PDA

View Full Version : Inland surfer boards

alex56
02-11-2012, 01:31 AM
I'm 6'2 230 lbs, 2008 Mobius LSV, 1100lb in rear locker, 400 in ski locker with usually 4 people or more at all times sitting on the surf side...... Just added 650lb bow sack for this season.... debating wether or not to cut out the cooler out and run a long bag under that whole side (dont use it anyway).. Think its worth it to get a little more lean? + people (ill include a pic of the 1100 and the 400)

My next question is, I'm In the market for another inland surfer board, I own the Swallow V2 quad fin GREAT BOARD. But ive mastered it and im looking for something a little smaller and quick and will spin a little more easier on the size wake we "had" And while its obvious, these inland surfers dont come at a cheap price so i wanna get the right one first, (thank god i live an hour away from the shop so i can just go pick one up and not get nailed with shipping too LOL )

Im looking at the 2012 sweet spot pro quad fin... its a 4'8, pro model, quad fin capable
(worried its going to be a little too small for me, and with wake size, I a D1 athlete and I'm only going to inscrease in size wether i like it or not lol)

Also looking at the 2012 Mucus, its 4'11, doesnt have all the bells and whistles like the SSP, but still an overall good board..

I Have riden shorter boards with good success, usually ride a 5'3 or a 5'0, yet never have ridden a 4'8 like the SSP, wondering if the mucus wouldnt just be the better bet then?

I wouldnt consider myself a Wakesurf Pro, but I have done a few competitions here and there,(behind the poseidon of surf boats centurians :rolleyes:) and i realized I need a better board for my skill level, I'm completley surf style, our wake is on the larger side of a LSV wake usually.

Any suggestions, reviews, Tips for the new weighting of the boat/ on these boards would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks- Alex

wolfeman131
02-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Yes, cut out the cooler & add the bag! Moombadaze & kaneboats have both done this on their LSV's and it really helped the wave IMO.

If you're that close to IS, I'd suggest you head down there and ask their advice. Jeff Page is awesome & extremely helpful. He will get you hooked up.

lsvboombox
02-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Cut out the cooler with an oscillating tool.

Check out the IS flyboy....

I like added some weight to the centerline or in the opposite locker with the cooler sac. You dont want the boat to just be on its side, you want it to be sitting deep and on its side...

Brianinpdx
02-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Alex - Your to big for a 4.8 board. Just me on this one. ya, you might be able to ride it but to compensate your going to have run really fast to make the wave have enough push. And thats going to do funny things to your wave. Long story short, you'll be out of the pocket and sinking.

Since your in Tacoma, I'd go see the guys at Bakes Marine. They have all the IS boards on display. Speak to Paul and he'll take care of you and can go over each of the ins and outs of the entire lineup. They are also experts in sacks. I'd say use my name in vain, but it might end up costing you more haha.

Peace

-Brian

alex56
02-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Alex - Your to big for a 4.8 board. Just me on this one. ya, you might be able to ride it but to compensate your going to have run really fast to make the wave have enough push. And thats going to do funny things to your wave. Long story short, you'll be out of the pocket and sinking.

Since your in Tacoma, I'd go see the guys at Bakes Marine. They have all the IS boards on display. Speak to Paul and he'll take care of you and can go over each of the ins and outs of the entire lineup. They are also experts in sacks. I'd say use my name in vain, but it might end up costing you more haha.

Peace

-Brian

Thats what i was thinking, I'm gunna cut the cooler out now, even with the 1100,400,650 and how ever big the long bag will be i doubt its really going to help lol Its not gunna throw a centurian wave.... good look on bakes I'll probably end up going to bakes anyway to get a service done there top notch! Anytother recomendations anyone?

might go with the mucus now

alex56
02-16-2012, 05:45 PM
any more suggestions?

Moseley618
02-16-2012, 11:42 PM
I have a buddy that bought a blemished Mucus and it is really a pretty good board for the money.