PDA

View Full Version : Boards on Tower

qb12
06-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Question,,,,, Does anyone ever leave their wakeboards on the tower when they are driving home from the lake.

Wondering if there are any laws since the cords hold them in pretty tight.

I have once when it was raining and wanted to get out quick.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Doug, Tulsa

Buttafewcoe
06-08-2005, 05:14 AM
A word of advise..........take the boards off when trailering. I read somewhere in the literature that came with the boat if speeds (whether on the lake or road) exceed 45 mph, the boards could 'fly' off. Same with the bimini. Likewise, do not leave 'loose stuff' lying on the deck. Stowing everything would be very prudent.

MEDIC151
06-08-2005, 08:21 AM
I always take mine down if I am traveling any distance at all. I do however leave them up if I am going to the lake that is 3 minutes from the house. Speeds never exceed 25 mph so it really isn't an issue going to and from on that lake. When going to others, I take the time to take all hardware down with the exception of the racks. My speakers come off pretty easy so it doesn't take long for me.

Medic

sextons
06-08-2005, 08:23 AM
I agree with all of the above, take they off, if you travel any distance anything left on the tower will also be covered with dead bugs which isn't cool the next time you try to hop in your board.

mobiusLSV05
06-08-2005, 04:20 PM
All boards come off, as well as everything else in the boat, also I have to flip the back bench seat over and turn it 90 degrees or it too will start to flop around, that would be expensive to replace. Does anyone else have this problem?

Yellowmobius
06-09-2005, 08:14 AM
I noticed the rear seat move the first time I pulled my 2004 LSV.
Last tiem I pulled it I put the walkthrough curtain up, that seemed to take care of it.

For long pulls I think I will do as you suggest, flip it over and turn it and keep the curtain up.

NC05LSV
06-09-2005, 09:24 PM
when you get up to cruising speed the force exerted against your tower with boards on it is going to most likely create problems and add to the spider crack and other problems that go hand in hand with a tower.