PDA

View Full Version : Violent vibration

clark
06-05-2005, 11:09 PM
I have a question and concern. I have an 05 Mobius LSV with around 25 hours on it. The last several times I have been out I have had a weird thing happen. I would be riding up the lake with someone wakeboarding and suddenly a vibration that felt like the motor and transmission was coming apart. I would stop, get the rider back in the boat and take off slowly and it continued. After a few minutes, I could go WOT and everything seemed fine again. Just today, a similar vibration happened again. It sounds and feels like something is wrapped all around the shaft, however if that happened, you would think I would be having the same problem with the I/O I had. Hardly ever do I see weeds in our lake that would do such a thing. Any ideas. It is very spiratic.

Clark

BensonWdby
06-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Vibration of that nature reminds me of propeller damage. That is kind of like the behavior I had when I hit my '99 Mobius on something. It did not take much deflection to cause strange vibration and noise. I also ended up bending the strut a little which I am sure did not help much.

Bummer tho ....

Dave

clark
06-06-2005, 08:27 AM
It has only happened a couple of times. It does not do it all the time.

Clark

Yellowmobius
06-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Is it weedy where you are running?

Next time it vibrates try hitting reverse a couple of times quick if there are weeds that will throw them off.

clark
06-06-2005, 09:59 AM
That is why I can't understand it..... It is not weedy where we are. I don't know why it would happen,,,, then all of a sudden it is OK again. I don't know if there is a problem with the v-drive causing the vibration or not. I am at a loss.

Clark