PDA

View Full Version : Bow Sack Question

djking55
02-22-2012, 05:04 PM
I would like to add a bow sack and pump to my LSV. Has anyone done this? If so what do you recommend. I currently use 750 in the rears and 400 in the center.

lsvboombox
02-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Instead of adding a pump i added a dual manifold to the center bag pump. I can control with a lever which bag fills. I have 1100 in the rear so i can still fill the center and the bow sack before the 1100

kaneboats
02-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Please put your year and model in your signature. It makes answering this stuff a lot easier. It's also helpful if you describe your current setup. Thanks! Management.

djking55
02-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Ah ok thank you!

wolfeman131
02-22-2012, 08:34 PM
OK, that helps clear it up as the LSV pre 2006 was much different than the LSV you have. lsvboombox's idea is probably the easiest way to accomplish what you want and will not require you having to drill a hole in your boat.

You can also go with a tsunami over the side to see jusst how much/often you use that sac before drilling a hole in your boat.

Or, if you're dead set on plumbing in a new pump, switch & sac you can do a search on "ballast upgrade" and plenty of posts with ideas will come up.

mmandley
02-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Well filling the bag may not require drilling but draining the bag should be done by adding a threw hull. I personally try to keep my ballast system on a fast drain system, i want that water drained ASAP incase i take a bad roller, or something goes wrong and i need the boat to be as fast as i can. Right now it takes 20+ minutes to fill my 3300lbs of ballast but only takes about 7 to drain it and 5 to drain the 1000 up front.

Im about to do a huge ballast make over and should get my fill times under 10 minutes and drain times should be less then 5 if i can get it that way.

Mobi1
02-23-2012, 09:50 PM
I did this upgrade last year and it worked great. No need to add pumps,manifolds, switches or thru hull fittings. All you need is extra hose, coupler, and shutoff valve. Take the fill side hose of the 400 and extend it to the stbrd side of the bow sac. Take the port side of the bow sac to the original fill side of the 400. Make sure you add a shutoff valve somewhere between. Leave the drain hose of the 400 to the empty pump. Filled and emptied faster than the 1100's.

rdlangston13
02-23-2012, 11:53 PM
i hope to get an ibs this summer and just use a tsumami for the time being. i would like to overhaul the whole system add some more thru hulls

spencerwm
03-03-2012, 01:10 AM
I did this upgrade last year and it worked great. No need to add pumps,manifolds, switches or thru hull fittings. All you need is extra hose, coupler, and shutoff valve. Take the fill side hose of the 400 and extend it to the stbrd side of the bow sac. Take the port side of the bow sac to the original fill side of the 400. Make sure you add a shutoff valve somewhere between. Leave the drain hose of the 400 to the empty pump. Filled and emptied faster than the 1100's. Yeah what he said.

Also a heads up that not just gas prices are going to rise this summer. The Integrated Bow Sac and 400lb. V-Drive Sac Set prices are going up as well. Get them while they are in stock, because once we sell through our winter inventory we are going to raise our prices.

For anyone that has not boated when gas prices are high you are in for a treat. I have never had so many days with perfect water in my life. I have great memories of 2008. Filling up was a little more expensive but it was like paying for a private lake. Happy Boating!

Boonejeepin
03-03-2012, 10:01 AM
In that case...... +1 for expensive gas. Less congestion at the ramp would be enjoyable.

mnpracing
03-03-2012, 05:17 PM
I did this upgrade last year and it worked great. No need to add pumps,manifolds, switches or thru hull fittings. All you need is extra hose, coupler, and shutoff valve. Take the fill side hose of the 400 and extend it to the stbrd side of the bow sac. Take the port side of the bow sac to the original fill side of the 400. Make sure you add a shutoff valve somewhere between. Leave the drain hose of the 400 to the empty pump. Filled and emptied faster than the 1100's.

what do you need the shutoff valve for? And where would it go in this configuration?

lsvboombox
03-03-2012, 07:09 PM
what do you need the shutoff valve for? And where would it go in this configuration?

Your best bet is to buy a dual port manifold from WM for 50 bucs. Insert after your center locker pump, Send one line to center locker and one line to your center locker and the other to the bow sac. You can then tee in to the over flow underneath the drivers dash. You need dual mainfold(50) a tee (5) and some extra hose. You can then control each bag. If you daisy chain it u will have no adjustment, its either fill all or fill none.

mnpracing
03-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Your best bet is to buy a dual port manifold from WM for 50 bucs. Insert after your center locker pump, Send one line to center locker and one line to your center locker and the other to the bow sac. You can then tee in to the over flow underneath the drivers dash. You need dual mainfold(50) a tee (5) and some extra hose. You can then control each bag. If you daisy chain it u will have no adjustment, its either fill all or fill none.
with this config, you'd still need a drain pump(s) on the ibs right? and I don't think you'd want to T the ibs vent into the center bag vent as the overflow would go into the other bag. Maybe I'm not following this configuration.

lsvboombox
03-03-2012, 11:32 PM
with this config, you'd still need a drain pump(s) on the ibs right? and I don't think you'd want to T the ibs vent into the center bag vent as the overflow would go into the other bag. Maybe I'm not following this configuration.

I have the reversible pumps. All my overflows have oneway valves on them so it doesnt fill the other bag. If you have the aerator pumps this method would work but you would need to add a drain pump.

Also i t the overflow right at the thru hull and its actually a y not a t

Mobi1
03-03-2012, 11:35 PM
use a valve, that way you can just fill the ibs if you want to.

mnpracing
03-04-2012, 12:08 PM
I have the reversible pumps. All my overflows have oneway valves on them so it doesnt fill the other bag. If you have the aerator pumps this method would work but you would need to add a drain pump.

Also i t the overflow right at the thru hull and its actually a y not a t

ah got it now, thank you. That makes sense.

rdlangston13
03-04-2012, 09:28 PM
when it comes to draining the ibs dont you need to have a drain line on either side of the sack? how are yall accomplishing this and the routing involved?

lsvboombox
03-04-2012, 09:50 PM
when it comes to draining the ibs dont you need to have a drain line on either side of the sack? how are yall accomplishing this and the routing involved?

With the jabsco pumps i did put a "y" in the line and put a hose on each side. I routed the hose under the floor. I dont think you need one on each side but i think you will get better drainage.

TL7
03-05-2012, 12:01 AM

Where do you see this for $50? I only found this one for $119...

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-distribution-flow-manifold.html

bzubke1
03-05-2012, 12:26 AM
I think this may be the part he's talking about.

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1297

lsvboombox
03-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Yes thats it. http://www.wakemakers.com/bosworth-y-valve.html

bzubke1
03-05-2012, 01:14 PM
This is how I would do it to keep it simple without adding extra pumps. Also with the selectable Y-valve you could fill either the ski locker bag or the integrated bow sac without filling the other.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k58/bzubke1/bowsac.png

lsvboombox
03-05-2012, 02:25 PM
That diagram is the exact way mine are setup except i used the aluminum mastercraft y diverter. I mounted it near the floor under the observers seat. I can flit the valve without getting out of the drivers seat. The only thing that was hard to find was a 1 inch y fitting. WM didnt have one at the time and i had to locate one at a aquarium shop online..

lsvboombox
03-05-2012, 02:30 PM
I am actually thinking of putting another diverter on the non surf side sac that plums into the surf sac so i can fill the 1100 twice as fast

rdlangston13
03-05-2012, 09:46 PM
ok so how the hell do you get the hose to the other side of the boat???

lsvboombox
03-05-2012, 09:55 PM
ok so how the hell do you get the hose to the other side of the boat???

On my '10 lsv there are channels that run under the observer seat and the driver seat. I ran a hose from under the observer seat back to the motor and then back up to the bow (under the floor) i then put a Y and split the lines into these channels and they pop up by the power cables under the observer seat and they pop up with the wire harness u der the dash

lsvboombox
03-06-2012, 11:48 AM
here is a rough drawing of my setup

wolfeman131
03-06-2012, 11:55 AM
what the . . . ?

you couldn't find an overhead shot of a LSV?

like the setup!

lsvboombox
03-06-2012, 12:12 PM
ok I updated

wolfeman131
03-06-2012, 12:31 PM
thanks for indulging me.

love the simplicity of this versus adding a dedicated pump, switch, etc. for the bow sac.

jmvotto
03-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Yes i certainly like that idea and I assume it only works with the reversable pumps?

bzubke1
03-06-2012, 02:30 PM
I believe you could use this same fill method with the pre-09 ballast system but you would have to add drain pumps which would be pretty easy.

rdlangston13
03-06-2012, 11:06 PM
so you had to remove the big floor piece over the fuel tank to get to all this?

lsvboombox
03-07-2012, 03:38 PM
so you had to remove the big floor piece over the fuel tank to get to all this?

Yes. 10 spaces..........

Ian Brantford
06-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Has anyone gotten any of the integrated bow sacs like http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-integrated-bow-sac.html to fit into an XLV? Mine has floor supports running almost to the front wall (can barely fit a hand from front of center ballast area to the sides). I don't see how to do it with an XLV except to have two smaller bags, one on each side of the bow.