PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

helix_rider
06-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Okay all you helpful Moomba owners, I call on your wisdom again.

1. Not knowing what they were, someone twirled the knobs below my speedometer/rpm gauges. This, of course, messed up my speed reading. Perfect pass still read correct (confirmed with a GPS) and I used the 'left' knob to dial in the speedometer perfectly. What is the 'right' knob for? It did nothing no matter which way I spun it. I guess I thought it was the 2nd speedo that the manual talked about...?

2. While I'm on the speed thing, my perfect pass goes nutso sometimes on turns, cranking the speed up to 25 mph or higher (normally going 22). I thought it was supposed to keep everything steady? It has been so bad that we revert to driving manually...so much for the 'marriage saver'.

3. Do any of you have Straightline launch bags in your boats? I have been having a heck of a time keeping the hoses attached, they will pop off so easily, and the guy at Straightline pretty much said that the threads on the bags were made that way?!@?!?!

4. Finally, my 1 month old trailer is starting to rust, especially where the axle/wheel is located. What do you guys do to help this rusting issue...

Thanks for the tips.

Loren

Yellowmobius
06-06-2005, 03:20 PM
The right knob is if you don't have perfect pass, then it would control the speedo just like the left one.

My perfect pass gets going pretty good on a corner as well. I think it has to or else it would really slow down in the corner. You can slow it down manually in the corner and then speed back up until it beeps, at that point the PP should take over again.

I am new to the PP only used it 4 or 5 times this year so my statements might not be 100% correct, however that is how mine seems to work.

For the bags, try using some plumbers tape on the threads, a lot of tape!

spray can and keep spraying!

mobiusLSV05
06-06-2005, 08:52 PM
For my new 05 LSV the trailer kit actually came with a can of touch-up paint--- they must know something is up to give that to me? Just a thought

OnTheH20
06-07-2005, 10:13 AM
A word of caution...

The dealer we purchased our boat from indicated the touch-up paint was NOT intended to be used with a brush. If I tried it with a brush it wouldn't match. He stated it was intended for a paintshop to use with the air gun.

Has any heard this before or used the paint that came with the trailier?

chpprpilot
06-07-2005, 04:22 PM
I had the same problem with my ballast bags popping off until I tightened them with hose pliers. They've been solid since. My trailer had rusted as well after about a month...At first I tried to keep up with it, now I've just resigned myself to having to buy a new trailer in a couple of years.
As for your perfect pass; ask your dealer to dial yours in for you. They can program it and run it through a full setup. That should fix your problem. if not, then contact PP directly.

04moblsv
06-08-2005, 05:25 PM
I also had the same problem with my trailer rusting around the fenders on the trailer, took the boat to the dealer, had them contact boatmate ( I assume same trailer) about this issue, they sent the dealer paint and two new fenders, told them to take it to a paint shop to have it painted. boatmate took care of this at no charge to me. only downfall is it took 8 weeks to get the boat back. Maybe check into this and deal with the rust for the summer and in the fall take it to the dealer to have repairs done.