PDA

View Full Version : new ride

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-01-2012, 08:05 PM
back in october i bought my wife a 2011 chevy tahoe ltz. all the specs on it says it should have plenty of power to pull my boat. anyone using a tahoe and how does yours do . i still have my pickup for my home lake trips but i'll use the tahoe when we go to lakes farther away so everyone can pile in it and wanted to use it it for our cumberland trip. any advice would be great

wolfeman131
02-01-2012, 08:14 PM
No advice on the ride, but some other advice: post up the dates your heading to Cumberland.

KG's Supra24
02-01-2012, 08:51 PM
You will be fine.

If it has the airbags in the back it will be even better. Either way you are fine, though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jpetty3023
02-01-2012, 09:25 PM
That's a great ride and will tow your boat fine, like KG said if it has bags all the better.

I traded in my Tahoe few months ago and regret it here and there. First it was almost paid off and second, with losing the third row seat I have missed it a few times already with my kids wanting there friends to tag along with us to movies,dinner, etc....whoops.

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-01-2012, 09:54 PM
this might sound stupid but what airbags are you refering to and how does that help with towing?

our main reason of getting it is my wife is pregnant with our first child but she has 2 from previous marriage so wanted something nice and roomy for the whole family but you can cram 7 into it . got the bucket seats in the middle. its a decked out ride and handles very nice can't wait to see how it pulls the boat

wolfman the family is still trying to nail down the dates exactly but it'll be aug probably the beginning of the month.

jpetty3023
02-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Air suspension bags. In some models, my buddies ltz does, they come standard. Basically it's an air bag system that levels the Tahoe when you have a trailer hooked up

KG's Supra24
02-01-2012, 10:30 PM
^ got it. It is part of the suspension and auto levels the vehicle depending on weight load.

I don't know if newer systems have changed but older ones you could hear them fill right after starting or turning of the vehicle, from the old school town cars too my 04 Denali. You would hear it by the rear axle.

It wouldn't change my answer of the tahoes ability by any means but is a nice feature.

Fwiw, I pulled my 24 multiple times with an 04 Tahoe, even a 4 hour trip to Texas, and didn't have any concerns.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

kaneboats
02-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Put the airlift ones in the 2001 Suburban. Now, it had 100k on it when I did it so the difference was huge. But, wow is it nice now. I leave air in them all the time so it looks a little "jacked up".

viking
02-01-2012, 10:40 PM
we pull our moomba with the 05 denali it is does wonderful. It does have the 6.0L and air suspension too though!

04OUTBACK
02-02-2012, 03:58 AM
Pulled my LSV all over place with 05 Tahoe lt with tow pkg (2wd) with no issues.
Pulled outback from SW Missouri to Mississippi when I bought outback. No issues on 9 hour tow( except in steep hills of table rock lake at 10 mph ;-)