me on that one! ;)

kaneboats
03-27-2012, 12:54 PM
After I spill all down the side of the boat I grab the window washer squeegee and wash the side of the boat and then squeegee it all off. Finish with a paper towel wipe.

dusty2221
03-27-2012, 01:00 PM
After I spill all down the side of the boat I grab the window washer squeegee and wash the side of the boat and then squeegee it all off. Finish with a paper towel wipe.

Same here, I do try to be a bit ahead and stick a paper towel or 30 around the nozzle, then if it gets by the windshield washer takes quick care of it.

mmandley
03-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Stereo looking awesome Ian.

Chawk yea stop being a weiner about filling your boat man LOL. JPetty does it the same as i do also, just stick it in set it to the Lowest auto setting and stand there listening to it. When its about 3 gallons from full it will sound a lot different. I also use paper towels and stuff them in the filler neck.

@ those guys using the windhield wiper to clean the gas, now i know why i cant get a decent winshield clean LOL.

You might even look into this, im thinking of getting one for my bike and see how it does on the boat.

http://www.mccuff.com/

newty
03-27-2012, 02:09 PM
He he he... he called you a weiner!

chawk610
03-28-2012, 10:54 AM
LMAO... that's the nicest thing I have been called today actually.

ian ashton
03-29-2012, 09:32 AM
I made more progress yesterday; got the newty Transom LEDs installed, ran the 8AWG +/- for them, hooked up the relays for all of the LEDs, and started wiring some of the in-boat lights.

My starting point; the single newty LED spot;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13724&d=1333027814

Yes, I know, the light on the left is off-center - the drill bit for the wire wandered when I was drilling, resulting in what you see here. I'm not too worried about it, since its under water 99% of the time;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13723&d=1333027813

I wanted to put them on the outside of the exhaust, but there wasn't enough room, and on the outsides of the platform brackets the hull is filled with foam, so I wouldn't be able to get the wires through without much aggravation.

I picked up some 1/4" Starboard for the trim panel for my subs, hopefully will get to that tonight or tomorrow. Things are really coming together :)

newty
03-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Whoa, thats a snug fit. I'll bet they throw a ton of light!

wolfeman131
03-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Dude, you're going to blind the guppies!

ian ashton
03-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Whoa, thats a snug fit. I'll bet they throw a ton of light!

Yea, I didn't measure or anything before I bought - I'm glad it worked out, lol.

Dude, you're going to blind the guppies!

After testing them out I found that they illuminate my entire garage blue - I had the "bright" idea to look at the lights, to make sure all 3 were on - yep, they were, and I saw spots for like an hour.

newty
03-29-2012, 01:27 PM
I had the "bright" idea to look at the lights, to make sure all 3 were on - yep, they were, and I saw spots for like an hour.

I did the same thing lol. Just so ya know... don't look directly into the lights cause they're bright.:D

bergermaister
03-29-2012, 01:29 PM
LOL - Hey, once we get the avatars fixed I found your new one!

http://tattoosloveandlunacy.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/blue-man-head.png

newty
03-29-2012, 02:36 PM
LOLz good one Berg!!

kaneboats
03-29-2012, 02:47 PM
That's what Ian is going to look like when he gets his ear next to those new blue speakers.

viking
03-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Did you go with spots this time around or floods on all 3?
looks like this years order the casing is a little darker grey than the first set on group buy!

ian ashton
03-29-2012, 03:42 PM
The 2 new ones are floods, and the existing is a spot. I couldn't determine if the new cases are darker, or if the old one is faded.

newty
03-29-2012, 04:47 PM
A guy on the Supra forum brought up the color issue as well. I talked to Darric and he told me they changed the finish since the first group buy. Like you say, its all under water anyway.

ian ashton
04-02-2012, 04:21 PM
I put a little time into the trim plate to cover the sub enclosure this weekend, here is what I came up with;

I made the faceplate out of 1/4" Starboard - I didn't like the way it came out around the corners, I should have rounded them rather than going squared off, not sure what I was thinking there;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13744&d=1333396788

So, I decided I'd make an acrylic trim ring, to be illuminated with blue LEDs, just like the cabin speakers.

Clear, rough cut to size;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13745&d=1333396789

I used a router to round the edges;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13746&d=1333396790

And then lots of sanding. I ordered the LED strip online, once it arrives I'll cut out the center and get this aspect of the project wrapped up;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13747&d=1333396792

rdlangston13
04-03-2012, 01:16 AM
So everytime I has up and it comes back out of the filler neck I don't do anything. Just never worried about it. Does this negatively affect the gel coat or something?

kaneboats
04-03-2012, 09:04 AM
You should try to wash it off or at least wipe it off. It evaporates pretty quickly on days it's nice enough to be putting gas in the boat though.

wolfeman131
04-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I think it will take any wax right off the boat but you would need extended saturation to damage the gel.

ChrisK
04-03-2012, 02:27 PM
You're making me jealous Ian! Keep up the good work, can't wait to see those LED's in the water and I love the unique placement of the tower cans. Where did you pick up the acrylic for the LED sub enclosure trim?

ian ashton
04-03-2012, 05:44 PM
You're making me jealous Ian! Keep up the good work, can't wait to see those LED's in the water and I love the unique placement of the tower cans. Where did you pick up the acrylic for the LED sub enclosure trim?

Thanks! I got the acrylic from Home Depot for $18. Its a little bit thinner than the speaker rings (.22 vs .75) but I think it should do the job just fine, and it was cheap enough. I might try to make cup holder rings out of the scrap if I feel ambitious.

chawk610
04-04-2012, 10:24 AM
I can't wait to see the night shots! Better do a video so we can hear it as well!!!

ian ashton
04-04-2012, 11:31 AM
I am going to take it out tonight, should be able to get some pics :)

New Guy
04-09-2012, 09:55 AM
So..............................

chawk610
04-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Paging Ian Ashton... please report to the photo show off area...

ian ashton
04-09-2012, 12:34 PM
I didn't stay out late enough for the night pics of the underwater LEDs :(

chawk610
04-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Darn curfews!

ian ashton
04-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Last time we went out it was my birthday, and the wife had some other plans for the evening, lol.

jpetty3023
04-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I LOVE those type of outings Ian. Wife out of town this week, home Friday and she has already made reservations for a day trip out while kids are at school!!

ian ashton
04-12-2012, 05:12 PM
I just noticed that I forgot to post pictures of the LED speaker rings in here, so here they are!

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13860&d=1334265151

kaneboats
04-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Coolness! I mean, that's a cool color and I mean that literally, or is it figuratively? Hmm, I guess it's figuratively otherwise it would have to be cold to the touch.

ian ashton
04-16-2012, 12:31 PM
We had a rainy weekend, so I decided to put some scrap acrylic and spare LEDs to good use and try to make my own LED cup holder rings. I must say, they turned out pretty sweet, and I like the lower profile as opposed to the commercially available units, which are a bit thicker.

Here is a bit of a 'How Tow' for those that are interested;

Keeping in the 'low budget' feel of this project, rather than buying a router table, I made one of my own, lol. My router has a 'plunge' option that made this work awesome, basically I was able to have the bit under the base of the table, put the acrylic in place, then push the table down onto the spinning bit, cutting into the acrylic. The key in the cutting is constant motion to keep from melting the plastic;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13892&d=1334592915
I measured out radius for the inside and outside of the circles and drilled a hole in the "table" for each, and marked them with an orange highlighter so I remembered which were correct (it was a trail and error process).

So, to start I drilled a hole in what will become the center of the circle. From there, I used an allen wrench through the hole and into the hole on the table that I drilled for the outside, cutting a perfect circle;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13893&d=1334592930

Then I switched the allen wrench to the smaller hole and cut the inside circle;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13894&d=1334592946
Note - the inside circle was a little tight so I had to open it up freehand with the router, hence the rough inside edge - not a big deal since you can't see once mounted.

Once I had the rings figured out I needed to shorten the LED strips - easy enough, I just had to cut them to length and solder wires onto the ends;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13895&d=1334592970

ian ashton
04-16-2012, 12:39 PM
*Not pictured: I used a coarse sanding block to give the acrylic a frosted look, and remove any rough edges from the router.

Ready to mount. the ring and LED strip;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13896&d=1334593932

This is where the cup holder rings are a little different than the speaker rings; because the thickness of the ring is less than the LED, I stuck the LED strip directly to the cup holder, rather than gluing it to the ring. Once I had the LED in place I slipped the ring over top, and gave it a test fit;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13897&d=1334593938

Once I had each cup holder setup complete I just had to go into the boat and put them in place. I secured them with 3M double sided tape;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13898&d=1334593948

And a shot in the dark;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13899&d=1334593954

Mounting in the fiberglass was a little tricky - I had to cut a bit of a slot for the wires to feed through, as the factory hole is very tight and wouldn't allow the cup holder to sit flush due to the thickness of the wire - I guess if I used smaller wire this might not have been an issue, but it was an easy enough fix, and you can't see where I had to cut because its under the lip.

bergermaister
04-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Sweet work Ian! I'm ready to place my order!!!

dusty2221
04-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Ian, since we have the same in boat's, I'll go ahead and take 3 pair please, in red.

:)

viking
04-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Nice Job Ian. Very resourceful and turned out pretty frickin sweet.

jmvotto
04-16-2012, 04:37 PM
where did you get that custom Hi tech router table??? LOL

ian ashton
04-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Yesterday evening I dove in to re-making the faceplate that will cover my sub box, as I didn't like how the previous attempt came out. Rather than having the faceplate go on around the subs, I'm going to mount the subs on top of it.

Here you can see the first try - the vinyl looks bad because I messed around with some different boarders, so it looks extra crappy. I used the outline of the old piece as a starting point for the new one. I made 2 flaps on the new one to make it easier to get in and out, as the old one was really cumbersome;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13945&d=1334932809

Some of the cuts made, I'm also going to put 2 blue square voltage gauges on a switch so I can monitor voltage between the 2 battery banks when the boat isn't running, which is what the square holes are for. The heater vent will come out of the top;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13946&d=1334932810

Speaker holes cut, and playing with the voltage gauges and heater vent;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13944&d=1334932808

Going to pick up some vinyl this weekend and wrap this aspect of the project up (literally, har har har.)

chawk610
04-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Man, I have been dying for speaker rings in the bow... You used 1/4" acrylic? I have some in the shop as well as (2) LED strips left over. I only have wood bits for my router, is that what you used?

Great job BTW!

dusty2221
04-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Ian, did you get mine cut and sent?

ian ashton
04-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Man, I have been dying for speaker rings in the bow... You used 1/4" acrylic? I have some in the shop as well as (2) LED strips left over. I only have wood bits for my router, is that what you used?

Great job BTW!

The speaker rings I purchased, I think they are 1".

The cupholders are .22" (close enough to .25 for me, lol) that I got at Home Depot. I don't see why that wouldn't work for speakers though. And yes, the bit I used is just a standard wood bit, I think it was $13.

ian ashton
04-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Ian, did you get mine cut and sent?

Of course, the check is in the mail!

In all honesty, I will be happy to cut out the rings for ya, as I have some other projects that I'm working on that require the same materials. You can get the LEDs on your own :)

dusty2221
04-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Deal, I've got your Paypal addy!

chawk610
04-20-2012, 04:47 PM
I meant cupholder... my mistake!

KG's Supra24
04-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Looks sharp. I'm anxious to see final sub setup

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dusty2221
04-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Looks sharp. I'm anxious to see final sub setup

And the led rings Ian is sending me, right?

ian ashton
04-23-2012, 10:00 AM
More progress, its finally starting to look decent...

I wanted to try to make some rings for my 10" L7 subs to add a little jazz to the area, so I started with an 18" x 24" sheet from Home Depoit;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13978&d=1335187866

I cut the sheet into to squares on the table saw, then used a router to get the rounded edges.
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13979&d=1335187867

Then I used the router to cut out the inside. I also made channels for the areas where screws mount the sub to the box;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13980&d=1335187868

Yes, I need to vacuum;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13977&d=1335187864

As with the cup holder rings, I stuck the LED strips directly to the speaker, rather than to the acrylic, and it seemed to work fine. Again, I think the thin ring looks pretty neat, when they are off you don't notice that its there at all.

ian ashton
04-23-2012, 10:01 AM
And in the dark;

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13981&d=1335189656

bbuhtz
04-23-2012, 10:05 AM
That looks sharp!

KG's Supra24
04-23-2012, 10:30 AM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfecfqRwT81qfwmg6o1_400.jpg

jpetty3023
04-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Your a certified stereo DIY'er PIMP Ian

jmvotto
04-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Ian, great work. When I come to Michigan this summer I will drop off the Xlv to be pimped....at your shop. LOL.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

ian ashton
04-23-2012, 01:55 PM
LOL, aka my driveway!

Do you come to Michigan? If so we should hook up and do some boating!

jmvotto
04-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Probably once or twice a year. In laws area SE of Kzoo closer to the INDY border. Might be a haul but I will let you know wheni come to MI. I love skiing behind DD.

ian ashton
04-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Plugging away; this one isn't really a stereo upgrade, but I didn't feel like making a whole new thread for such a small project.

My 2008 OEM Blower Vents looked like crap - cheesy black plastic that have always bothered me. In ~2010 they switched to a much nicer chrome vent, and I've wanted to switch ever since. Fast forward to a few months ago, I found the vents made by Attwood on eBay for $10 a piece - score. They are the exact same as what the factory uses.

Here is what I started with; I think you can see why I hated them;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14027&d=1335443925

Removing the vents and replacing with just the round units looked bad - the new vents didn't cover the old screw holes;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14028&d=1335443926

Not wanting this project to get too out of hand with fiberglass work and such, I figured that a nice piece of SeaDek (http://www.seadek.com/p-13-small-cut-pad-10-x-20.aspx) over the area would be the perfect solution, and $30 later I was right!
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14029&d=1335443927

And of course, I had to make LED rings for the new vents. These will be on the same circuit as the transom LEDs;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14030&d=1335443928

New Guy
04-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Looking great!

wolfeman131
04-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Awesome job, Ian.

You boat is going to light up the entire lake!

kaneboats
04-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Yup, looking pretty slick. Time to hit the water.

jmvotto
04-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Looks awesome, now I have seen it all -- pimping the vents. What's next the steering wheel? LOL

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

wolfeman131
04-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Think JV meant to say, "pimpin' da vents"

bzubke1
04-26-2012, 10:32 AM
That was a good idea with the seadek, with all the led's you have you might as well only go out at night! I'd like to see a pic of your boat at night with all the lights on.

kaneboats
04-26-2012, 10:33 AM
@ Wolfeman: You're losing your mind. That's what he said.

wolfeman131
04-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Am not! I can see where you edited his post, jackleg!

jpetty3023
04-26-2012, 11:43 AM
I see we have a little pranking between mods goin on!!

Sent from my iPhone's cooler than your droid utilizing Tapatalk

ian ashton
04-26-2012, 04:37 PM
That was a good idea with the seadek, with all the led's you have you might as well only go out at night! I'd like to see a pic of your boat at night with all the lights on.

LOL - what is funny is that we don't spend a ton of time on the boat in the dark; usually we'll ride 'till sunset then cruise in, but its not like we party all night or something. I think the LED obsession I have is because they are all really easy projects, cheap enough, and have great results.

bergermaister
04-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Amen brotha, amen.

And whenever you go to sell our boat the buyer is going to freak when he sees all of them!

jpetty3023
04-26-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't about easy!!

ian ashton
04-26-2012, 08:30 PM
The finished product;

http://img.tapatalk.com/450eb55c-e893-df37.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/450eb55c-e89f-40c3.jpg

viking
04-26-2012, 09:10 PM
nice work yet again :)

jmvotto
04-26-2012, 10:32 PM
I see we have a little pranking between mods goin on!!

Yeah at my fat finger error from my droid ... Lol

KG's Supra24
04-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Sleek

bzubke1
04-27-2012, 11:29 AM
You're gonna have to start hangin on the boat at night.

ian ashton
04-27-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm sure this year will yield a ticket or something for illegal lighting, lol

Cigars n scotch
04-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Ian the LED's are looking amazing, great job. I was telling my wife the other day that I wanted to do this small project and start with the cup holders and she responded by saying "why, we're never in the boat at night", which is right. So I'm not moving forward with it, just yet. I need to upgrade my bags before anything. I am so flighty with projects, I see one thing and then another and want to do everything.

bergermaister
04-27-2012, 05:07 PM
I am so flighty with projects, I see one thing and then another and want to do everything.
Mmmmmm stereo stuff, oh look ballast, hmmm, ya ballast...

SQUIRRREL!

Cigars n scotch
04-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Yes berg, exactly. Drives my wife nuts.

Canuckle Head
04-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Mmmmmm stereo stuff, oh look ballast, hmmm, ya ballast...

SQUIRRREL!

Someone has been watching "UP" :)

Awesome movie!