PDA

View Full Version : what is this?

Jon
03-25-2003, 01:37 PM
Hey. I noticed on the back left end of my mobius, there is a hole with a cap on it that says atwood. I know it has to be for some kind of pump but not sure what it is. Its not the ballast, thats a little further up on the boat, and its not the bilge, thats on the other side towards the front. I can reach my hand back behind the rear wall and feel a tube running into it. I was just wondering if anybody could tell me what this is. thanks.

pic can be seen at http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?p=56602#56602

Yellowmobius
03-25-2003, 03:28 PM
Gas tank breather valve.

Nice boat I have one the same color, it really turns heads!

Have you noticed any gel coat cracks? I have a few that stem from the rub rail up. I am currently working with skiers choice to get them fixed.

Jon
03-25-2003, 04:04 PM
No, I haven't had any gel coat cracks at all. I've had many compliments on my boat's color also. Only problems I have had is with some electronics, but like you, working to get them fixed under warranty. Thanks for the info.

MartyC
03-25-2003, 11:18 PM
Bruce-
I have a yellow outback and also love the color. I noticed a small hairline crack in the gel coat above the rub rail the other day. I have not had it to the dealer since I noticed it but was wondering what skier's choice has told you can be done for that. Thanks.

Brian Raymond
03-26-2003, 12:25 AM
Jon, this is the fuel vent, on later models it was removed and integrated into a vented fuel fill cap. Have no worries, and have an enjoyable skiing (boarding) season. Brian Raymond

skibohdi
03-26-2003, 05:37 PM
I ran into several gel coat issues last season with my 2002 yellow outback as well.

1. I had several locations along the top deck where spider cracks developed during the season. All seemed to origonate from the rub rail also.

2. Noticed cracks coming from around the windshield anchors too. There was some windshield spread that occured as the season progressed.

3. Finally, several locations where the gel coat appeared unfinished. The main spot was on the side of the bow walk through. Also several small spots on the bottom of the boat towards the back that appeared to be globs of sealant or something.

My dealer was excellent about everything. He went around the whole boat with me and marked every spot last fall. He was going to send it over to his repair guy to have the gel coat fixed and have the windshield re-set before he put into storage. I will be picking it up in a few weeks and will let you know how things turned out.

Yellowmobius
03-26-2003, 08:56 PM
I have about 15 - 1 to 2 inch cracks around the rub rub rail and one off the windsheild base. I have been working with skiers choice, it had taken longer than I would have like to see to get a resolution however they have been good to work with. It has been decided to ship the boat back to the factory next fall for inspection and repair.

I love the boat, everyone in town knows whos boat it is!
It has been a great boarding boat.

skibohdi
03-27-2003, 04:35 PM
Hey Bruce,

Nice to hear from a fellow Nodak. Bismarck is my home town. Where did you purchase your boat. Are you dealing directly with skiers choice or are you going through your dealer. Our problems sound similar. Just looking for some extra ammo in case things don't turn out with my dealer. We purchased our Outback from Nisswa Marine just north of Brainerd. Found out that McLaughlin's RV and Marine here in Fargo picked up the Moomba line over the winter.

Skiul8r

DOC

SpdRacr50
03-27-2003, 11:06 PM
Just my experiences ... my boat is a 2002 Outback LS with the cage. I got the boat in Nov. and it now has a total of 7 hours on it, and among other prob's, When the boat had about 5 hours on it, one day out on the river, no choppy water, all glass smooth, when I got home, I realized I had numerous (too many to count) spider cracks stemming from the left side rub rail. Upon further inspection at the dealership, they removed one of the front seat-backs, and the cracks were even worse there. He was hesitant to fix them, because he said thatSkiers Choice does not like numerous warranty claims for those kind of cracks. But he went ahead and di it anyway, because he said it was pretty bad. Just some info for you guys.

john cunius
04-24-2003, 07:54 PM
unfortly there are many grades of g coat check under the gunnel to see if you can beef it up 600it out ann buff it out