PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day Gifts

newty
02-06-2012, 02:17 PM
I always struggle with this one. My wifes B-day is the day before and so its a double whammy!
My wife isn't a roses and chocolate kinda girl, so it can be a challenge.

What are some good gift ideas? Maybe I won't be the only one to benefit from some good ideas.

kaneboats
02-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Pizza, beer, large screen TV. She never cares much for the stuff I get her but I sure do like Valentines Day.

newty
02-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Great ideas! She didn't relly like the chainsaw I got her last year or the the vacuum the year before. What gives??? Maybe its me... I dunno.:D

jpetty3023
02-06-2012, 04:13 PM
My wife's birthday is the same week as valentines day to Kane so I feel your pain. 3 kids so each of them get momma a present. Bath and body works is great for kids Gift to momma along with a gift card for nails/toes. With the kids cheap gifts out of the way, I'll grab her a coach purse and day spa gift certificate. coach for cake day, day spa and flowers delivered to work for v-day and it's a wrap....good luck and let us know what you come up with!

kaneboats
02-06-2012, 04:16 PM
You know, the spa thing won't work and my wife won't sit in the tub or anything. But, she does like a nice pedicure. I might just slap a gift certificate in there for a pedicure. She would be blown away b/c I never get her crap like that. Heck, I make her change her own oil in her car.

newty
02-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Kane you are a ladies man fo sho!

jpetty3023
02-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Dang Kane I can't hardly get my wife to put gas in her own car. Share your secrets with us player?

sandm
02-06-2012, 04:42 PM
guess I got it easy.
no gifts. just flowers at home and we will cook a nice dinner. restaurants are always too crowded and I like to leave those reservations for the younger crowd looking to get laid and needing to impress/work at it :)

probably cook up a couple of lobster tails and a small steak with a nice 6pack for us...

viking
02-06-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm going with a weekend retreat in the mountains with no phone or kids. She needs a break and It'll be a nice get-a-way for both of us. Already have grandpa and grandma lined up to watch the kiddo's. She'll get a gift cert. on V'day explaining the amenities.

kaneboats
02-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Dang Kane I can't hardly get my wife to put gas in her own car. Share your secrets with us player?

LOL! I dated one like that once. She only knew 2 things about a car: 1. Where the key goes in to start it; 2. Where the little twisty thingy is where the man puts the gas in.

wolfeman131
02-06-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm w/ jpetty. In the past I've made up a certificate that gives her a kiddo-free Saturday morning for a manicure & pedicaure. The day she decides to go, I load the 3 buggers in the truck & head to the local donut shop where we over-indulge in sugary treats.

bergermaister
02-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Speaking of kiddos, they need a box to bring to school and decorate for collecting Valentines. I hunted around and this is the best I can come up with. You think this might be sending the teacher the wrong message...?
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/valentines-box.jpg

newty
02-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Nope! It's perfect...

jpetty3023
02-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Right on!!

mmandley
02-06-2012, 11:02 PM
I guess i got it the best here in this situation. All the V days stuff comes out and me and Claudia ignore all of it. We are the same mind, we dont need a holliday to express our feelings for each other. Neigher of us buy cards, gifts, go out to dinner, or anything. It just Feb 14th to us, same as the 13th, and 15th.

The other day in the store she actually said, gawd V days already i cant stand this fake superficial holliday.
I smiled and said, yea i agree, why do i want to buy you flowers that will die in a week, chocolates that make your ass bigger, and take you to dinner to an over priced place LOL.

KG's Supra24
02-06-2012, 11:28 PM
My wifes bday is also the week of Valentines.

We also don't celebrate Valentines day, both of us always found it as more trouble than it's worth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

kaneboats
02-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I don't like all those BS holidays either. Now Sweetest Day, that's a different story. We pull out all the stops for that one.

bergermaister
02-07-2012, 01:00 AM
You know all these holidays were cooked up by a bunch of women who work for HallMark!

We quit buying cards for anything years ago. Just have the kids make something or do something on the computer. Personally I think the little, very personal or thoughtful things go way further than anything over the top does.

Surprise her with a cup of her favorite coffee from wherever, throw in a simple little thing that makes for a smile, single chocolate? single flower? , remind her of a special memory or a story she loves, call it good. I always crack up when I see the Sunday paper just loaded with jewelry ads the first two weeks of February.

mmandley
02-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Im still pretty lucky in the fact i can ride the < your the greatest > by pointing to her ring finger. That bad boy got my mondo brownie points, pluse even thought she was hopping it was comming, she never saw it comming.

sandm
02-07-2012, 10:19 AM
so according to my "official gov't holiday guide", today is official Anti-Winter day. everybody celebrating????

I use these at work every so often for morning trivia in our supervisor meetings..
http://www.triadclubscene.com/days/feb.html

rc5695
02-07-2012, 01:22 PM
think it'll just be a card this year...isn't the house enough? ;)