PDA

View Full Version : Drysuit repair?

brain_rinse
02-17-2012, 05:23 PM
One of the rubber cuffs on my drysuit tore at the end of last season. There is nothing local or even regional, so I thought I'd see if anyone here had recommendations on where to send it in for repair. I might be needing it in another month or so if this mild winter holds up.

Thanks!

you da man
02-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Contact the manufacturer. Some of the cuffs/seals are replaceable.

newty
02-17-2012, 08:10 PM
do it yourself it's super easy. I've done dozens. I'm headed out of town when I get back I'll do a write up on it.
There is a few cool tricks that work really well never had any issues with I'm failing.

newty
02-17-2012, 10:21 PM
What kind of suit do you have? The cuff and ankle seals are easy. The neck seals are a little more difficult, but very doable. The hardest part is finding the correct seals. Most manufacturers will sell you the seals you need.

brain_rinse
02-18-2012, 01:51 AM
It's an oneill boost. The seal that tore was a rubber wrist seal. I'll call them Monday and see if I can get a new seal. Thanks!

snowboardcorey
02-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Give Wileys a call, I havent talked to them in years but they used to have great pricing on dry suit repair http://www.wileyski.com/home.asp

newty
02-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Let me know the price they quote you. I have a dive shops close by that has seals for that suit. We just re-sealed my buddies boost. It has the neo neck right.

brain_rinse
04-07-2013, 11:19 PM
It took me a year, but I sent this suit back to O'Neill and they replaced both wrist seals for $20. Can't wait to try it out in a couple weeks!