PDA

View Full Version : New 05' LSV won't run

sbagley
06-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Just finished breaking in our new 05 LSV - it has 11.8 hours. Followed EVERY break-in procedure exactly as outlined in the manual and by the dealer.

* All fluid levels stayed spot on thru break-in.
* Temp & pressure gauges - good.
* Only ran Chevron Premium fuel - no marina fuel.
* Boat was running GREAT!!! - Not a single hickup.

Waited until 10 hours and we start wakeboarding, everything was still GREAT!!! Then just as I started rolling on the power to pull my son up, all the sudden the engine started backfiring, sputtering, popping and died.

When I tried to start the boat, it would fire right up just as always but just a moment later (maybe less than a second later) the engine kills.

Maybe fuel system? Could it be something in the electronics telling the engine to shut down???

Any Thoughts or ideas of what it could be???

I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow, but just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I shouldn't have been so confident in the boat, we were 20 miles up the channel at Lake Powell, stuck for several hours and had to be towed all the way in.

How good is Moomba standing behind their boats? I've been around boats and I have family and friends with boats but this is my first boat. I looked at Mastercraft, Malibu, Moomba and others.

I hope I didn't make a bad decision. My good friend has a Malibu with over 200 hours and never had a hickup of any kind. Another friend owned a Mastercraft for 5 years with no problems either.

smokedog2
06-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Please, please let it not be the kill switch. Or have been built next to mine :)

SD2

mseidelch
07-28-2005, 06:37 AM
Hi sbagley,

any new concerning the issue you had ? The problems I have with my 05 XLV seem to be quite similar. I just opened a post for it: http://www.moomba.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2006

Would be cool to figure out what became of your LSV and what is/was the reason!

Markus