PDA

View Full Version : Stargazer for 99 Mobius - Any experience out there?

BensonWdby
02-15-2012, 01:04 AM
I am thinking about adding Perfect Pass Stargazer to my 99 Mobius (5.7L carb). Anyone out there have epxerience to share regarding this - good/bad?

usaski1
02-27-2012, 03:58 PM
I have SG, but its for my 08 DBW.. SG is great, I have heard that with mechanical linkages it takes a little tweaking to get to work right. Wouldn't discourage me if that were my only option though. And the gps keeps speed pretty well locked on. Would get... Runner up would be an older PP system for 500 bux. they all have rpm based trick mode that will work fine for wakeboard if that's your thing.

bret
02-27-2012, 04:18 PM
We just had a dealer install perfect pass on our 2000 mobius V. I can take pictures in a month or so if you want to see what it looks like installed. We can't wait to test it out this season.

bergermaister
02-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Put PP Stargazer in my 2001 last summer, mine is TBI so basically the same setup as a carb as far as linkage goes. I had to do some trimming on my spark arrestor cover (big fiberglass hood thing) for cable clearance and alignment but really a minor thing. Everything else is just running wires and splicing into existing terminals. Installation is really straightforward.

I like the fact that I didn't have to drill another hole under the water line for a paddle wheel. I mounted the GPS puck under the dash and it picks up signals just fine.

All the rumors about it being so much nicer to drive with PP are true.
All the testimonials about PP being an amazing company to work with are also true.

When driving I've noticed that it can be a little touchy backing down to the set speed. I'll hit it hard until we get up to speed, then back off the throttle once its within a few MPH and wait for the beep. Before doing that it seemed like we'd be going way fast before it would back down and I'm not much of one to wakeboard at 28mph.

However that was running a lot of weight and the stock prop. I have an 1847 prop for this year so I'll be curious to see how the engine and PP responds.

wolfeman131
02-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Berg, did you try adjusting the settings? I think it's the KDW and should be set higher for heavily weighted boats. Better check the manual first.

bergermaister
02-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Not yet, but I think you are correct with the KDW adjustment. After I see what it's like with the "new & improved" prop I'll adjust accordingly this summer.

rc5695
02-28-2012, 12:54 PM
i SSSOOO wanted to do this this year, but after buying a house and paying off the boat, there was nothing left over :( Next year for sure!!!